Rumor: Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

tempFileForShare_20240814-231018.png

In a day of rumors Resetera poster Natedrake has stated that Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox
In a post on the infamous forum poster NateDrake has stated that Final Fantasy XVI is coming to Xbox, it’s just a matter of when Square Enix, the game’s publisher, announces it. “FF16 on Xbox is going to happen. Just waiting for Square to announce it.” The game released on June 22nd, 2023 to critical acclaim, describing itself as:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Watch it become a beloved classic and a late-GOTY from the same people that shat on it for over a year. They will never talk about the sales again.

Square is a joke for bowing down to them after FF14 flopped on Xbox.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Rebirth is easily superior but FF XVI is a great action adventure game but a disappointing Final Fantasy JRPG. I enjoyed it for what it was and still need to play through the two expansions some day. lol

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Rebirth is easily superior but FF XVI is a great action adventure game but a disappointing Final Fantasy JRPG. I enjoyed it for what it was and still need to play through the two expansions some day. lol
Yeah it was a game that had incredible highs and some really disappointing lows. I think they're struggling financially and it impacts their game dev. You can tell they really poured a lot of money into rebirth but 16 got a constrained budget and it all went into cutscenes.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Yeah it was a game that had incredible highs and some really disappointing lows. I think they're struggling financially and it impacts their game dev. You can tell they really poured a lot of money into rebirth but 16 got a constrained budget and it all went into cutscenes.

I loved the story and characters in XVI especially since I love Game of Thrones but the combat/gameplay left a lot to be desired. More than the money, I think the biggest issue was Square Enix releasing Rebirth 9 months after XVI. Just didn't make any sense to release them that close to one another. Of course, Square Enix has always been horrible when dating their game releases. See Fall 2022.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I loved the story and characters in XVI especially since I love Game of Thrones but the combat/gameplay left a lot to be desired. More than the money, I think the biggest issue was Square Enix releasing Rebirth 9 months after XVI. Just didn't make any sense to release them that close to one another. Of course, Square Enix has always been horrible when dating their game releases. See Fall 2022.
The combat was fine but tuned too easy on the default settings. The main issues I had with the game were quest design and the gearing system, which felt so underbaked as to basically being raw. And the quest design was clearly influenced by being an MMO team... Not good for a single player game. There were some good quests in it but by the time you got to them your perception of the game's questing system had already been ruined by the shitty fetch quests in the beginning half of the game.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Weird timing that it comes from a poster saying its unfair that xbox is losing everything when another exclusive leaves xbox. I’ll believe when i see it. It sure as hell will need to be a big gamepass bag to even make it worth it. Even then, i can imagine the series s bricking on the boss fights

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
The combat was fine but tuned too easy on the default settings. The main issues I had with the game were quest design and the gearing system, which felt so underbaked as to basically being raw. And the quest design was clearly influenced by being an MMO team... Not good for a single player game. There were some good quests in it but by the time you got to them your perception of the game's questing system had already been ruined by the shitty fetch quests in the beginning half of the game.

I agree with everything you said and couldn't have said it any better.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
It's been already over a year despite 6 months of exclusivity and the PC version is still to be announced. I've saved my FF mode run for the plat and DLC for the Pro so long I get a update on that I am fine. Agree, if it comes to Xbox they had to pay a hefty (GP) bag to make it worthwhile porting to Series S, it would take some time/struggle but for Square they would triple dip with exclusivity, PC and then Phil's money can't blame them.

Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Maybe MS paid SE a large sum of cash to bring it to GP. SE needs all the cash it can get, I guess.

Reactions: Dabaus

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Strange how some people are still clinging to the delusion that releasing XBox games on PS has anything to do with fairness. Or thinking that Square Enix games do well on Xbox. There's a financial reason why games skip it, after all. As for FF16, if it's releasing there - I have doubts it will sell well to a user base that prefers crying about games being on PS more than buying them when they actually release on their own platform.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
How is his track record with these kind of leaks?

Unless SE announces that FF16 will launch at the same time on PC and Xbox, I highly doubt it will release on Xbox anytime soon.

And even though they have the engine running on the Potato S as they already ported FF14, I doubt this could run anywhere near the 30fps mark on it.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Yeah we know it won't sell on Xbox but it might do well on PC and Switch 2. The real news here is that it's unlikely for Sony to get more exclusives from Square and that's bad.