Quest 2 and 3 outsold PSVR 2 on Amazon over the Holiday Season

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Seriously thinking of getting a Quest 3 just bcus it dies other things and the library is so vast plus Asgard!

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Yall are tripping, Sony is doing a great job with the PSVR2, you can't ask for bleeding edge tech while also asking for it to be cheap...what sense does that make? It's a premium product for those interested in an already niche subcategory of gaming! It was never supposed to sell gangbusters. It's outpacing the PSVR1 and that's all that really matters.

People always say bring it to PC but no one explains how that helps Sony or PlayStation fans....? The headset is probably sold at a loss, or at best very small profit, and you want them to put it on PC so that Valve can reap all the rewards after Sony spends years and millions of dollars on RND developing it? And how many PS5 owners do you think have a good enough PC to be able to play VR games? 😂 The overlap is tiny. Making PSVR2 compatible with PC literally just hands Valve free market share that they didn't have to work for. Maybe when Sony makes enough profit on them they can add PC support, but right now it makes zero sense to. We all know the profit is in the software NOT the hardware.

Just because the Quest 3 is selling better doesn't mean the PSVR2 is a failing product. It's less than a year old and you guys are rushing to label it as a failure and the next Vita...🤦‍♂️ When in reality it has a great library, 4/5 VR GOTY nominees are PSVR2 exclusive, and it's outselling its predecessor handily, it's objectively a success.
I'm still waiting to hear from @Nhomnhom @Danja1187 and @Killer_Sakoman how PC support is a good move or how it will somehow "save" PSVR2? I swear people just bring it up in bad faith as a talking point because they have no real argument. Usually the people that say this are just pc portbeggars that want the best headset without having to buy a PS5, so hearing it from PS fans that are against PC ports shows how bad the FUD around PSVR2 as gotten.....

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm still waiting to hear from @Nhomnhom @Danja1187 and @Killer_Sakoman how PC support is a good move or how it will somehow "save" PSVR2? I swear people just bring it up in bad faith as a talking point because they have no real argument. Usually the people that say this are just pc portbeggars that want the best headset without having to buy a PS5, so hearing it from PS fans that are against PC ports shows how bad the FUD around PSVR2 as gotten.....
Pretty obvious, it's such a small market that Sony would move more units and be able to release their games to a bigger audience. How you are unable to get it is what's surprising, go to any VR board and you'll plenty of people listing lack of PC support as the reason they didn't go with a PSVR2 (including myself).

It's completely different from the regular PS5 ports to PC because the PS5 is expected to sell 120m+ and has no trouble moving software. The fact that they port everything but VR games just shows how poorly conceived their entire PC port strategy is.

The Meta Quest supports PCVR even it that opens it up to competing stores and they would be glad to support PS5 is that was an option.

VR tied to a single equipment is like Sony making a TV that only works with PlayStation, it makes no sense and it's not surprising that it's failing miserably and going nowhere. I shouldn't need to buy multiple VR screen just like I don't need to buy multiple TVs.

Your conspiratorial fanboy take is not surprising, you don't seem to be rational when it comes to anything PlayStation, all you want is to make excuses for Sony so they look good.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: PlacidusaX

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
@Nhomnhom You really must not be thinking straight to have typed this dumb stuff and hit enter 🤦‍♂️ Your irrational hate for Sony is reaching new heights every week. Let me break this foolishness down line by line…

Pretty obvious, it's such a small market that Sony would move more units and be able to release their games to a bigger audience. How you are unable to get it is what's surprising, go to any VR board and you'll plenty of people listing lack of PC support as the reason they didn't go with a PSVR2 (including myself).
Everything seems obvious when you put zero thought into it, which you clearly did. Dude is using VR boards as a source 🤣 Those same VR boards that are full of PC gamers and want everything on PC 🤦‍♂️ You including yourself is pointless when you just recently bought a Quest 2 and were obviously burned, you made a mistake and now want PSVR games on PC. It’s not Sony's fault you bought the inferior product 🤷‍♂️ I get that you’re mad about missing out on the best games, but there's no need to take it out on Sony and us PSVR2 fans.

It's completely different from the regular PS5 ports to PC because the PS5 is expected to sell 120m+ and has no trouble moving software. The fact that they port everything but VR games just shows how poorly conceived their entire PC port strategy is.
No it’s not different at all, exclusive games are the highlights to any platform, you know this. PSVR2 requiring a PS5 is what allows for the best games to be developed and in a timely manner. You constantly talk about Sony studios wasting time porting engines to PC….but now you’re asking them to do the same for VR, and it is even dumber for the PSVR2 since it’s not sold at a profit. And the more games developed exclusively for PSVR2, the better. Most other headsets, including the brand new Quest 3, don’t even have eye tracking and FOVeated rendering. Arguing against exclusive PSVR2 development is no different than the idiots that want every game made for the Switch and Series S. You all brought a crappy product and now you want to hold the entire gaming industry back because of it? 🤦‍♂️ GTFOH.

