[RUMOUR] PlayStation 5 Pro is aiming for a holiday 2024 release

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
https://insider-gaming.com/playstation-handheld/

As previously mentioned by industry insider Jeff Grubb, Sony is planning to announce its “second phase of the PS5”, which was in reference to its future game slate. Ironically though, this “second phase” is very much true for Sony’s hardware offerings, with the new detachable disc drive PlayStation 5, Project Nomad (wireless earphones), Project Voyager (wireless headset), and Q Lite (handheld) all scheduled to release within a very short period. It’s understood that the PlayStation 5 Pro is aiming for a holiday 2024 release.

So whenever Sony’s next PlayStation Showcase will be, it’s seemingly going to be a big one.

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I wonder how much it will cost? $600? I'd be surprised if Sony cut the price of the base version.

Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 417

Mods can we change the title. The OP has spelt Rumour incorrectly.

OT if we see Ps5pro Xmas 2024, when will see the Xbox Series XX

• fire

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
I wonder how much it will cost? $600? I'd be surprised if Sony cut the price of the base version.
$400 for PS5
$500 for PS5 Pro
then +$100 for disc drive accessory

so yeah probably $600 for a Pro w/ optional UHDBDD

A Pro without a single title that's actually pushing the hardware to its limits.
in 2016 there was not a single PS4 title "actually pushing the hardware to its limits"

nobody cared, people bought the PS4 Pro

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Day 1.

I love the smell of new hardware....

GIF by NarcityMedia

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Just don't buy it if you don't see the need.
I won't just like I skipped the Pro. Unless they truly justify it which, as with the Pro, they hardly did. This gen is even more lackadaisical.
-------------------------

Of course people will buy it. People buy literally everything on sale on the planet, even dung. They're after the PC chronic symptom of consumption - MUST HAVE THE LATEST!

Along with it will come the usual "Plz PRO PATCH". A version of: why is this game not making my 4090 ti melt and taking advantage of the 1000 tensor cores in it. Same psychological pathology.

Last edited: