Rate the State of Play (31st January 2024)

How do you rate the State of play?

• A

Votes: 29 38.7%
  • B

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • C

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Rate it

Death Stranding 2 Is Officially Titled Death Stranding 2: On the Beach

Kojima Productions shared a traditionally lengthy trailer for Death Stranding 2, which is now officially titled Death Stranding 2: On the Beach. Norman Reedus' Sam Porter Bridges returns, and it appears he's facing off against a new group called Drawbridge. There was a lengthy sequence with a potential villain using a chainsaw-guitar-hybrid weapon shooting lightning from the top, and a lot more that happened. DS2 will star Reedus, Lea Seydoux, Elle Fanning, Shioli Kutsuna, Troy Baker, and more.

Deep Dive on Team Ninja's Rise of the Ronin

Rise of the Ronin is out on March 22, and Team Ninja gave us the best look we've seen so far at the upcoming action game. We got a look at the hub world of Yokohama, 1-on-1 sword combat with a parry system, and a lot more.

Until Dawn Remaster Coming to PS5 and PC This Year

The rumored Until Dawn remaster is real, and it's coming to PlayStation 5 and PC later in 2024. We got a look at the remaster's enhanced graphics.

Stellar Blade Deep Dive, Release Date Announced

We got a deep dive on Stellar Blade, the action game coming from developer Shift Up and publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment. We learned that the game is coming on April 26, 2024. The game takes place on an apocalyptic Earth where a mysterious enemy has forced humans to flee to a colony. The main character Eve and her two companions, Adam and Lily, work to destroy mech-like enemies as well as hostile survivors. Eve will use guns and swords in stylish action combat.

Capcom Shares Another Dragon's Dogma 2 Trailer

Dragon's Dogma 2 is also out on March 22, and Capcom showed up to share another look at the long-awaited sequel.

Sonic x Shadow Generations Announced

SEGA revealed Sonic x Shadow Generations, which looks to be an enhanced remaster of Sonic Generations with new content featuring Shadow the Hedgehog. The teaser trailer showed the same levels we saw in the original Sonic Generations from 2011, as well as new levels where Shadow takes the lead. It's coming to new gen and last gen in Autumn 2024.

Silent Hill: The Short Message Is Dropping Later Today

Konami showed up to the State of Play to reveal Silent Hill: The Short Message, a free-to-play Silent Hill spin-off that will be available to play later today. Konami also shared a new trailer for the Silent Hill 2 remake project, but no release date or window was given.

JUDAS Gets a Brand New Trailer

JUDAS is the next game from Ken Levine, the creator of BioShock, and it definitely resembles his original work. A full trailer for JUDAS was shown at today's State of Play, and it looks like a colorful, dystopian game with first-person combat.

V Rising is Coming to PlayStation 5 in 2024

Dave the Diver Is Coming to PlayStation

Dave the Diver was a surprise hit in 2023, and today we learned the game is coming to PlayStation this April. Plus, we learned that Godzilla is coming to Dave the Diver in May 2024.

Zenless Zone Zero Is In Development for PlayStation 5

Zenless Zone Zero is Hoyoverse's newest game, and today we learned it's in development for PlayStation 5.

Legendary Tales Revealed for PlayStation VR 2

Legendary Tales is a new PSVR 2 game coming from Urban Wolf Games. The first-person gameplay includes combat with magic, swords, hammers, bow and arrow, and more in a fantasy environment.

New Foamstars Trailer Ahead of Next Week's Launch

Foamstars is out on PlayStation Plus next week, and Square Enix shared a new trailer showing off new characters coming to the competitive foam shooter.

Helldivers 2 Trailer

The State of Play kicked off with a brief look at Helldivers 2. We got a look at the game's multiplayer shooter action ahead of its launch on February 8.
Developing...

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Kojima new SNAKE IP
SILENT HILL free PT
Rise of the Ronin
Foamstars Day 1
Helldivers
Stellar Blade April 26
V Rising PS5
ZZZ Ps5
Dragons Dogma 2

Fire Elmo GIF

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I thought it was excellent, so many good games.

Like the look of Judus, like that remake Until Dawn, was it? looked awesome. V rising is my type of game.

Death stranding video the quality of that showing was incredible.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Stellar Blade is a Assterpiece.
PSVR2 announcements. Class.
Seeing some great games coming 1st half of 2024. Class
Rise of the Ronin. Give me that!
Kojima making a weird sequel to a already weird franchise. Class
Kojima back to Action Espionage. I'm dead.
Best State of Play in memory.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It was a pretty good SoP. Some excellent games, VR2 included. But lacks most PS studios announcements. Hope they;re saving those for a showcase or something.

As far as SoPs go, this one's among the better ones.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
B+, but only because most of the names leaked before and because of the absence of any PS dev game.

Still shocked by how good DS2 looks.

• thisistheway
Reactions: ApolloHelios

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
B minus : thanks to Kojima stuff

Stellar Blade looks boring. Silent Hill 2 doesn’t look good to me at all.

Dragons Dogma looks excellent. Ronin’s combat looks great but I’m turned off by it being open world. Def for those who loved Tsushima.

Death Stranding 2 looks crazy. I love it. And the Kojima new IP MGS successor announcement is huge for me.

Judas did nothing for me but I enjoyed the bioshock trilogy so that’s still something…

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
B duo to the lack of PS Studios games (their main studios, not second party).

DS2 looks insane
DD looks fantastic
Stellar Blade looks fun
Ronin looks like GoT2

And of course, the announcement of yet another Kojima new franchise.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It made that Xbox direct look like trash! My only disappointment was no concord.
Better off ignoring other shows and demand a great show and praise great shows for what they are, not what others lacked. This show deserves praise for what it showed.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
In terms of games B. But I'd say overall B minus/C+ due to the fact that there weren't many surprises but it's to be expected these days, thanks to leakers.

Silent hill 2 looked rough, par for the course for Bobber Team. Guess they are waiting for the 5090 to release so that the game can run at 60 fps. Among the worst studios optimizing games.

Suddenly there's an overabundance of games in feudal Japan and as usual Ubisoft will get to the party last.

Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
A+, probably best State of Play ever:
  • Helldivers 2: looking great and it's almost here
  • Stellar Blade: potential to be my GOTY 2024
  • Sonic x Shadow Generations: looking great for Sonic fans
  • ZZZ: looking great, the next Genshin Impact
  • Foamstar: looking good and soon will be day one on PS+
  • Dave the Diver: one of the best 2023 PC indies coming to PS
  • V Rising: one of the best 2023 PC indies coming to PS
  • Silent Hill The Short Message: shadowdropped and FREE new Silent Hill (I assume short) that looks great, starring Mia Kalifah
  • Silent Hill 2: looking great
  • Judas: looking great
  • Metro Awakening VR: looking great
  • Legendary Tales: seems a solid VR game
  • Dragon's Dogma 2: looking great GOTY 2024 candidate
  • Rise of the Ronin: looking great
  • Until Dawn "rebuild and enhaced" by ex-Until Dawn devs: looking great
  • Death Stranding 2: looking great, GOTY 2025 candidate
  • Kojima new game/movie IP (apparently Syphon Filter x MGS unoficial crossover): metaton and GOTY of whenever releases for PS6
  • FFVII Rebirth getting its State of Play next week: GOTY 2024 candidate
Whoever says that didn't like it hates videogames.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: The Icon