Rumor/Assumptions, Firesprite-Sony first party studio is collapsing.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
View attachment 2944

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
That would explain why he thought there was not enough Sony criticism. As if people here are shy about shitting on Sony's every move 🙄

If you don't pay attention you would think it's a Xbox palace.

Reactions: Diah

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Who was that guy, again? I remember the name vaguely but not what he posted.
He would just pop into threads cheerleading the abk acquisiton and concern trolling.

His posts seemed so blunt and to the point, like a robot lol.

Reactions: Diah

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
And we had plenty of posts about everything on your list. Tons and tons of them. 99% negative. It was a real murder after the showcase. I also can't find any fan celebrating the GAAS push. PC ports. My god. Account suicide aplenty. Jim Ryan. The guy is suffocating underneath all the shit the fans pile on him everyday. Sony better hire private security for Hermen too. The price hike. Just try to make a positive PS+ thread and see the replies LOL

It's funny how posters like @AshHunter216 had to take a break from the forum because it was too much and other posters think the criticism is too quiet.

Yeah that confirms to me you didn't read anything here. We talked about all that freely for months. Sure it wasn't 100% unanimous but it's not fantasy land.
Yeah, this forum has a problem with people having constant meltdowns and posting every doomsday tweet and rumor they see. There's also the added problem of the extreme hostility they have towards anyone that doesn't share all of the doom and gloom opinions and dismissing any evidence / arguments to the contrary.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Wow a whole one game from their 2024 release schedule that they obviously haven't shown off everything for yet. They have a new console releasing in 2024...did you take time to think that maybe, just maybe, they are saving announcements for other 2024 releases until the new Switch nears time for its reveal & release?

C'mon, dude.
no you cmon. several of their 2023 games (ex: Wonder, Pikachu Returns, Pikmin 4, WarioWare) would be budget games on PS3. Nintendo started consciously slacking with the DS. At the time they cited the "blue ocean strategy" to explain the change. By now, they've allowed themselves to slide to the point where indie teams are turning out more technically modern productions. Nintendo fans would die for a Zelda that matched God of War Ragnarok's production, but it will be a decade or more before that happens.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Posters acting like we're in the tail-end of "Games as a Service": we're barely getting started.
Yup. We also have to remember that the GaaS they have in the market right now are Gran Turismo 7, MLB, Destiny 2 (all of them a big success) and Firewall Ultra (something niche being for VR, I assume wasn't a big hit but that also they didn't have big expectations for it).

I listen to Greg Miller on Kinda Funny eye-roll about "ANOTHER EXTRACTION SHOOTER"... but this whole genre is practically in early access. The biggest one is Escape from Tarkov which is in perpetual beta.
As I remember Escape from Tarkov is not available in console. In fact, is there any exctraction shooter available on console? As I remembber the most similar thing is one of the game modes of The Division, but isn't the main focus of the game.

It's not an option to just make single player games forever. Playstation studios would risk brain-drain as Nintendo have done. Not to mention losing out on huge profits.
Yup.

• Heart
Reactions: flaccidsnake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Yup. We also have to remember that the GaaS they have in the market right now are Gran Turismo 7, MLB, Destiny 2 (all of them a big success) and Firewall Ultra (something niche being for VR, I assume wasn't a big hit but that also they didn't have big expectations for it).

As I remember Escape from Tarkov is not available in console. In fact, is there any exctraction shooter available on console? As I remembber the most similar thing is one of the game modes of The Division, but isn't the main focus of the game.

Yup.

Rainbox Six Extraction is the only one I know about, and it didn't succeed on quality. For most fps players, I'd argue 'extraction shooter' is still an idea waiting to be realized. The Dark Zone in Division and DMZ in CoD exposed the idea, and other games are still fumbling to fully flesh it out.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I love the brain dead take that Sony can't miss the GaaS / Live Service bullshit because they'll lose on big money.

Yey the most profitable of the three big ones is Nintendo, who doesn't partake in that shit.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
I love the brain dead take that Sony can't miss the GaaS / Live Service bullshit because they'll lose on big money.

Yey the most profitable of the three big ones is Nintendo, who doesn't partake in that shit.

Nintendo is charging $60 for a fucking platformer that would be rated 72-72 on Metacritic if it didn't have Mario in the name