Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
E

This show was simply not enough. Sony has managed to produce 2 Single Player exclusives between November 2022 and September 2024, with one of them being a AA that I am very much interested in. They have nothing to show, their pipeline is completely fucked, and their tone deafness in showing a PC port on what was supposed to be a show for PS gamers is just idiotic.

If it weren't for Astrobot this would have been their worst show so far.

Also, nice to receive confirmation that the fictional 24 month gap between PS and PC releases is being reduced. Once it reaches 12 months I can finally sell my PS5. My PSPlus subscription is running out this month and it will also not be renewed, or I'll downgrade to Essential.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
lol wtf 😂 whos idea was it to slap huge pronouns in the character select screen? 🤣🤣🤣

They have to xe/xims in there otherwise there will be a twitter outrage throughout the year. Even if they ignore twitter, the gaming urinalists and the devs themselves are they/thems so the game has to have it

• angry
Reactions: Diah

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
E

This show was simply not enough. Sony has managed to produce 2 Single Player exclusives between November 2022 and September 2024, with one of them being a AA that I am very much interested in. They have nothing to show, their pipeline is completely fucked, and their tone deafness in showing a PC port on what was supposed to be a show for PS gamers is just idiotic.

If it weren't for Astrobot this would have been their worst show so far.

Also, nice to receive confirmation that the fictional 24 month gap between PS and PC releases is being reduced. Once it reaches 12 months I can finally sell my PS5. My PSPlus subscription is running out this month and it will also not be renewed, or I'll downgrade to Essential.

Yes, we finally got the first new single player game announcement since 2021. While PC is getting their 13th port in the same time frame…. I also cancelled my ps plus and it expires in July, won’t be renewing

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
D1wiQJB.png

Mm9dCfy.png

n1AlAIO.png

icegif-877.gif

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You know it was shit when even here there are more Fs than As. :ROFLMAO:

What a masterclass in shooting yourself in the foot, the world is not kind to stupid and Sony is going out of their way to ensure PlayStation goes the way of Xbox.

Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I gave it a B for Astro Bot alone. Otherwise it would be a D for me (Concord looks kind of nice but I abhor PvP live service).

All those Chinese games look so... soulless. I can't really put my finger in what it is, but they all look kind of the same in a very boring and predictable way.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

True but i'm pretty sure there's a lot of people who don't care.

I've been on PC. Has its advantages but broken PC ports, shader compilation issues, GPU prices and a crap ton of launchers are just some of its issues.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
True but i'm pretty sure there's a lot of people who don't care.

I've been on PC. Has its advantages but broken PC ports, shader compilation issues, GPU prices and a crap ton of launchers are just some of its issues.
All issues that very likely will be resolved over time, MS and NVidia possibly the two biggest companies in the world going forward have a massive stake on PC.

The launcher thing makes absolutely no difference as well, what a reach.

Reactions: Diah

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Console sales a lot of people care, considering they missed their target by 18%.

And honestly, being a PC gamer as well and having a decent rig, I don't usually experience all these issues?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Issues that very well could be resolved over time.

Shader compilation stutter has been around for over a decade and it only got worse over time. The amount of shovelware launchers is increasing, GPU prices are insanely high since 2017 and that won't change anytime soon. At least not according to the Nvidia leather guy. Didn't he say GPU prices will only increase in the future?

And doesn't the same apply to Playstation? People complain about the lack of first party but that's also just an issue that could be resolved over time.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Shader compilation stutter has been around for over a decade and it only got worse over time. The amount of shovelware launchers is increasing, GPU prices are insanely high since 2017 and that won't change anytime soon. At least not according to the Nvidia leather guy. Didn't he say GPU prices will only increase in the future?

And doesn't the same apply to Playstation? People complain about the lack of first party but that's also just an issue that could be resolved over time.
PlayStation didn't even have SSDs until 4 years ago, things change.

You actually think PlayStation has any chance of decreasing the time it's taken them to develop these games? That is a much more established trend that stuff like bad ports and stutter. With as many botched console games as we are getting it makes no sense to point the finger at bad PC ports specially when the most recent infamous ones like TLoU Pt 1 were made by Sony themselves.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Console sales a lot of people care, considering they missed their target by 18%.

And honestly, being a PC gamer as well and having a decent rig, I don't usually experience all these issues?

Their target was 25 million and they still managed to sell 21 million. They didn't reach their original target but 21 million makes the PS5 the second best selling Playstation console in a fiscal year. Only the PS2 managed to sell more.

You guys act like it sold Wii U numbers.

That doesn't change the fact that these are legitimate issues. And yeah, there are people that will make the switch to PC but there are just as many that won't. Not everyone is ready to pay console prices for just a GPU or deal with PC related issues.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yurinka and Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

People still act like you need to buy an expensive GPU every year and as if we were still in the middle of the pandemic+mining bubbles.

All stutter problems I used to have went away when I moved to gaming on Linux.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
PlayStation didn't even have SSDs until 4 years ago, things change.

You actually think PlayStation has any chance of decreasing the time it's taken them to develop these games? That is a much more established trend that stuff like bad ports and stutter. With as many botched console games as we are getting it makes no sense to point the finger at bad PC ports specially when the most recent infamous ones like TLoU Pt 1 were made by Sony themselves.

Bad PC ports have been around for decades. Sony's lack of first party games is fairly recent.

There are more botched PC ports than console ports and shader compilation stutter only applies to PC. The potencial for something to go wrong is much greater on PC in general and there's tons of people who don't want to deal with that.

I just find this whole doom & gloom thing a bit silly. There's always going to be people who prefer consoles over PC for many reasons. Delayed PC ports, or even day 1 won't change that.

Before anyone says "But Xbox"

Xbox haven't released anything worthwhile in over a decade and no one outside of NA cares about the brand. Their PC strategy has lead to less console sales but that was just one of their many issues.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
People still act like you need to buy an expensive GPU every year and as if we were still in the middle of the pandemic+mining bubbles.

All stutter problems I used to have went away when I moved to gaming on Linux.

You don't need a new GPU every year but even a midrange GPU costs as much as a console these days and the low end sector is dying.

Linux can eliminate shader stutter but many games don't work natively. The average console user is not going to deal with that stuff.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
6/10. okay.

They have established that SoP are for thirds parties and lesser first party (the irony is that Astro Bot achives the Nintendo magic, and that's a huge achievement)

Sony is in a position in which they can play coy with their lineup... but they better be cooking mind blowing stuff because that is what people are expecting.

Some people say the showcase is in September and ghost 2 is ready to be shown 🤷🏼‍♂️

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
PC port and PC focused SOP...

It was pure trash for me except for the amazing Astrobot, which I'm excited for but I'm not giving them a pass.

D
I give it a D as well, but I couldn't stand the first Astro game. I am still hoping to see more from Concord after this. I would at least like to try out the upcoming beta before I make a decision.

Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You don't need a new GPU every year but even a midrange GPU costs as much as a console these days and the low end sector is dying.

Linux can eliminate shader stutter but many games don't work natively. The average console user is not going to deal with that stuff.
The average console user will be charged to play online, will be charged for cloud saves, the average console user is being taken for granted here.