Rate the State of Play

How do you rate the State of pLay on September 24?

• 1/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 2/10

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 3/10

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 4/10

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 5/10

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 7/10

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • 8/10

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 9/10

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Did you just reply to yourself?

Yeah, it's called an addendum. It was targeted at strange people at you in addition to my original post and I wanted people who read it to be clear, but I don't believe in editing posts for things other than spelling/grammar, or updating OPs with more relevant information that improves the quality of a thread.

If I just created a new post someone might not understand why I'm focusing on Ridley.

LOL, why am I explaining myself to you? You're clearly a weirdo who cares about whether a video game character has one set of genitalia or another...

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yeah, it's called an addendum. It was targeted at strange people at you in addition to my original post and I wanted people who read it to be clear, but I don't believe in editing posts for things other than spelling/grammar, or updating OPs with more relevant information that improves the quality of a thread.

If I just created a new post someone might not understand why I'm focusing on Ridley.

LOL, why am I explaining myself to you? You're clearly a weirdo who cares about whether a video game character has one set of genitalia or another...
No it’s called replying to oneself

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
I won't even touch the irony of Ridley being brought up so often since the character was original written as a man. That without the success of Alien, we probably wouldn't have gotten Metroid and that without Metroid we wouldn't have Metroidvanias... including Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

I guess I wish people would just stop pretending and just say that they don't like female main characters, but the reality is they probably should try some therapy or something and find out why that is. These are video games, you're not any of these characters, whether they be a man, woman, a dolphin, or a hedgehog.
Oh sry guys wrong account.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
1/10. For a SoP that should have been showcasing massive games coming for the holidays, with a tease of what's dropping next year, this failed to deliver, big time.

I'll up my score if they do another showcase when the PS5pro drops

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
5/10

Would’ve been a 3/10 but ghosts is a big announcement even tho it’s not on my radar.

Otherwise, pretty terrible and the best stuff came from devs I’ve never heard before.

Sucked

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
1/10. For a SoP that should have been showcasing massive games coming for the holidays, with a tease of what's dropping next year, this failed to deliver, big time.

I'll up my score if they do another showcase when the PS5pro drops
They did exactly that.

Tons os games for the holiday with release dates plus showing what is coming in 2025.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Well Tomb Raider is Indiana Jones with a woman.

So what you guys don’t like with changes from man to woman protagonist already successful happened since well ever.
Seriously? Tomb Raider may be a derivative of Indiana Jones as is Uncharted. They are however completely different ip’s, franchises and characters.

Every fps is doom. 😂

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seriously? Tomb Raider may be a derivative of Indiana Jones as is Uncharted. They are however completely different ip’s, franchises and characters.

Every fps is doom. 😂
So why don’t use your own weird excuses here…

Ghost of Yotei is a different ip from Ghost of Tsushima 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway they where very clear the franchise is called Ghost and can happen in any period or place… that obvious means different characters lol

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
So why don’t use your own weird excuses here…

Ghost of Yotei is a different ip from Ghost of Tsushima 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway they where very clear the franchise is called Ghost and can happen in any period or place… that obvious means different characters lol
This is the irony no, a Tomb Raider can be anybody, Uncharted can be anybody and has been. Will we get a Tobacco chewing tough guy as a Tomb Raider? What do you think?

Pointing out identity driven “equity” design in the industry is beyond the realm of possibility for you? You’d have to be pretty ignorant to see the cynicism all around us and be oblivious.

Listen up woke plebs. It’s never the sex, the gender or the style. It’s the intent, the checklist driven creation that immediately bankrupts creativity and compromises artistic intent. Don’t see it? you’re likely part of the problem.

Edit: neglected to comment on your interpretation of Ghost of Yotei being a brand new ip. Very interesting interpretation, curious how many others see it this way. Beyond bizzare take to me.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is the irony no, a Tomb Raider can be anybody, Uncharted can be anybody and has been. Will we get a Tobacco chewing tough guy as a Tomb Raider? What do you think?

Pointing out identity driven “equity” design in the industry is beyond the realm of possibility for you? You’d have to be pretty ignorant to see the cynicism all around us and be oblivious.

Listen up woke plebs. It’s never the sex, the gender or the style. It’s the intent, the checklist driven creation that immediately bankrupts creativity and compromises artistic intent. Don’t see it? you’re likely part of the problem.
What? lol

Did you play Ghost of Tsushima at all?
Ghost is a like a role/style… I mean like Samurai… you can play either as Samurai or Ghost.

Anybody can be a Ghost just like anybody can be a Samurai including woman.

The Ghost of Tsushima was Jin.
The Ghost of Yotei is Atsu.
The Ghost of another place is another character.

The game is very clear about Jin becoming a Ghost... and not that he is THE GHOST... there are others with others stories.

To context in your Uncharted example it is like instead of Uncharted was called Treasure Hunter Drake… and you could have others Treasure Hunter’s stories like Treasure Hunter Sullivan, Treasure Hunter Fraser, etc.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
What? lol

Did you play Ghost of Tsushima at all?
Ghost is a like a role/style… I mean like Samurai… you can play either as Samurai or Ghost.

Anybody can be a Ghost just like anybody can be a Samurai including woman.

The Ghost of Tsushima was Jin.
The Ghost of Yotei is Atsu.
The Ghost of another place is another character.

The game is very clear about Jin becoming a Ghost... and not that he is THE GHOST... there are others with others stories.

To context in your Uncharted example it is like instead of Uncharted was called Treasure Hunter Drake… and you could have others Treasure Hunter’s stories like Treasure Hunter Sullivan, Treasure Hunter Fraser, etc.
You’ve lost the plot my fellow forum goer. Take 5 and get your thinking straight.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz