Redfall | Review Thread

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
OK here's my thing with that. Despite not being a AAA title, Hi-Fi Rush still hasn't made the money back they spent to make it.

I keep seeing this narrative that even though Hi-Fi rush was a financial flop too, that it doesn't matter since Microsoft is "no longer using sales as a metric". The problem with that is that streaming services live and die by one thing. Subscribers. New or returning subs, to be precise. And I'm going to be very blunt here, I don't see HFR driving that sub count up by any significant number.

People can spin it all they like, Phil and MS can spin it all they like, but the cracks are starting to show with their current model.
Shadow-dropping HiFi was dumb as fuck.
What? MS thought they were Beyonce that released a full album at midnight with no marketing and succeed massively? You're not f*cking beyonce, MS, you're barely an Olivia Rodrigo. Nobody knows or care about you and you don't have a myriad of crazy fans like Beyonce.
They really need to get their shit together.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
OK here's my thing with that. Despite not being a AAA title, Hi-Fi Rush still hasn't made the money back they spent to make it.

I keep seeing this narrative that even though Hi-Fi rush was a financial flop too, that it doesn't matter since Microsoft is "no longer using sales as a metric". The problem with that is that streaming services live and die by one thing. Subscribers. New or returning subs, to be precise. And I'm going to be very blunt here, I don't see HFR driving that sub count up by any significant number.

People can spin it all they like, Phil and MS can spin it all they like, but the cracks are starting to show with their current model.
Games that don't make money won't keep getting made. Simple as that.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think that this is more like the cracks are so big that it becomes pretty hard to deny their presence.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Almost forgot about this beauty View attachment 1248
martin freeman no GIF

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Almost forgot about this beauty View attachment 1248
To be fair the game wasn't out at that time so having high hopes for an Arkane game makes sense. This is their first major misstep as their games were always critical successes. I thought the whole idea of it was muck, but I love Prey and Dishonored so I would expect a great game. I'm annoyed that the studio was fucked over. I think that's why the game director lobbed the "we had to cancel the PS5 version day 1" grenade during the ABK acquisition

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
REVENGE FOR FORSPOKEN!!!!

View attachment 1249

Biggest AAA flop on Steam I have ever seen. Less than 3k concurrent users on launch day (Forspoken was 12,6k and we all know how they laughed). Keep in mind there was a Nvidia promo with thousands of people getting it free.

View attachment 1250

kim kardashian GIF
At least Square Enix had the balls to release a demo and not hide it from reviewers.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
To be fair the game wasn't out at that time so having high hopes for an Arkane game makes sense. This is their first major misstep as their games were always critical successes. I thought the whole idea of it was muck, but I love Prey and Dishonored so I would expect a great game. I'm annoyed that the studio was fucked over. I think that's why the game director lobbed the "we had to cancel the PS5 version day 1" grenade during the ABK acquisition
I like Arkane, but suggesting it was a GoTY contender with the footage that had already released at that time was utter nonsense.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Where is @adamsapple? He never logged anymor. :(

From what I saw, supposed to be banned until December, but the mods unbanned him early for some reason.

Probably just feels like he can't troll like he wants to without getting banned so he doesnt bother, lol.
AdamGPT took so many Ls he can't walk no more.

He came here to gloat, troll and fight. Massive backfire. We were right about everything every step of the way. It's all coming true.

God Of War Atreus GIF by Santa Monica Studio

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
REVENGE FOR FORSPOKEN!!!!

View attachment 1249

Biggest AAA flop on Steam I have ever seen. Less than 3k concurrent users on launch day (Forspoken was 12,6k and we all know how they laughed). Keep in mind there was a Nvidia promo with thousands of people getting it free.

View attachment 1250

kim kardashian GIF
What do you mean? By all metrics, Redfall was a success.

Players fired 150 000 000 bullets, stealth killed 5 000 000 blind and deaf enemies and witnessed 9 000 000 T-posing enemies.