Redfall Single Player Locked behind Mandatory Online Connection

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It must be always online. Avengers was broken the day it launched with modified saves. People tried to defend that but they were also morons…. Something about them buying the right to cheat and similar nonsense etc…

Redfall is an online game. “Single-player” is online. That just means you’re choosing to play alone. It’s a multiplayer game.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It must be always online. Avengers was broken the day it launched with modified saves. People tried to defend that but they were also morons…. Something about them buying the right to cheat and similar nonsense etc…

Redfall is an online game. “Single-player” is online. That just means you’re choosing to play alone. It’s a multiplayer game.
Bu..bu.bu.buttt they said it was single-player....

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

Any single player game that has multi-player campaign, is not a single player game first. It's a multiplayer game with the option of dropping out to a solo playthrough. Chances are it will be a terrible, lonely grind in single player

P

peter42O

As long as I don't need Gold, this is a non-issue for me just like it was with Division 1 & 2, For Honor and Outriders. Annoying and inconvenient but nowhere close to making me not want to play the game. Still day one on Game Pass baby!!! Three months to go!!! 😂

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Seems more like division or borderlands. Maybe if there’s social spaces you’ll see other players. Most likely co-op will be paywalled by XBL.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Easy on the name calling, There is no need.
Not sure why people are upset about this. The year is 2023, if you don't have a stable internet or there is a time when your not always connected to the web then you must be living in a different timeline

Destiny 2 is exact same way, single player or not. And it doesn’t hurt the game in any shape or form and is one of the best FPS out there.

Your life won't change in any way. Lol.

You better get used to this because Sony is about release 10 or so GAAS titles by 2025 and I am pretty positive whether you want to play solo or not those will games will require 100% internet connection uptime. And that is completely fine.

Not having internet these days makes basically everything unusable anyways in 1 way or another. Are you able to use Steam with no internet, Origin, or Epic Game store? No. Are you able to play multiplayer with no internet? No. When you need to download system firmware for PS5 or Xbkx can you do it offline?

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Not having internet these days makes basically everything unusable anyways in 1 way or another. Are you able to use Steam with no internet, Origin, or Epic Game store? No. Are you able to play multiplayer with no internet? No. When you need to download system firmware for PS5 or Xbkx can you do it offline? No.

I am able to play my games on steam, origin, and Epic, without any internet access, as long as I have them installed. I would expect any single-player game or portion of a game to follow those rules: If it's installed, you can play them.

"Comment Removed"

Reported

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 417

Not sure why people are upset about this. The year is 2023, if you don't have a stable internet or there is a time when your not always connected to the web then you must be living in a different timeline

Destiny 2 is exact same way, single player or not. And it doesn’t hurt the game in any shape or form and is one of the best FPS out there.

Your life won't change in any way. Lol.

You better get used to this because Sony is about release 10 or so GAAS titles by 2025 and I am pretty positive whether you want to play solo or not those will games will require 100% internet connection uptime. And that is completely fine.

Not having internet these days makes basically everything unusable anyways in 1 way or another. Are you able to use Steam with no internet, Origin, or Epic Game store? No. Are you able to play multiplayer with no internet? No. When you need to download system firmware for PS5 or Xbkx can you do it offline? No.

Shut the fuck up and stop crying over something silly like that. Go hit the gym or something and improve your life or start making more money instead instead of complaining over the dumbest shit possible. Ya'll are clowns.
Adam Orth is that you?

I know it's rare nowadays, but there are people with morals and principles that, regardless of their impact on the greater good, refuse to take part in something they see as wrong.

I have 350mb internet, it never goes offline. I hit the gym daily and own my own business. I could buy 1000's of GAAS games, spend 50% of my income on MTX and Lootboxes and have 2FA on every website and app that requires it. My principles are that I won't support MTX or Lootboxes, use 2Fa or play a single player game that is always online.

You also assume that being online and having access to the internet is a must have, it isnt. Not everyone wants to or enjoys being connected 24/7.

As for Sony or Steam or Microsoft, it doesn't matter what they release. If it's a single player game where i need to be online, I won't play it. If it requires purchasing MTx to have a fair chance, I won't purchase them.

Maybe, perhaps, it is you that should hit the gym, shut the fuck up and stop crying, because your little hissy-fit rant has made you sound like a clown.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Adam Orth is that you?

I know it's rare nowadays, but there are people with morals and principles that, regardless of their impact on the greater good, refuse to take part in something they see as wrong.

I have 350mb internet, it never goes offline. I hit the gym daily and own my own business. I could buy 1000's of GAAS games, spend 50% of my income on MTX and Lootboxes and have 2FA on every website and app that requires it. My principles are that I won't support MTX or Lootboxes, use 2Fa or play a single player game that is always online.

You also assume that being online and having access to the internet is a must have, it isnt. Not everyone wants to or enjoys being connected 24/7.

As for Sony or Steam or Microsoft, it doesn't matter what they release. If it's a single player game where i need to be online, I won't play it. If it requires purchasing MTx to have a fair chance, I won't purchase them.

