Rumour: Sony will hold a pretty big State of Play next week

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It already is happening I know for certain that QA jobs at playstation are going for testing on external platforms including nintendo next hardware which they have got access to now.
Cool - you too then. $50 now, $100 back whenever everything is day and date. @BillyZ doesn't have the cash to front up. He's just here to shit on Sony and Microsoft while lapping at Nintendo and Steam's feet. I don't think there's a single post in his history that has one good thing to say about PlayStation or anything to do with it.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Cool - you too then. $50 now, $100 back whenever everything is day and date. @BillyZ doesn't have the cash to front up. He's just here to shit on Sony and Microsoft while lapping at Nintendo and Steam's feet. I don't think there's a single post in his history that has one good thing to say about PlayStation or anything to do with it.

Your on balls already rolling for playstation to go multiplatform I will happily take that bet.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Fantastic. DM me a $50 PSN code. I'll double it in value for the store credit of your choosing (provided you can buy a digital code for it) if the conditions are met.

Done.

Sony president Hiroki Totoki at an investor's meeting in february.

In the past, we wanted to popularise console and the first party titles’ main purpose was to make the console popular,’ Totoki said. ‘It is true, but there is a synergy to it. So if you have strong first party content, not only with our console but also other platforms like computers [PC]. First party can be grown with the multiplatforms and that can help operating profit to improve. So that is another one we want to proactively work on.

‘I personally think there are opportunities out there for improvement of margins, so I would like to go aggressive in improving our margin performance.’

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Done.

Sony president Hiroki Totoki at an investor's meeting in february.

In the past, we wanted to popularise console and the first party titles’ main purpose was to make the console popular,’ Totoki said. ‘It is true, but there is a synergy to it. So if you have strong first party content, not only with our console but also other platforms like computers [PC]. First party can be grown with the multiplatforms and that can help operating profit to improve. So that is another one we want to proactively work on.

‘I personally think there are opportunities out there for improvement of margins, so I would like to go aggressive in improving our margin performance.’
What region were those codes you sent me? Because they're invalid on US PSN. :)

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Game development is to expensive now to ignore potential revenue streams if they port astro bot to switch 2 with a mario theme it would sell extremely well and make playstation and nintendo a ton of cash.
Short term. What happens when that leads to reduced console sales? That's actual revenue lost from people who are a part of your ecosystem. It's much more profitable to keep people in, where you get a piece of every 3rd party sale, then to sell a single game to those people.

Which in turn leads to less profit and then less money to invest in future games. So we end up with either less games or shittier ones.

Hardware, tying people to their ecosystem, is where Sony wants people.

Reactions: Umar

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Short term. What happens when that leads to reduced console sales? That's actual revenue lost from people who are a part of your ecosystem. It's much more profitable to keep people in, where you get a piece of every 3rd party sale, then to sell a single game to those people.

Which in turn leads to less profit and then less money to invest in future games. So we end up with either less games or shittier ones.

Hardware, tying people to their ecosystem, is where Sony wants people.

Margin on hardware is minuscule at best ps5 console costs around $450 dollars to manufacture per unit.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024

i'm gonna set my expectations down to reality for this state of play

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

No first party games has got to be a joke

At this point Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Bend Studios are just taking the piss. Doing nothing on hundreds of millions of dollars. No wonder Sony is concerned about profits

They can't even be bothered to roll out of bed and make a 1 minute teaser

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Alright, confirming you did in fact put your money where your mouth was. I'm impressed. Hit me up for 80 pounds if Sony starts releasing everything day and date.

Concord two platforms at launch, fairgames confirmed for two platforms, lego horizon confirmed for three platforms and marathon also confirmed for three is that not enough proof?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Concord two platforms at launch, fairgames confirmed for two platforms, lego horizon confirmed for three platforms and marathon also confirmed for three is that not enough proof?
I'll even relax it from everything to 'all of their first party single player titles'. Good luck!

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

Yeah do that... But that list isn't 100 % correct so he might be wrong about at least some of the things he said. But yeah we'll today or later on see what's true and what isn't! (y)