Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart WAS profitable

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
We got ourselves a war criminal over here.

I'm a Sony fanboy but I'm not going to pretend CTR is even half as good as Mario Kart, it's like pretending that Playstation battle royal or whatever it was called is better than Smash bros.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I'm a Sony fanboy but I'm not going to pretend CTR is even half as good as Mario Kart, it's like pretending that Playstation battle royal or whatever it was called is better than Smash bros.
You are absolutely right.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You're both hideously wrong. Smash is better than PS ASMR or whatever it's called but CTR is the GOAT. Name one thing Mario Kart does better.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You're both hideously wrong. Smash is better than PS ASMR or whatever it's called but CTR is the GOAT. Name one thing Mario Kart does better.
sell copies

white teeth troll GIF

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Kart racing is a social game for me. I simply had more fun with MK over CTR when playing with friends and especially online..

There are aspects of CTR that's better but overall... Its simply not as polished on a technical level and the remake was a bit too grindy

Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

I prefer Jak X over CTR, jak X was way more fun and the story mode was so good.

Jak X was a true evolution of the Kart genre

Reactions: daniel5043

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
R/C 2016 sold almost 7m as of February 2022

GBvmq6vXgAApUsc.png
Not really the argument of the thread, but I really don't understand how the average unit price for MLB the Show is 116 $. Does it come with a special edition extremely expensive that sell ridiculously well? I thought the game sold a bit better, but I certainly didn't expect it made so much revenue per copy...

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not really the argument of the thread, but I really don't understand how the average unit price for MLB the Show is 116 $. Does it come with a special edition extremely expensive that sell ridiculously well? I thought the game sold a bit better, but I certainly didn't expect it made so much revenue per copy...
I said the same thing and it’s because of micro transactions lol. All sports games have aggressive monetization and if you want the best team without grinding for 100 hours then you need to pay up.

Reactions: MaxParrish

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
1703585521-image.png

Big % for Europe and America.
Definitely bigger in Europe...I'm a little disappointed it sold so little in Japan , apparently: R&C was once one of the rare western IP to have a good following in Japan, but it seems it's no longer the case...

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I said the same thing and it’s because of micro transactions lol. All sports games have aggressive monetization and if you want the best team without grinding for 100 hours then you need to pay up.
Well, that make VERY clear why Sony decided to accept the new terms with the League even if the game doesn't have universal appeal

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's Gaas, maybe people spends a lot in micro transactions, dlc, passes or whatever the game has.

CTR only at 4 mil when Mario Kart is up at 80mil or something equally absurd is war crime-worthy. CTR is still the best kart racer around.
Many wikis including wikipedia sy CTR sold 1.71 million copies sold in Europe, 2.64 million copies sold in the United States, and under 500,000 copies sold in Japan. But none of them show any source for these numbers. That would be more than the 4M. Probably are fake numbers from lolchartz, or could also be public numbers announced before it did stop selling. Who knows.

The thing is CTR was released between Mario Kart 64 (9.8M units sold) and Mario Kart Super Circuit (5.9M). The next one was Mario Kart: Double Dash (6.8M).

Back then the arcade racers did sell way less, maybe because they had way more competition than now and the userbase was smaller.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Well, that make VERY clear why Sony decided to accept the new terms with the League even if the game doesn't have universal appeal
I still think its really bad that a first party game is day 1 on GamePass every year, Sony should've negotiated better