Resetera censoring negative Microsoft acquisition news & banning posters

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
It's a shame era is so insane, they have the most active community of fighting game players of the existing videogame forums

Reactions: Edmund

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That place is truly pathetic. If I remember correctly they banned all discussion about Hogwarts Legacy :censored:
don't pretend that you are playing games.. we see you :D
Watch Dogs GIF by Ubisoft Canada

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Alot of the FGC are just crazy people though

True but there is still a large section of the community that is normal (I enjoy the r/kappachino crowd).

It's mindblowing to me that the SRK forums were just nuked and there has never been a suitable replacement, everyone moved into fragmented discord servers.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I wish people learned that liberal virtue signalers right wingers (democrats on the US) are not left wingers.
I wish people knew that political alignment is not necessarily a judgment of character and people that lean to the same side as you can still be vile.

"It's impossible for them to be on my side because they are wrong and my side is always right by definition" is a terrible mentality to have.

Obviously the identity politics push is not coming from moderates or conservative, it's absurd to try to pretend otherwise.

Acquiescence

2 Oct 2022
Aye, I'm in a couple of Discord servers full of members and ex-members of ResetEra, and we were all commenting on this yesterday. The mods weren't even being subtle. All those threads that contained news which reflected really badly on Microsoft got locked, with Judge redirecting everyone to the ABK megathread. Problem is, that thread is full of MS cheerleaders that dogpile any dissenting voice. Or you get thread-banned.

The site has really gone down the shitter in the past couple of years. It was never particularly great, but at least it was tolerable in its formative years. But now it is utterly fucking dreadful. And of course, it's going to be when you've got the likes of Judge and ghostcrew calling the shots.

Reactions: Craziest_Steve_yet

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The site has really gone down the shitter in the past couple of years. It was never particularly great, but at least it was tolerable in its formative years.
It was never tolerable, it was always an authoritarian place with everyone walking on eggshells (same as Neogaf but somehow even worst).

A board like this one where mods are generally very restrained is a miracle.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Aye, I'm in a couple of Discord servers full of members and ex-members of ResetEra, and we were all commenting on this yesterday. The mods weren't even being subtle. All those threads that contained news which reflected really badly on Microsoft got locked, with Judge redirecting everyone to the ABK megathread. Problem is, that thread is full of MS cheerleaders that dogpile any dissenting voice. Or you get thread-banned.

The site has really gone down the shitter in the past couple of years. It was never particularly great, but at least it was tolerable in its formative years. But now it is utterly fucking dreadful. And of course, it's going to be when you've got the likes of Judge and ghostcrew calling the shots.
The vibe towards Playstation on that forum also seemed to be fairly negative and ranged from sarcastic disdain to outright hostility.