Also you're completely ignoring the fact that Sony gets a 30% cut of EVERY VR game bought on the PSN store, by putting their headset (that they're not profiting on) on PC, they're literally throwing away their market share and handing it to their BIGGEST COMPETITOR. It's exactly the same logic of why PC ports are so stupid, yes theyre making some money in the short term, but in the long term they're forfeiting market share.

Another thing, VR sets PlayStation apart from Xbox and Nintendo, you should be grateful they're taking a huge risk on an amazing niche product, but instead you clueless people ridicule them....While also complaining that Sony doesn't take risks anymore....
Just think about it:
- they had to port multiple engines that were not originally made to release games on PC.
- teams that were not made to release and support PC games had to learn how to do it.
- they had to pay other devs to port these games and buy a team specialized in making PC ports.
- some of those game were released in a poor state and required months of work to fix it.
- they just gave away their main differentiation factor (exclusives) to what is likely to become their main competitor in the future (if it already isn't).
- PlayStation now isn't the place to run PlayStation games on the highest quality and doesn't require you to pay a monthly fee to have access to multiplayer.
- even if they stop porting their games it will take years and years for PC players to start believing all PlayStation games won't make their way to Steam.
- open up their games to being easily pirated (I think all PlayStation releases so far were cracked day 1).

All that for a few million units sold, a good chunk of them likely on deep discounts.

Single player focused game with no Denuvo, Sony clearly had no understanding of the PC market.

Their whole PC strategy is one of the dumbest things they ever done on the game business. If it had been only GaaS games it would've made sense, but their GaaS strategy hasn't resulted and anything and they just seem to have piled mistake on top mistake.
Here's a post from you a few weeks ago rightfully saying that Sony was dumb to waste resources porting entire engines to PC, but now you want them to do the same for VR games...? You don't even realize your own hypocrisy!
The Meta Quest supports PCVR even it that opens it up to competing stores and they would be glad to support PS5 is that was an option.
The Meta Quest is a cheap piece of junk, not only is it sold at a big markup, but Meta (Facebook), is also farming a ton of data from you. They couldn't care less about games, they're stealing all the data they can get from you and selling it to the highest bidder. Trying to equate them with PlayStation is so disingenuous and asinine, but again, you would realize this if you even put a modicum of thought into your argument. But no, you're just in your "Everything Sony does is bad" phase....
VR tied to a single equipment is like Sony making a TV that only works with PlayStation, it makes no sense and it's not surprising that it's failing miserably and going nowhere. I shouldn't need to buy multiple VR screen just like I don't need to buy multiple TVs.
Horrible analogy, once again not taking into account MARKET SHARE. People buy 3rd party games on PLAYSTATION, where Sony receives a 30 PERCENT CUT.... It's like you're not even trying to be reasonable. When Sony sells you a TV, they profit directly from the sale of the TV (A LOT BTW), but when they sell you a PSVR2 headset, there is no profit, they make money from the games you buy. Stop being disingenuous, a VR headset is not like a TV in anyway shape or form, saying you shouldn't need to buy multiple VR screens is like saying you shouldn't need to buy multiple consoles, now THAT makes no sense. And saying that it's " failing miserably and going nowhere", is ridiculous and has no basis in reality, you're only speaking from emotion and sound exactly like a reee user.
Your conspiratorial fanboy take is not surprising, you don't seem to be rational when it comes to anything PlayStation, all you want is to make excuses for Sony so they look good.
I don't see the need for personal insults when all I asked you do to do was explain your point.... This just proves that you know you're dead wrong, but refuse to admit it. But it's ok, you're like a little brother to me, so I won't hold it against you. But you should be the last one calling anyone irrational, everything Sony does is trash to you these days. You said PS5 in 2024 is dry when it has FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade, SH2 Remake, Rise of the Ronin, Helldivers 2, Foamstars, Granblue, Pacific Drive, and even more coming. You also said the PSVR2 library is weak when it has several GOTY contenders in it's first year alone. 90% of the stuff you say about Sony/PlayStation these days is irrational. Calling me a fanboy is crazy when I regularly get called a doomer on this forum, and I was one of the few people defending you when you got banned! If I was really a crazy PS fanboy, I'd be like some of the others on here and be glad that you were banned. I'm not a crazy fanboy or a Sony hater like you, I'm simply a levelheaded fan. I always call them out when appropriate but when it comes to VR, there's very little to call them out for. Not getting HL Alyx is the biggest blunder, and they need to do better marketing, but besides that they're doing a great job with the PSVR2.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@Nhomnhom You really must not be thinking straight to have typed this dumb stuff and hit enter 🤦‍♂️ Your irrational hate for Sony is reaching new heights every week. Let me break this foolishness down line by line…

