Rate the State of Play

How do you rate the State of pLay on September 24?

• 1/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 2/10

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 3/10

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 4/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 5/10

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 7/10

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • 8/10

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 9/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
This is the irony no, a Tomb Raider can be anybody, Uncharted can be anybody and has been. Will we get a Tobacco chewing tough guy as a Tomb Raider? What do you think?

Pointing out identity driven “equity” design in the industry is beyond the realm of possibility for you? You’d have to be pretty ignorant to see the cynicism all around us and be oblivious.

Listen up woke plebs. It’s never the sex, the gender or the style. It’s the intent, the checklist driven creation that immediately bankrupts creativity and compromises artistic intent. Don’t see it? you’re likely part of the problem.

Edit: neglected to comment on your interpretation of Ghost of Yotei being a brand new ip. Very interesting interpretation, curious how many others see it this way. Beyond bizzare take to me.
Seth Meyers Thank You GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Somebody who can sniff shit and call it as it is. MILF of Yotei is 100% forced.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You also idolised Concord and said the exact thing to me and others that dared criticise it. 😂
Yeap...

And I still find the hate you guys had with Concord really weird.
Like you have an agenda since start 🤷‍♂️.

And now a new agenda... you basically don't want games to be games and fighting to these games dies lol

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yeap...

And I still find the hate you guys had with Concord really weird.
Like you have an agenda since start 🤷‍♂️.

And now a new agenda... you basically don't want games to be games lol
I prefer a kick ass movie with Jason Stathem than an episode of Opera Wnthrey because im unashamedly a dude. You clearly prefer the opposite for some reason, and that’s perfectly fine. But don’t tell me what I should prefer and what the majority of the gaming audience should. The activists infiltrating everything do enough of that already.

We’re getting tired of everything becoming Operah Winthrey and will flip the table when needed.

Enjoy your modern slant to everything.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I prefer a kick ass movie with Jason Stathem than an episode of Opera Wnthrey because im unashamedly a dude. You clearly prefer the opposite for some reason, and that’s perfectly fine. But don’t tell me what I should prefer and what the majority of the gaming audience should. The activists infiltrating everything do enough of that already.

We’re getting tired of everything becoming Operah Winthrey and will flip the table when needed.

Did you cried and hated like that when Castlevania changed to a woman protagonists too?

PS. I never watched Operah Winthrey show so I don't know what you meant at all... I know her most due the news about she saying something about politics... seems like she had a lot of influence in US.

And to be fair I'm not even modern at all... I'm very conservative... it is just weird that things that happened in the past a lot of times with crazy games that ended being cult... now people hates and due the social networks lead to others to avoid them and cancel games lol

You are part why the industry is the actual state...

- You hate some change... and start to disseminate that hate.
- Some developer see that and says games needs to be inclusive so keep doing even more stuffs you hate in prol of "save the world" lol
- You hate even more... disseminate even more.
- Developer takes it even more to core because it "needs to be changed".

It is a vicious cycle that started with your hate.

In the past people choose to play or not pay what they didn't like or hate and so that is all about.... nobody disseminate hate.
So the dev without that "hate input" did what they think was the best (no matter if you hate or not).
Amazing games where created with each one of them with its particularities that you should hate or not but nobody cared... people you just not buy/play if you hate and played something that you liked.

Again today you waste more time hatting something you won't play than enjoying what you do like/love.
Keep criticizing devs for their vision that will lead to more strong games with their visions.

The vicious cycle.

The moment you do you part and stop the hate cycle it will be moment what you wish to be like in the past will become true... where games where made to all genders, colors, types, stories, etc and you choose to play what you indeed like to play instead of choose what you hate more.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Did you cried and hated like that when Castlevania changed to a woman protagonists too?

PS. I never watched Operah Winthrey show so I don't know what you meant at all... I know her most due the news about she saying something about politics... seems like she had a lot of influence in US.

And to be fair I'm not even modern at all... I'm very conservative... it is just weird that things that happened in the past a lot of times with crazy games that ended being cult... now people hates and due the social networks lead to others to avoid them and cancel games lol
You are genuinely missing out on Oprah Winthry, it’s you 100%

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You are genuinely missing out on Oprah Winthry, it’s you 100%
I will probably not like her show from the feeling I have from the news headlines about her but that is on me.
I won't go on social network to spread the hate against her show.
There are people that like her show, so what the problem?

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

Exactly.

is-it-true-that-kratos-was-actually-weakened-by-fimbulwinter-v0-gz9a8mbx54cd1.jpeg

And this is why Kratos is the best protagonist in the best game "GOW:R" known to mankind. But Loki is there to destroy all this in the next Queer of War.

Reactions: Shmunter

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Exactly.

is-it-true-that-kratos-was-actually-weakened-by-fimbulwinter-v0-gz9a8mbx54cd1.jpeg

And this is why Kratos is the best protagonist in the best game "GOW:R" known to mankind. But Loki is there to destroy all this in the next Queer of War.
Ohhh but you don't know? Norse Krato is Krato going woke lol
Where is my Greek Kratos?

PS. I'm doing it right, no?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

You are part why the industry is the actual state...

- You hate some change... and start to disseminate that hate.
- Some developer see that and says games needs to be inclusive so keep doing even more stuffs you hate in prol of "save the world" lol
- You hate even more... disseminate even more.
- Developer takes it even more to core because it "needs to be changed".

It is a vicious cycle that started with your hate.

In the past people choose to play or not pay what they didn't like or hate and so that is all about.... nobody disseminate hate.
So the dev without that "hate input" did what they think was the best (no matter if you hate or not).
Amazing games where created with each one of them with its particularities that you should hate or not but nobody cared... people you just not buy/play if you hate and played something that you liked.

Again today you waste more time hatting something you won't play than enjoying what you do like/love.
Keep criticizing devs for their vision that will lead to more strong games with their visions.

The vicious cycle.

The moment you do you part and stop the hate cycle it will be moment what you wish to be like in the past will become true... where games where made to all genders, colors, types, stories, etc and choose to play what you indeed like.
You’ve added about 300% more to your post now so I’ll reply separately. You seem to be under some illusion creative freedom is the driver today. You lack knowledge to understand that creative freedom is no longer free - it is bound to rules, checklists and quotas created by ideology.

Creativity, Freedom and strict rules are incompatible for art. They create flaccid, inoffensive and compromised visions that by definition can never reach potential.

Your references to days past and characters are not comparable in the slightest because they were unrestricted choices and pure in intent back then.

This is getting too tedious now, I’m stepping out of repeating myself to those closed of mind.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You’ve added about 300% more to your post now so I’ll reply separately. You seem to be under some illusion creative freedom is the driver today. You lack knowledge to understand that creative freedom is no longer free - it is bound to rules, checklists and quotas created by ideology.

Creativity, Freedom and strict rules are incompatible for art. They create flaccid, inoffensive and compromised visions that by definition can never reach potential.

Your references to days past and characters are not comparable in the slightest because they were unrestricted choices and pure in intent back then.

This is getting too tedious now, I’m stepping out of repeating myself to those closed of mind.
Or maybe you are under the illusion that is like you made up your mind...
I don't keep reading these comparisons theories.

I play games like I did since 1988.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Preach, brother preach these fucking dumbasses.