Resident Evil 4 Remake | Xbox Series S/X - PS5 - PC | Graphics Comparison | Chainsaw Demo

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Game runs fine for me on all modes and I haven’t seen any judder, maybe it’s your screen.

I dunno, I've seen a bunch of other users say the same that the VRR on PS5 doesn't seem to work.

The Frame Rate mode is fine, it's the resolution mode (especially with RT) which naturally stresses the game more.

If it's indeed a case where it's not working on certain displays, then this is the first game on PS5 where this has happened to me. It works fine elsewhere.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I dunno, I've seen a bunch of other users say the same that the VRR on PS5 doesn't seem to work.

The Frame Rate mode is fine, it's the resolution mode (especially with RT) which naturally stresses the game more.

If it's indeed a case where it's not working on certain displays, then this is the first game on PS5 where this has happened to me. It works fine elsewhere.
MS not paying you enough for your shitty forum presence to afford a decent TV?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
MS not paying you enough for your shitty forum presence to afford a decent TV?

Girls Love GIF by E!

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
There’s a simple solution to all those options triggering you.

Ignore them.
That's not how it works.
Why is it on the player to discover that only performance, no rt, no strand hair ... is the only 60fps mode that doesnt deep below 48fps vrr targer?
The game looks low res and only 1 mode is semi stable... it's not a good console port so far

Reactions: ethomaz

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

VRR works. I see it working on my c1.
But the problem is, the game drops below 48fps vrr trigger on every mode and setting besides bare performance with everything turned off

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
VRR works. I see it working on my c1.
But the problem is, the game drops below 48fps vrr trigger on every mode and setting besides bare performance with everything turned off

Performance + RT on and Strand hair Off has been pretty good in my opinion on both platforms. I haven't seen any notable moments where it feels like VRR is not working with that setup. But on Xbox, Resolution mode with VRR is pretty viable unless in heavy combat. Comparatively on PS5, with resolution mode, the judder is notable just from the very start of the demo.

A bit disappointed that it's not managing to stay above 48hz for a cross-gen game in Resolution mode.

Reactions: Lord Mittens

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Performance + RT on and Strand hair Off has been pretty good in my opinion on both platforms. I haven't seen any notable moments where it feels like VRR is not working with that setup. But on Xbox, Resolution mode with VRR is pretty viable unless in heavy combat. Comparatively on PS5, with resolution mode, the judder is notable just from the very start of the demo.

A bit disappointed that it's not managing to stay above 48hz for a cross-gen game in Resolution mode.
exactly. should be easy for cross gen game to keep up 48+ fps in any mode really... Or at least they should offer 40fps locked mode with everything maxed out...

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
exactly. should be easy for cross gen game to keep up 48+ fps in any mode really... Or at least they should offer 40fps locked mode with everything maxed out...

For what it's worth, the difference between Resolution and Frame rate is minimal so I can see FR + RT being a great way to play.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I rewatched RE2 and RE3 performance vid from DF, should expect similar results when the full games out

The demo is absolutely fantastic. Can't wait for the release date.

Just once in my lifetime, I would like to be in the areas where all these leaked copes come out weeks ago.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There’s a simple solution to all those options triggering you.

Ignore them.
How do you ignore a message question when start the game? You need to choose one option or it will never enter in the game.

And I already explained why it is issue for most gamers.

Plus how the gamers will know which mode is better?

Reactions: Ezekiel

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
How do you ignore a message question when start the game? You need to choose one option or it will never enter in the game.

None of the options are hidden, they're all in the menu. Resolution / Frame Rate should be subjective but yes the messaging should be clearer that they both try to aim for 60 FPS.

The hair image has an on/off comparison image to the right so you should be able to see exactly how it changes something. Same for the RT On/Off, there is an accompanying image that should show you what changes.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

If you're on PS5, flip a coin, both modes are so close as to be identical.

If you’re not on PS5, stop crying about having options and just flip a coin for all of them. Put on your big boy pants.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
If you're on PS5, flip a coin, both modes are so close as to be identical.

If you’re not on PS5, stop crying about having options and just flip a coin for all of them. Put on your big boy pants.
Why are you excusing shit modes.
I don’t want to flip the coin

Reactions: Ezekiel

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So the demo asks you to pick between Resolution and Performance, doesn't offer any explanation on what they aim to do.

Both target 60fps
There's hidden graphical options in the menu for hair and RT.

That's dumb

Devs should just stick to 30fps and 60fps modes (and VRR option if 120hz TV) and figure out the best graphical options for their game. Stop fucking around with added toggles in the menu for console games, we would get a PC if we wanted to spend time in a menu instead of actually playing the game.
No, stick to 60, at this point the consoles can do it very well and 30 feels broken after a while.