Redfall | Review Thread

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It really doesn't.
Starfield will be the Game of the Year 2023 and the Activsion-Blizzard deal will go through soon. Literally the biggest publisher of this industry, owned by Microsoft.
It will be a good year. One mediocre game, which was in development before MS acquired them, won't do much damage.
Sony had Destruction AllStars or 3rd party exclusives (funded by Sony) Forspoken. It happens sometimes.
Your delusional if you think Starfield will be GOTY lol. Sorry a devs name can only go but so far. From what we've been hearing about Starfield it'll be lucky if it hits an 85 meta.

Sony has way more good faith and mindshare in terms of quality games that Microsoft doesnt have. Micro. has more trash than good games hence you mentioning a few lower rated games on Sony side is irrelevant. There's a big diff in quality.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I like Arkane, but suggesting it was a GoTY contender with the footage that had already released at that time was utter nonsense.
In life sometimes it's the less attractive model will do more to satisfy you. I would not have been shocked at 80+ for it based on previous releases. Although they never were my GOTY, they are stellar games from the studio and I can understand why someone could think Prey was a GOTY.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
In life sometimes it's the less attractive model will do more to satisfy you. I would not have been shocked at 80+ for it based on previous releases. Although they never were my GOTY, they are stellar games from the studio and I can understand why someone could think Prey was a GOTY.
Yeah but we're not talking about Prey, and Riky (with his seven Xbox's) is a bumbling idiot.

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
How the hell is Xboxera an accredited review site? They gave it the highest score so far. I swear Xbox games have been boosted by Xbox fan sites since forever

Remember when reviewers agreed ReCore was average and Phil Spencer voiced his displeasure:

Phil Spencer: "On the [Recore] reviews, honestly I thought some of the reviews were a little harsh in terms of their view on the game. [...] I didn't try to tell anybody that it was a ten. [...] I think seven, eight, nine, like anywhere in there is fine. [...] I think there's certain reviews that are written more to get clicked on than they are to actually accurately reflect the quality of the game, and that kind of bums me out."

XboxEra is a result of his call.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
"Good enough for Gamepass" is the quote to define this generation IMO.
That may even be overstating it, why would a game like this be worth the time to download then play just because you have access to it? Isn't gamepass supposed to offer you access to a library of great games, you should have something better to play right now.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
"Good enough for Gamepass" is the quote to define this generation IMO.
Pretty interesting how many influencers came out to demonize Sony for not embracing this business model the way MS has. I'm glad Sony hasn't put all of their eggs into the sub service basket as there's a major risk of lower game quality as a result.

This situation is almost like a movie made for theaters vs a movie made for Netflix in terms of quality.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
FvGn3QYWcAIr2cP
FvIwMAZacAEuZdZ