18 Jul 2024
19 or 20
world premier but maybe not and it will be at The Game Awards
classic fraud behavior

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd say it will be instead the week before TGS, will be pretty TGS/Asian focused with several B tier Japanese or Chinese games most people in the west won't care about (Gundam, JRPGs and gatchas with lolis etc), won't be a particularly special or long State of Play and won't have many big announcements.

I also suggest you to don't listen these fake 'insiders' who normally are only making guesses. If you overhype with their shit you'll get dissapointed and will blame Sony instead of the fake insiders.

Only one or if lucky two key announcements, plus a few gameplay reveals of already announced games like Death Stranding 2.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'd say it will be instead the week before TGS, will be pretty TGS/Asian focused with several B tier Japanese or Chinese games most people in the west won't care about (Gundam, JRPGs and gatchas with lolis etc), won't be a particularly special or long State of Play and won't have many big announcements.

I also suggest you to don't listen these fake 'insiders' who normally are only making guesses. If you overhype with their shit you'll get dissapointed and will blame Sony instead of the fake insiders.

Only one or if lucky two key announcements, plus a few gameplay reveals of already announced games like Death Stranding 2.
So you don't think any of the main western first party will be there?

You don't think Sucker Punch or anyone like that will appear?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So you don't think any of the main western first party will be there?

You don't think Sucker Punch or anyone like that will appear?
I bet that may appear one or two main western studios announcing something:
  • SSM's Cory new IP as the big announcement of the show (but I see it more likely for the Doritos Awards)
  • Helldivers 2 announcement of the Illuminate enemy faction being included to the game in October
But I think it's more likely to see only a few new western trailers from an already announced game to be released soon like Lego Horizon or Until Dawn remake. I think they had one ready to announce the first Concord post-launch character but well, there's now a empty spot there.

The timing also fits for an Horizon Online announcement, but I think would want to complete the Lego Horizon marketing first and also wait to implement changes there coming from the Concord postmortem lessons.

I think it's too early for GoT2 and won't be there, but they could always drop a logo teaser announcement without showing the game and without even saying a release date year (which I think would be minimum 2026 or 2027). Maybe next year.

I think the focus will be Asia:
  • Death Stranding 2 gameplay reveal
  • Astro Bot accolades trailer
  • My First Gran Turismo gameplay reveal (even if it's just a GT7 trial)
  • Lost Soul Aside release date reveal trailer
  • Convallaria release date reveal trailer
  • Something from MiHoyo: new ZZZ trailer revealing new characters
  • Something from SE: Dragon Quest XII? Kingdom Hearts 4?
  • Something from Capcom: Pragmata release date trailer? MH Wilds? Marvel vs Capcom compilation getting a release date?
  • Something from Bandai Namco: some anime stuff
  • Something from Sega (includes Atlus): maybe some gameplay reveal of some of their rebooted classic series
  • Something from Konami: new trailer and release dates for Silent Hill 2 and / or MGS Delta
  • Something from Koei Tecmo: Musou whatever, who knows if Knack Musou
  • A few minor B or C tier Asian games from smaller publishers/developers with mechas, lolis or gatcha
  • A few indies
I think that as usual will be a solid around half an hour long State of Play with many great or at least interesting games and news, but with only a few game announcements, maybe being only one of them big.

And as usual many people will complain, mostly those overhyped by the fake insiders.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hmmm. Astrobot being amazing doesnt mean Sony is gonna be any different to the last 5-4 years of lackluster shows and keeping there cards close

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Lunatic Ignus is a very curious individual, he got no insider info on Wukong right and outright admited he stalks Insiders on Era.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
After the greatness of Astro we will now get time wasting slots in SoP with lego borizon and until flop. I hope the lego borizon flops hard like concord so we dont get more games ported to switch

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I bet that may appear one or two main western studios announcing something:
  • SSM's Cory new IP as the big announcement of the show (but I see it more likely for the Doritos Awards)
  • Helldivers 2 announcement of the Illuminate enemy faction being included to the game in October
But I think it's more likely to see only a few new western trailers from an already announced game to be released soon like Lego Horizon or Until Dawn remake. I think they had one ready to announce the first Concord post-launch character but well, there's now a empty spot there.

The timing also fits for an Horizon Online announcement, but I think would want to complete the Lego Horizon marketing first and also wait to implement changes there coming from the Concord postmortem lessons.

I think it's too early for GoT2 and won't be there, but they could always drop a logo teaser announcement without showing the game and without even saying a release date year (which I think would be minimum 2026 or 2027). Maybe next year.

I think the focus will be Asia:
  • Death Stranding 2 gameplay reveal
  • Astro Bot accolades trailer
  • My First Gran Turismo gameplay reveal (even if it's just a GT7 trial)
  • Lost Soul Aside release date reveal trailer
  • Convallaria release date reveal trailer
  • Something from MiHoyo: new ZZZ trailer revealing new characters
  • Something from SE: Dragon Quest XII? Kingdom Hearts 4?
  • Something from Capcom: Pragmata release date trailer? MH Wilds? Marvel vs Capcom compilation getting a release date?
  • Something from Bandai Namco: some anime stuff
  • Something from Sega (includes Atlus): maybe some gameplay reveal of some of their rebooted classic series
  • Something from Konami: new trailer and release dates for Silent Hill 2 and / or MGS Delta
  • Something from Koei Tecmo: Musou whatever, who knows if Knack Musou
  • A few minor B or C tier Asian games from smaller publishers/developers with mechas, lolis or gatcha
  • A few indies
I think that as usual will be a solid around half an hour long State of Play with many great or at least interesting games and news, but with only a few game announcements, maybe being only one of them big.

And as usual many people will complain, mostly those overhyped by the fake insiders.

I guess we will see

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
No surprise here. Second or third week of September was always my guess. Only difference is that I was expecting it to be a PlayStation Showcase but if the State of Play is pretty big and meaty, then im fine with that. Give me Tsushima 2!!!