Resident Evil 4 Remake | Xbox Series S/X - PS5 - PC | Graphics Comparison | Chainsaw Demo

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I would like to see a number instead of "all the time."

Also, I would like a number for "laggy controls."

Neither of those statements mean anything without data.

Not sure about the laggy controls? I dont think I noticed anything

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I can’t say I noticed either laggy controls on xbox or significant drops on the PS5. I don’t have the tools to take measurements though.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I would like to see a number instead of "all the time."

Also, I would like a number for "laggy controls."

Neither of those statements mean anything without data.
They will probably release a video.

But the ps5 dropping below 48 all the time doesn't pass the smell test given what we have seen before. All the better for Xbox if the VRR on their console makes lower frame rate more tolerable, you take the victories you can.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"all the time"

I just fired up the demo and the VRR on LG shows most of time closer to 60fps than below 48fps 🤷‍♂️
Hyperbole?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They will probably release a video.

But the ps5 dropping below 48 all the time doesn't pass the smell test given what we have seen before. All the better for Xbox if the VRR on their console makes lower frame rate more tolerable, you take the victories you can.
VRR implementation on PS5 follow the standard specs that defines mininum 48fps to VRR works... it is what HDMI says and what most TVs follow.
MS uses their ow custom VRR implementation that has a mininum of 40fps plus the TV or monitor needs to support that custom range too (most high-end TVs supports lower mininums).

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Alex seems to thing both console are using Checkboard.
I can agree with that because the image is really a bit blur in both and seems to have the CBR artifacts.

FrDz5ccXgAgy_We