Rumor: Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
As a long-time FF fan, you're describing my experience. FF13 really was the turning point. I've never been able to get past 4-5 hours into it. The demo for Lightning Returns made me decide to never play it. I have FF15 but have never played it. Having to go outside of the game to get the full story is a huge turn-off. , I'll eventually play 15 and 16, but the series seems to have just been all over the place for years now. As for VII Remake, there were so many comments stating that people just wanted a simple remake - not a re-imagining. It makes sense that those people wouldn't pick up the second part. For my part, I haven't played it but likely will one day - but Nomura makes me far less interested. Just not a fan of his.

I have been a big Final Fantasy fan since the days of the SNES. The turning point for me was Final Fantasy 12. I couldn't get into the combat and story of that game. I was excited for Final Fantasy 13 but, again, it really did not click for me. Then, Final Fantasy Versus was finally released as FFXV, but I really never cared for it. Final Fantasy XVI, however, did bring back the enjoyment I had for FF games and I had a great time with it. It has its flaws, but overall, I felt like I was playing a FF game back when I loved them.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I have been a big Final Fantasy fan since the days of the SNES. The turning point for me was Final Fantasy 12. I couldn't get into the combat and story of that game. I was excited for Final Fantasy 13 but, again, it really did not click for me. Then, Final Fantasy Versus was finally released as FFXV, but I really never cared for it. Final Fantasy XVI, however, did bring back the enjoyment I had for FF games and I had a great time with it. It has its flaws, but overall, I felt like I was playing a FF game back when I loved them.
I always felt as if the FF community has always been more terminally online than other fanbases, leading to toxic discussion around the series dating all the way back to the 2000s. Over 20 years later hardcore FF cans still cannot just accept the games for what they've been instead of pushing what they feel the franchise should be onto others. Overall discourse has been worse because of that. FFs "heyday" is very much imaginary in the minds of jaded fans.

FFXII was excellent and the fact that it had pushback is laughable
FFXIII, while not perfect, was a musical and visual marvel with plenty to love.... yet the community was so butthurt about this trilogy

FFXIV is my favorite MMO (aka the only one ive ever played)
FFXV, It's a great game, while also being a major disappointment. I can only point to myself for the though, I waited 10 years to play it and their no way it was living up to whatever giant expectation I had in my head. Despite that, I put 80+ hours into it and enjoyed my time.

FFXVI is the best FF since 12 and I honestly feel like it's not even up for debate, it was also great that SE released in closish to the reveal, the exact opposite of XV.
FFVIIR2 Is simply one of the greatest games of all time, bar none.

This franchise tells me some people want their way or no way, even for a franchise that branded itself in always reviving itself as something new.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I always felt as if the FF community has always been more terminally online than other fanbases, leading to toxic discussion around the series dating all the way back to the 2000s. Over 20 years later hardcore FF cans still cannot just accept the games for what they've been instead of pushing what they feel the franchise should be onto others. Overall discourse has been worse because of that. FFs "heyday" is very much imaginary in the minds of jaded fans.

FFXII was excellent and the fact that it had pushback is laughable
FFXIII, while not perfect, was a musical and visual marvel with plenty to love.... yet the community was so butthurt about this trilogy

FFXIV is my favorite MMO (aka the only one ive ever played)
FFXV, It's a great game, while also being a major disappointment. I can only point to myself for the though, I waited 10 years to play it and their no way it was living up to whatever giant expectation I had in my head. Despite that, I put 80+ hours into it and enjoyed my time.

FFXVI is the best FF since 12 and I honestly feel like it's not even up for debate, it was also great that SE released in closish to the reveal, the exact opposite of XV.
FFVIIR2 Is simply one of the greatest games of all time, bar none.

This franchise tells me some people want their way or no way, even for a franchise that branded itself in always reviving itself as something new.

I don’t know if your comment is directed at me personally, but I can say that I’m not terminally online and I never said the FF games I don’t like are bad. I just don’t like them, but I’m happy other people do.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I don’t know if your comment is directed at me personally, but I can say that I’m not terminally online and I never said the FF games I don’t like are bad. I just don’t like them, but I’m happy other people do.
No it's not, really was just ranting on how I feel about FF fans/discourse lol. Clearly just kinda over it with them

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
No it's not, really was just ranting on how I feel about FF fans/discourse lol. Clearly just kinda over it with them

Ah, I do love Final Fantasy, so I just wanted to clear that up 😅

And I agree with you.