Redfall | Review Thread

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm sure Arkane wanted to cancel this turd years ago but it was too late after the project was sold to MS during the acquisition.

At least they had something to show them when they fleeced them for 8 billions.

sarcastic laugh GIF
No chance they wanted it. They bought Bethesda 2 years ago, this game looks like alpha, if they wanted to can it, they could have done it.
This release all on them because they have the power to delay.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What more proof do you need? And you want Xbox to buy more studios to absolutely destroy?

This isn’t even one of those instances like Dead Island 2 were actual players love it.

Nah, man…. No one will even be playing this. This is their biggest flop since Halo. And Halo is one massively epic flop that’s arguably the biggest flop of all time.

Sell your Xboxes. This has to be one of the worst consoles ever made.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It really doesn't.
Starfield will be the Game of the Year 2023 and the Activsion-Blizzard deal will go through soon. Literally the biggest publisher of this industry, owned by Microsoft.
It will be a good year. One mediocre game, which was in development before MS acquired them, won't do much damage.
Sony had Destruction AllStars or 3rd party exclusives (funded by Sony) Forspoken. It happens sometimes.
But what do you call it when it happens all the time to different degrees for 4 years or so? (Since Gears 5, which was a masterpiece compared to what they are releasing in 2023).

I mean, other than a few updates to their racing games ... It has been dead for a while at Microsoft studios.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Even if it's a 10/10 game, it won't sell because it's free on xbox and pc gamepass. Why make a quality game that won't sell either way, when crap games are "good enough for gamepass"?
Big titles are supposed to bring in new gamepass registrations and console sales... But MS are about as good as the CDi was with the Nintendo IPs, but with their own IPs for some reason.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I hadn't play it, but I think HiFiRush has been pretty well received, critically speaking ? Sure, it probably hasn't been a great commercial hit, but, considering isn't really a AAA game, I think it has done somewhat fine ? Redfall seems to be far worse and a real dud, but I was under the impression that HiFi has been fine just not the revolutionary masterpiece that some XBox shills would have us believe it was...
HiFi flopped because it’s an Xbox game. Any Xbox game is going to flop because people don’t have an Xbox.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Last published games by some of the MS studios:

Arkane: Redfall 64
Ninja Theory: Bleeding Edge 66
Bethesda Game Studios: Fallout 76 53
MachineGames: Wolfenstein: Youngblood 63
Undead Labs: State of Decay 2 66
Compulsion Games: We Happy Few 66
Mojang: Minecraft Legends 68
ZeniMax Online Studios: The Elder Scrolls Online 71
The Initiative: never released a game

Most the well reviewed games BOMBED big time: Halo Infinity, Hi-fi Rush, Pentiment and Psychonauts 2.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
How is Microsoft buying studios and destroying them not a huge talking point in acquisition talks? It’s been going on for a decade now. That’s the best reason to stop MS IMO.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I hadn't play it, but I think HiFiRush has been pretty well received, critically speaking ? Sure, it probably hasn't been a great commercial hit, but, considering isn't really a AAA game, I think it has done somewhat fine ? Redfall seems to be far worse and a real dud, but I was under the impression that HiFi has been fine just not the revolutionary masterpiece that some XBox shills would have us believe it was...
OK here's my thing with that. Despite not being a AAA title, Hi-Fi Rush still hasn't made the money back they spent to make it.

I keep seeing this narrative that even though Hi-Fi rush was a financial flop too, that it doesn't matter since Microsoft is "no longer using sales as a metric". The problem with that is that streaming services live and die by one thing. Subscribers. New or returning subs, to be precise. And I'm going to be very blunt here, I don't see HFR driving that sub count up by any significant number.

People can spin it all they like, Phil and MS can spin it all they like, but the cracks are starting to show with their current model.