Resetera censoring negative Microsoft acquisition news & banning posters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nah they get laughed out of town there, same as here. There are no Xbox-sponsored mods to protect them.

There was a period where GAF was very much Xbox leaning. I remember being temp banned because I literally reported on what a youtuber with early access to the console said. The reason was that I lied, when I quoted what the guy said and shared the video 😂

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
There was a period where GAF was very much Xbox leaning. I remember being temp banned because I literally reported on what a youtuber with early access to the console said. The reason was that I lied, when I quoted what the guy said and shared the video 😂
That wasnt too long ago. I got banned for posting in a flight sim thread about the graphics and i wasnt even being offensive. There are alot there too..

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
At least people are noticing. But Xbox astroturfers are everywhere.
I think that this the same dynamic as in a cult, when people leave it (because let's say the date for the end of the world keeps being delayed)... the remaining members become more and more extreme in their believes and trust of the cult leader.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
At least people are noticing. But Xbox astroturfers are everywhere.

They certainly are.... if you go into the Sacred Symbols / Last Stand Media Discord, they have PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo areas for discussion..... they have other chats for each show also...

BUT... guess what! The Sacred Symbols / PlayStation chats are constantly trolled by Xbox users, PlayStation exclusives are shit on and called cookie cutter, these guys are subscribing at the highest tier too and so are less likely to get banned. There is a guy there called Johnnywaffles and he just constantly trolls the PS area and never gets reprimanded.

It's fucked.

• Informative
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
D

Deleted member 223

They certainly are.... if you go into the Sacred Symbols / Last Stand Media Discord, they have PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo areas for discussion..... they have other chats for each show also...

BUT... guess what! The Sacred Symbols / PlayStation chats are constantly trolled by Xbox users, PlayStation exclusives are shit on and called cookie cutter, these guys are subscribing at the highest tier too and so are less likely to get banned. There is a guy there called Johnnywaffles and he just constantly trolls the PS area and never gets reprimanded.

It's fucked.
That's why, of many reasons, you build your own space.

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
According to Pelta, there are discussions of going back to GAF because the Xbox shilling on ERA is unbearable. GAF isn't much better tho 🤷

View attachment 1736

GAF is a good place to be. I'm a regular there and u see the Xbox fanboys getting laughed off and banned over there. 2-3 of them just got banned yesterday for their persecution complex.

The only time I got banned was when I posted my Neogaf Xbox Fanboy tier list.

Anyone wanna do a Resetera fanboy tier list? Lol

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
GAF is a good place to be. I'm a regular there and u see the Xbox fanboys getting laughed off and banned over there. 2-3 of them just got banned yesterday for their persecution complex.

The only time I got banned was when I posted my Neogaf Xbox Fanboy tier list.

Anyone wanna do a Resetera fanboy tier list? Lol
Adamsapple is still queen there. Ozriel, Darkmage, Riky, Hendricks, Dench, Bumble and countless more should have been permed long ago.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Have to say I disagree re: GAF mods - they’ve been all over the MS alts that have been appearing recently.
I do think certain posters get special treatment. Even though the worst offenders do get banned a lot of other people get permed for far less egregious console warring. That said the remaining xbox shills are so dumb that leaving them unbanned just makes microsoft look bad when they eat crow on their bullshit almost every other day

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Never been on reserera I was a user on eurogamer but got banned when they posted an article about activision removing a streamers bundle & I commented 'sexual harassment is fine at Activision but god forbid you mention safegaurding children' no idea what rule I broke there but I'm not missing much anyway lol

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Never been on reserera I was a user on eurogamer but got banned when they posted an article about activision removing a streamers bundle & I commented 'sexual harassment is fine at Activision but god forbid you mention safegaurding children' no idea what rule I broke there but I'm not missing much anyway lol
The rule you broke is that you were hurting their contractual obligations to shill for industry sponsors

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I do think certain posters get special treatment. Even though the worst offenders do get banned a lot of other people get permed for far less egregious console warring. That said the remaining xbox shills are so dumb that leaving them unbanned just makes microsoft look bad when they eat crow on their bullshit almost every other day
Yes, they do. DeepEnigma and topher never getting banned is weird af.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
LOL There's an obvious reason for that.
There were more than a handful of ppl there that would never get banned. Catwoman wtf was her name was another and bird ass Mister. They might have gotten banned later on (idk) but boy thy got away with murder.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There were more than a handful of ppl there that would never get banned. Catwoman wtf was her name was another and bird ass Mister. They might have gotten banned later on (idk) but boy thy got away with murder.

Well I know why Deep isn't ever banned. The rest of them... might just have good connections.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Catlady was banned once. She probably deserved more bans but she lays low whenever the heat is on

Reactions: Gamernyc78