Maybe, perhaps, it is you that should hit the gym, shut the fuck up and stop crying, because your little hissy-fit rant has made you sound like a clown.
Sounds like you won't be touching any of the Sony GAAS titles. Imagine missing out because of "muh principles"

And I do hit the gym, 4 times a week. And I make money from home. Lol. And I wasn't even directing my comment to you. I was directing it other individuals here who are throwing a tantrum.

D

Deleted member 417

Sounds like you won't be touching any of the Sony GAAS titles. Imagine missing out because of "muh principles"
I won't be, my principles matter more to me, and through them I have achieved more, than a throwaway experience that will be forgotten in a few weeks time. Materials are fleeting, principles make a man.

The philosopher Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king. Said Aristippus, "If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils."

Diogenes replied, "Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king."

But diogenese, muh principles.

And I do hit the gym, 4 times a week. And I make money from home. Lol. And I wasn't even directing my comment to you. I was directing it other individuals here who are throwing a tantrum.
No one here is throwing a tantrum, and if they were, I agree with them. There is no need, rhyme or reason why a single player game requires to be connected to the internet in order for it to work. Worst still, very few people can explain rationally why those games need that connection, instead they lash out in emotionally charged rants.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
I won't be, my principles matter more to me, and through them I have achieved more, than a throwaway experience that will be forgotten in a few weeks time. Materials are fleeting, principles make a man.

But diogenese, muh principles.

No one here is throwing a tantrum, and if they were, I agree with them. There is no need, rhyme or reason why a single player game requires to be connected to the internet in order for it to work. Worst still, very few people can explain rationally why those games need that connection, instead they lash out in emotionally charged rants.
Redfall is a multiplayer game first and foremost and was pretty much advertised as such. Single Player/Solo is an option that the game provides just like Destiny 2. I do not see others being upset over Destiny 2 being online only. Why is it an issue when a Microsoft game does it?? Or any other game for that matter? lol I am pretty sure Halo Infinite is playable offline campaign wise, but Redfall is a different breed of a game, it's not really designed for solo play and I think that was obvious enough from day 1, but apparently not for some folks.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Redfall is a multiplayer game first and foremost and was pretty much advertised as such. Single Player/Solo is an option that the game provides just like Destiny 2. I do not see others being upset over Destiny 2 being online only. Why is it an issue when a Microsoft game does it?? Or any other game for that matter? lol I am pretty sure Halo Infinite is playable offline campaign wise, but Redfall is a different breed of a game, it's not really designed for solo play and I think that was obvious enough from day 1, but apparently not for some folks.

24 Jun 2022
Absolutely disgusting. It's something that completely took my enjoyment out of GT7 (not being to play single player when the servers were down) and bar a few menus I've completed, haven't touched the game since. Can't wait to see what the astroturfing manual has on this.

At least in GT7's case I can kind of understand. They don't want people modding the car stats and then using them in online competitions to cheat and f-up the leaderboards. Because Sony/Polyphony want that F1 sponsorship and simply cannot have cheaters getting in whatsoever (probably one of the reasons the game won't be going to PC for a long time; look at what happened to Forza Horizon 5).

But the weird part with RedFall is, it's not even a competitive shooter from what's been told. It's 4-player co-op, and then you can play it solo. There's no e-Sports league tied to the game, again at least to my understanding. So why does it need to be connected online for single-player when there's no e-Sports style competitive community involved?

It doesn't seem to add up but, maybe there's something to all of this I'm missing, to be fair.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Redfall is sandwiched between the new Starwars game (Got delayed yesterday to April 28th) and Zelda (May 12th). With its poor showing and now this, i think its safe to say redfall will probably underperform. IMO.

Reactions: toadsage44

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Redfall is sandwiched between the new Starwars game (Got delayed yesterday to April 28th) and Zelda (May 12th). With its poor showing and now this, i think its safe to say redfall will probably underperform. IMO.

There is very little overlap in the Zelda crowd and Redfall crowd, they don't play anything like each other at all to warrant people's singular attention.

D

Deleted member 417

Redfall is a multiplayer game first and foremost and was pretty much advertised as such. Single Player/Solo is an option that the game provides just like Destiny 2.
Redfall was called and marketed as a single player game with a multi player option. Destiny 2 is a different breed of game.

I do not see others being upset over Destiny 2 being online only. Why is it an issue when a Microsoft game does it?? Or any other game for that matter? lol I am pretty sure Halo Infinite is playable offline campaign wise, but Redfall is a different breed of a game, it's not really designed for solo play and I think that was obvious enough from day 1, but apparently not for some folks.
You seem to have a big problem with what other people say and a bit of a victim complex when it comes to Microsoft. If you read "some folks" posts, you'll see that the vast majority also slag off Steam and Sony when they employ equally shitty practices. I'm not sure what Halo has to do with Redfall?

We were discussing, just the other day, how Redfall would be playable in single player mode without issue. Now you're saying it's not designed for solo play?

Reactions: toadsage44