Redfall | Review Thread

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The billions Microsoft spent on Bethesda is no way comparable to PlayStation All Stars. The performance of all Bethesda games on Xbox so far has been terrible.

Steam isn’t the best metric here since it’s on pc gamepass and I doubt many would throw away $70 on something being shit on so heavily. Well it seems about 6,000 players did lols. Before returns….

However I’m sure when it does start showing up on windows pc charts it’ll be very low anyway. And that’s not good when that population of windows game store users is trivial in size compared to steam.

This is a mega flop. To the point where the studio’s existence is in doubt. They def might be getting 343’d.
Those 6,000 are not even purchases, thousands of people got it free with a Nvidia promo.

The day after release and there's only 2,000 people playing worldwide on Steam. Definitely the biggest AAA flop ever.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Constant failure and bad games being delivered.

IPs mean nothing if the games they ship aren't selling. Empty studios are useless too. After 5 years their studio buyout strategy has delivered redfall... and nothing else of note. This is pretty sad, these studios already had games in development a long time ago, yet nothing gets shipped, and when something does it's in such a bad state that you wonder who could have greenlit it in this state.

Anyway, enjoy the slide of xbox into obsolescence, you seem so sure of yourself that I think it will not affect how you perceive your sense of reality.
This is nonsense.
Hi-Fi Rush is the hightest rated game in 2023 if you exclude a remake (RE4 Remake). It's better than whatever Sony released this year.
Meanwhile all Sony had this year was a boring baseball game, DLC for a 2022 game and some terrible VR flops.
Starfield is coming, which will be the Game of the Year 2023, the next Forza is coming and Hellblade 2 is coming.
Meanwhile Sony has.... Spider-Man 2 and nothing else. A gaming IP they don't own, because Insomniac can't create their own successful IPs anymore. So it's Marvel, Marvel and Marvel.
Another dry year for PlayStation GaaS Studios.
I like how you spout revenue. If only you took time to know what that means. It's something you'd learn on economy 101.

Revenue is not profit. You could rake in 100 billion in revenue and not make a cent in profit.

You do realize all those games coming to $1 gamepass aren't free for MS, right? They have to pay for development, server costs, marketing.
I know. Just look at Sony's FY Earnings report. A lot of revenue and not much profit.
And COD/ABK is over.
Not at all.
Microsoft is going to appeal. The CMA will bend the knee. The CAT won't let this terrible nonsensical decision stand.
Revenue isn't profit.
I know. And Sony knows:
7K2LfDm.png

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
This is nonsense.
Hi-Fi Rush is the hightest rated game in 2023 if you exclude a remake (RE4 Remake). It's better than whatever Sony released this year.
Meanwhile all Sony had this year was a boring baseball game, DLC for a 2022 game and some terrible VR flops.
Starfield is coming, which will be the Game of the Year 2023, the next Forza is coming and Hellblade 2 is coming.
Meanwhile Sony has.... Spider-Man 2 and nothing else. A gaming IP they don't own, because Insomniac can't create their own successful IPs anymore. So it's Marvel, Marvel and Marvel.

I know. Just look at Sony's FY Earnings report. A lot of revenue and not much profit.

Not at all.
Microsoft is going to appeal. The CMA will bend the knee. The CAT won't let this terrible nonsensical decision stand.

I know. And Sony knows:
Yeah, back to ignore you go. You live too much in the Xbox alternate universe. Bye bye.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
DualShockers turned into MS shills a few years after the PS4 release for some reason, they had a few strange opinion pieces that red like xbox press releases and eventually the whole content was infected. I think MS sponsors them or something, obviously I have no proof.

This is sad because they started as a Sony oriented site, but they just did good covering, nothing fanboyish (hence the name).
DualShockers seemingly jokingly tried to accuse Sony of deliberately making the PC port of TLOU I bad in order to drive sales of the console version, then tried to turn that into "see how ridiculous your logic about Xbox and CoD is?" all while ignoring that Microsoft has indeed actually made a product deliberately incompatible or inferior when used by competitors.

The AARD Code says hi. lol

But yeah, that site is blatantly pro-Xbox now.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Low profit is typycal in game companies.
But don't let people fool you guys... Sony half profit this quarter was due expensives with aquisitions and R&D investiment with new live service games.
Sony have good profit margins with gaming around 10 to 15%.

The same can't be said about MS that probably have loses instead profit.

D

Deleted member 417

This is nonsense.
It's May. Sony haven't released a game yet and you just admitted that Hi-Fi is the highest game if you move goalposts to make it fit your agenda.
When is Forza coming? When is Hellblade (a game first shown in 2019) coming?
Sony have only announced Spiderman and, if you wanted to look at facts, which you don't, you will see that Sony has announced more games than just Spiderman, they just don't shout it from the rooftops like Microsoft do.
The VR flops you refer to are ports of critically acclaimed games.

I know. And Sony knows:
7K2LfDm.png
And yet, more profit than Xbox

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Low profit is typycal in game companies.
But don't let people fool you guys... Sony half profit this quarter was due expensives with aquisitions and R&D investiment with new live service games.
Sony have good profit margins with gaming around 10 to 15%.

The same can't be said about MS that probably have loses instead profit.
Correct. Xbox has lost money every quarter of its existence except for 2, in 20 years of existence.

Every 3 months, MS accountants have to put on their hazmat suits and wade through the toxic sludge that is Xbox's P&L, and every 3 months they report back to Ballmer, now Nadella, that Xbox is losing BILLIONS.

It's gross incompetence at this stage to let it continue. #shutdownxbox

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Damn...and I am a huge Steve McQueen fan (the real one)... I knew if someone would use his persona on forums, they would be a PS gamer.

Moderation is shockingly biased over at Resetera atm.
People with class and style dont shill for ms

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This is nonsense.

Not at all.

I know. And Sony knows:
7K2LfDm.png
Xbox is a failing brand

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is nonsense.

Not at all.

I know. And Sony knows:
7K2LfDm.png

This shit is like having a special needs papaya in the forum. I love it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
That Skill Up review was devastating. And he actually plays these kinds of games so I take that as accurate for the most part.

Edit : Paul tassi quit on it real quick. He also plays a lot of these. Here’s his take

Last edited: