Reuters] Sony facing $7.9 bln mass lawsuit over PlayStation Store prices

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Peterovo just wrote a tweet about it

"The class action lawsuit against PlayStation is proceeding in the UK and Non UK residents can also opt in.

Sony could be forced to pay PlayStation players $7.9 billion for their crimes.

The CMA is supporting the lawsuit."

All us playstation players could be getting $7.9 billion each 🍾🥳 , also 'for their crimes' lol didn't know he was a judge & jury

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

"The class action lawsuit against PlayStation is proceeding in the UK and Non UK residents can also opt in.

All us playstation players could be getting $7.9 billion each 🍾🥳 , also 'for their crimes' lol didn't know he was a judge & jury
Can sony just settle or re issue Game cards or whatever is they are complaining about?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Can sony just settle or re issue Game cards or whatever is they are complaining about?
Any settlement reached between Alex Neill and Sony must be approved by the Competition Appeal Tribunal (see What is the Competition Appeal Tribunal?) and must be just and reasonable.

If Alex settles the claim in exchange for a sum of money from Sony, that sum of money will be distributed to Class Members as directed by the Competition Appeal Tribunal and there will be more information made available about that process at the relevant time.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

1. I though PeterOvo said he was retiring from being an Xbot after MS started porting their games to PlayStation.

2. It's a class action lawsuit, even if they do win each person would get maybe a couple of cents, not 7.9 bln a person, lmao.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

So does he have anything to back up his claim about non-UK residents being able to join in, because that doesn't sound normal to me, a person entirely unfamiliar with current UK consumer protection laws.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
1. I though PeterOvo said he was retiring from being an Xbot after MS started porting their games to PlayStation.

2. It's a class action lawsuit, even if they do win each person would get maybe a couple of cents, not 7.9 bln a person, lmao.
Yeah I know I was being sarcastic, obviously it's the lawyers & whoever is funding this crap that would really benefit if they won anything

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
So does he have anything to back up his claim about non-UK residents being able to join in, because that doesn't sound normal to me, a person entirely unfamiliar with current UK consumer protection laws.
Click on one of the links in my comment & it'll take you to the page that explains it all

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Click on one of the links in my comment & it'll take you to the page that explains it all
Your comment has no links and Twitter has viewing turned off for non-members (or banned members like me) anyway.

Edit: Oh, I see a different comment.
Edit 2: I read your link and it says its limited to UK residents only. You could have just said that he's wrong.