• Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Discuss

Firewalk Studios shares a release date and first gameplay trailer for Concord

Starting the May 2024 State of Play, Sony unveiled a new gameplay trailer for Firewalk Studios' upcoming 5v5 multiplayer shooter Concord.

The new trailer showed a pre-rendered cutscene showcasing a ragtag group of guns for hire. After the extended cutscene, Firewalk Studios provided a first and detailed look at Concord's gameplay. It shows glimpses of the various characters you can play, each with weapons and play styles catering to different players.

As Sony previously reiterated, Concord will be released on PC and PS5 on August 23. However, the studio will host a beta in July before that date.

God of War Ragnarok is coming to PC this September

Another first-party PlayStation project is on its way to PC. This time, it's Sony Santa Monica's 2022 action game God of War Ragnarok, which will arrive on PC on September 19.

God of War Ragnarok's PC version will include the Valhalla DLC, and PC-centric features such as support for ultrawide monitors, unlocked frame rates, and supersampling techs like DLSS and FSR.

After the State of Play, a PlayStation Blog post revealed that players must have a PlayStation Network account to play the PC version of God of War Ragnarok. This decision may be polarizing for some, as Sony was under fire for mandating a PSN account for PC versions of Helldivers 2 and Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut. However, the former escaped the PSN requirement after public outcry.

Dynasty Warriors Origins Announced, Coming Next Year

Omega Force's hack-and-slash video game series Dynasty Warriors is back, as the developer and its publisher KoeiTemco announced Dynasty Warriors Origins, which is coming out sometime next year.

In a PlayStation Blog post, Dynasty Warriors: Origins producer Tomojiko Sho revealed that Origins will "depict the chaos of the Three Kingdoms for the first time in the Dynasty Warriors franchise." With players taking control, a "nameless hero." More interestingly, Sho revealed that Omega Force is leveraging the PS5 technology to create "an all-new Warriors-like battlefield" that will provide massive armies "as far as the eye can see!"

Dynasty Warriors Origins is coming to PS5 next year.

Upcoming open-world RPG Infinity Nikki is getting a beta test sometime in Q3 2024

Infinity Nikki, the vibrant open-world RPG with former Zelda director Kentaro Tominaga attached to the project, got another trailer at today's State of Play.

Previously described as an "open-world dress-up adventure," Infinity Nikki will see the titular character arrive on the continent of Miraland. There, along with her friend Momo, she will travel to various nations, each with a different history and culture to explore. In addition, Nikki will encounter a ton of adorable creatures.

Though no firm release date was revealed, we did learn at the end of the trailer that infinity Nikki will get a beta test in Q3 of this year.

Ballad of Antara is a 'high fidelity' free-to-play action RPG releasing next year

Ballad of Antara is a dark fantasy RPG that is set to release sometime next year.

Developed by TipsWorks Studio, this is a brand new IP from the developer. In a PlayStation Blog post, studio head wrote that Ballad of Antara will strive to achieve the "highest fidelity," and will be a free-to-play title.

"For this new IP, we set out to create a vast world, both in geological scale and cultural variation. In the normal version of this world, common folk reside," Ballad of Antara's blog post explains. "In another version of the world, peculiar sightings and encounters await. We call this unimaginable part of the world 'Para'. Fundamental essences of the living world are taken away and trapped inside the Para from the invasion of an ancient power, and that’s where our story begins."

The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners' developer announces new VR game

Behemoth is the next project from Skydance Games, the developer behind The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners.

Alien Rogue Incrusion is out this holiday on PSVR2

A new game set in the Alien franchise is coming. Alien Rogue Incrusion is the next game based on this iconic horror franchise. And fans won't have to wait too long as the game is set to release during the holiday 2024 season.

Marvel Rivals gets a new trailer, closed beta set for July

Marvel Rivals, a super hero team-focused PvP shooter featuring Marvel Comics superheros got another aciton-packed trailer. Though NetEase Games did not reveal a release date, we did learn that a closed beta is set for this July.

Until Dawn gets a new trailer and a Fall 2024 release window

Announced back in January, developer Ballistic Moon revealed a new trailer for Until Dawn, showing the enhancements the studio made to Until Dawn's graphics and animations.

Though we still have no firm releaee date, the showcase did reveal something a bit more firm, with Until Dawn slated to arrivve on PC and PS5 sometime this Fall.

Path of Exile 2 is relasing in early access in late 2024

Path of Exlie 2 developer and publisher Grinding Gear Games flauntedf a new gameplay trailer for Path of Exlie 2. Alongside an early access release date of late 2024.

Silent Hill 2 Remake finally has a release date

Konami revealed that its highly anticipated project, a remake of Silent Hill 2, will be released on October 8 for PC and PS5.

Alongside a release date, Konami and Silent Hill 2 Remake developer Blooper team released a new trailer, showing another look at the game. Particularly more combat, including a scene where Silent Hill 2 protagonist James Sunderland is seen fighting the creepy Abstract Daddy enemy towards the end.

Capcom shares a new look at Monster Hunter Wilds

Monster Hunter: Wilds was announced back at the 2023 Game Awards. And today, Capcom showed off a new trailer, which not only provided another look at this gorgeous project, but confirmed new monsters that will be features.

Monster Hunter Wilds is out sometime next year.

Team Asobi unveils new Astro Bot game coming this Septmeber

The rumors are true: Team Asobi is working on a new Astro Bot game, and we don't have to wait too long for it, as the developer unveiled that its next project is out on September 6, exclusively for the PS5.

Developing...

Last edited:

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
B was what I expected, but Astro Bot surprised me, so a B is more than fair

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Monster hunter and astrobot salvaged it for me to a B, Concord looks okayish will have to see the monetisation before I jump in. Until Dawn is bottom of the barrel trash that should belong to the xbox stables

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
D grade even though I don't rate any shows this way. For me, it's all about how many games were shown (excluding VR/PC ports/remasters) and out of them, how many im interested in playing. Silent Hill 2 remake is 50/50 but Astro Bot looks fucking awesome. Percentage wise, State of Play was around 20% for me.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Was okay. MH Wilds, Where Winds Meet, Astrobot, SH2R and that Ballad game saved the SoP. Voted for C

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
For me its a C, Path of Exile 2 is on my hot list, but I already knew what was announced.

Astrobot was Fabulous.

Until Dawn looked very good

There were some very pretty games on show with some excellent art design.

Concord looked like it should be a Netflix show.

A lot of games that just don't look like they are made for me.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
E for Astro Bot and PoE 2.
E, a fucking E for ASTRO BOT.

You gave spawn to that thing called Atreus, that's a fucking E.

Go Away Reaction GIF