Everything seems obvious when you put zero thought into it, which you clearly did. Dude is using VR boards as a source 🤣 Those same VR boards that are full of PC gamers and want everything on PC 🤦‍♂️ You including yourself is pointless when you just recently bought a Quest 2 and were obviously burned, you made a mistake and now want PSVR games on PC. It’s not Sony's fault you bought the inferior product 🤷‍♂️ I get that you’re mad about missing out on the best games, but there's no need to take it out on Sony and us PSVR2 fans.

No it’s not different at all, exclusive games are the highlights to any platform, you know this. PSVR2 requiring a PS5 is what allows for the best games to be developed and in a timely manner. You constantly talk about Sony studios wasting time porting engines to PC….but now you’re asking them to do the same for VR, and it is even dumber for the PSVR2 since it’s not sold at a profit. And the more games developed exclusively for PSVR2, the better. Most other headsets, including the brand new Quest 3, don’t even have eye tracking and FOVeated rendering. Arguing against exclusive PSVR2 development is no different than the idiots that want every game made for the Switch and Series S. You all brought a crappy product and now you want to hold the entire gaming industry back because of it? 🤦‍♂️ GTFOH.

Also you're completely ignoring the fact that Sony gets a 30% cut of EVERY VR game bought on the PSN store, by putting their headset (that they're not profiting on) on PC, they're literally throwing away their market share and handing it to their BIGGEST COMPETITOR. It's exactly the same logic of why PC ports are so stupid, yes theyre making some money in the short term, but in the long term they're forfeiting market share.

Another thing, VR sets PlayStation apart from Xbox and Nintendo, you should be grateful they're taking a huge risk on an amazing niche product, but instead you clueless people ridicule them....While also complaining that Sony doesn't take risks anymore....

Here's a post from you a few weeks ago rightfully saying that Sony was dumb to waste resources porting entire engines to PC, but now you want them to do the same for VR games...? You don't even realize your own hypocrisy!

The Meta Quest is a cheap piece of junk, not only is it sold at a big markup, but Meta (Facebook), is also farming a ton of data from you. They couldn't care less about games, they're stealing all the data they can get from you and selling it to the highest bidder. Trying to equate them with PlayStation is so disingenuous and asinine, but again, you would realize this if you even put a modicum of thought into your argument. But no, you're just in your "Everything Sony does is bad" phase....

Horrible analogy, once again not taking into account MARKET SHARE. People buy 3rd party games on PLAYSTATION, where Sony receives a 30 PERCENT CUT.... It's like you're not even trying to be reasonable. When Sony sells you a TV, they profit directly from the sale of the TV (A LOT BTW), but when they sell you a PSVR2 headset, there is no profit, they make money from the games you buy. Stop being disingenuous, a VR headset is not like a TV in anyway shape or form, saying you shouldn't need to buy multiple VR screens is like saying you shouldn't need to buy multiple consoles, now THAT makes no sense. And saying that it's " failing miserably and going nowhere", is ridiculous and has no basis in reality, you're only speaking from emotion and sound exactly like a reee user.

I don't see the need for personal insults when all I asked you do to do was explain your point.... This just proves that you know you're dead wrong, but refuse to admit it. But it's ok, you're like a little brother to me, so I won't hold it against you. But you should be the last one calling anyone irrational, everything Sony does is trash to you these days. You said PS5 in 2024 is dry when it has FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade, SH2 Remake, Rise of the Ronin, Helldivers 2, Foamstars, Granblue, Pacific Drive, and even more coming. You also said the PSVR2 library is weak when it has several GOTY contenders in it's first year alone. 90% of the stuff you say about Sony/PlayStation these days is irrational. Calling me a fanboy is crazy when I regularly get called a doomer on this forum, and I was one of the few people defending you when you got banned! If I was really a crazy PS fanboy, I'd be like some of the others on here and be glad that you were banned. I'm not a crazy fanboy or a Sony hater like you, I'm simply a levelheaded fan. I always call them out when appropriate but when it comes to VR, there's very little to call them out for. Not getting HL Alyx is the biggest blunder, and they need to do better marketing, but besides that they're doing a great job with the PSVR2.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't know how

Reactions: JAHGamer