Redfall | Review Thread

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That Skill Up review was devastating. And he actually plays these kinds of games so I take that as accurate for the most part.

Edit : Paul tassi quit on it real quick. He also plays a lot of these. Here’s his take

Man I hope none of the live service games Sony decided to pick up end up this bad.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Man I hope none of the live service games Sony decided to pick up end up this bad.
I'm pretty nervous about any game where GAAS is a foundational design decision. Many of the GAAS success stories evolved into it. Kinda like the e-sports craze a few years back, games designed to be GAAS are some of the biggest failures. Even Destiny had a rough start. Outright flops like Avengers can kill a studio.

Reactions: AshHunter216

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm pretty nervous about any game where GAAS is a foundational design decision. Many of the GAAS success stories evolved into it. Kinda like the e-sports craze a few years back, games designed to be GAAS are some of the biggest failures. Even Destiny had a rough start. Outright flops like Avengers can kill a studio.
I think factions 2 is the only one that has a chance of being good so far, as that one started out as a sequel to TLOU multiplayer mode and evolved from there.
It also has a lot of effort being put into it by one of Sony's best studios. These live service startups and their games Sony bought have me more worried.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I think factions 2 is the only one that has a chance of being good so far, as that one started out as a sequel to TLOU multiplayer mode and evolved from there.
It also has a lot of effort being put into it by one of Sony's best studios. These live service startups and their games Sony bought have me more worried.

Yeah Factions was so good, I don't think they can screw it up. But whatever happened to just "multiplayer"? Killzone2 wasn't a 'service game', but it had spectacular online modes.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yeah Factions was so good, I don't think they can screw it up. But whatever happened to just "multiplayer"? Killzone2 wasn't a 'service game', but it had spectacular online modes.
Sony Bend's next game is rumored to have a single player and multiplayer mode at least.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I can't believe this is scoring the same as Forspoken. I am so triggered...
Forspoken is FULLY finished and fully featured real game. Redfall is anything but a finished game
Forspoken story and characters might be debatable and target of memes but gameplay is gold in forspoken. Movement and combat are very good, in-depth and you upgrade powers the whole game.
The combat is actually very fun and challenging.

The fact that Real, finished, ambitious game gets scored the same as this fucking beta version of a trash game is maddening. fucking industry man.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I am not worried about TLOU Factions/Online at all whatsoever. I’m not even a fan of their games in the slightest but there’s no way it’s shipping half baked. I’d bet on it.

Expectations are not high enough for that game tbh.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Shill Tassi made a video and it's the worst game he ever played.

I didn't know that Xbox shill also made videos but keep them coming 🤣

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Wow so this could be heading towards the high 50s.

Currently sitting at 42 reviews on metacritic for the xbox version, with more to come in. IGN still left aswell and their review scores on meta is supposed to have a higher weight.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023