Redfall | Review Thread

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
They are making more revenue than ever with Xbox.
If with Activision-Blizzard and Call of Duty, they're literally going to dominate in the USA.
I like how you spout revenue. If only you took time to know what that means. It's something you'd learn on economy 101.

Revenue is not profit. You could rake in 100 billion in revenue and not make a cent in profit.

You do realize all those games coming to $1 gamepass aren't free for MS, right? They have to pay for development, server costs, marketing.

We have MS themselves claiming (and their internal documents corroborating this) that GP is NOT making them a cent. In fact, it's losing them money. Yet here you are, like a good little corporate slave and a zombie brainwashed by colt and his ilk, repeating "revenue".

Have some self respect and get informed. No need to look like an idiot for a major corporation.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
445.jpg

"No proof"
What? The site is called XboxEra. 😂

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
"No proof"
What? The site is called XboxEra. 😂

What more proof than you need than presenting the 8.5 score as solid evidence?

Even Spencer would cringe at that score. The man literally had like 20 minutes clocked in with 0 achievements.

8.5 is beyond disingenuous from any reviewer when it comes to RedFall. This also goes for DualShocker which shockingly gave it a 8.5 which honestly reads like parody.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The billions Microsoft spent on Bethesda is no way comparable to PlayStation All Stars. The performance of all Bethesda games on Xbox so far has been terrible.

Steam isn’t the best metric here since it’s on pc gamepass and I doubt many would throw away $70 on something being shit on so heavily. Well it seems about 6,000 players did lols. Before returns….

However I’m sure when it does start showing up on windows pc charts it’ll be very low anyway. And that’s not good when that population of windows game store users is trivial in size compared to steam.

This is a mega flop. To the point where the studio’s existence is in doubt. They def might be getting 343’d.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What's there to learn?
They bought a ton of studios, Minecraft and two publishers. Microsoft Gaming will be unstoppable. They will own some of the biggest gaming IPs of the whole industry. And they will have the most studios and devs.

Not at all. Microsoft's appeal (CAT) will do the job and the CMA will bend the knee. Florian Müller and even Michael Pachter mentioned it again yesterday.
They can't stop the deal with the nonsensical "buh but... cloud gaming" excuse.
It's happening.
Man you are out of reality 😂😂😂

Reactions: Rivet

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
What's there to learn?
They bought a ton of studios, Minecraft and two publishers. Microsoft Gaming will be unstoppable. They will own some of the biggest gaming IPs of the whole industry. And they will have the most studios and devs.
Constant failure and bad games being delivered.

IPs mean nothing if the games they ship aren't selling. Empty studios are useless too. After 5 years their studio buyout strategy has delivered redfall... and nothing else of note. This is pretty sad, these studios already had games in development a long time ago, yet nothing gets shipped, and when something does it's in such a bad state that you wonder who could have greenlit it in this state.

Anyway, enjoy the slide of xbox into obsolescence, you seem so sure of yourself that I think it will not affect how you perceive your sense of reality.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Just a quick reminder:

Let's hope this is not a bunch of CGI trailers again 😒.

If they have an open world game it must match Horizon FWBS in visual quality.

If they show some story 1P game it has to match the acting and looks of TLoU2 (last gen game, yay).

I don't have to make compromises on Sony games, give me a reason to get a second console.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
8.5 is beyond disingenuous from any reviewer when it comes to RedFall. This also goes for DualShocker which shockingly gave it a 8.5 which honestly reads like parody.
DualShockers turned into MS shills a few years after the PS4 release for some reason, they had a few strange opinion pieces that red like xbox press releases and eventually the whole content was infected. I think MS sponsors them or something, obviously I have no proof.

This is sad because they started as a Sony oriented site, but they just did good covering, nothing fanboyish (hence the name).

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Let's hope this is not a bunch of CGI trailers again 😒.

If they have an open world game it must match Horizon FWBS in visual quality.

If they show some story 1P game it has to match the acting and looks of TLoU2 (last gen game, yay).

I don't have to make compromises on Sony games, give me a reason to get a second console.

Xbox trailers come two fold
  • "in-engine real time" trailers running on monster PCs
  • "in-engine" trailers which are actually vertical slices

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Xbox trailers come two fold
  • "in-engine real time" trailers running on monster PCs
  • "in-engine" trailers which are actually vertical slices
Well, for the last couple of years they have released many mis-leading trailers.. be it running on monsters PCs or pre-rendered... this is mis-leading on what the final product will be.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
DualShockers turned into MS shills a few years after the PS4 release for some reason, they had a few strange opinion pieces that red like xbox press releases and eventually the whole content was infected. I think MS sponsors them or something, obviously I have no proof.

This is sad because they started as a Sony oriented site, but they just did good covering, nothing fanboyish (hence the name).
I think it started at the beginning of the gen when Sony went to Wired to announce the details for their new console instead of them. They were also mad at Sony for not giving them codes and free stuff.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster