Satya Nadella talks about the future of Xbox and multiplatform. Wants to publish on Sony and Nintendo!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
When asked for the health and future of Xbox Nutella replied:

"We're very, very excited about everything that's going on in gaming, specially with the close of ABK. We think that now, we have the ability to really do what we've always set out to do, which is to build great games and deliver them to folks about all platforms, right, which is Xbox AND consoles, the PCs, and now even including mobile gaming and cloud gaming."

Then he goes to think about reusing gaming hardware that were used for graphics (notice he talks in past) for AI, their main focus right now:

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I really wish I had followed my own advice and brought MS stock a few years back. That was all about Cloud and Office over cloud but this AI stuff would have been a great unseen benefit too.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I really wish I had followed my own advice and brought MS stick a few years back. That was all about Cloud and Office over cloud but this AI stuff would have been a great unseen benefit too.

All tech companies right now are riding that AI wave pretty hard, not too hard to see why, the speculative value for everything related to it is really high.
The funniest among them is Nvidia : https://companiesmarketcap.com
They leapfrogged a bunch of other companies purely on the basis that they're heavily invested in providing hardware/software at the enterprise level.

I wonder what's the outlook in the space in 5 and 10 years.
Right now everyone is trying to figure out ways to utilize the different type of techniques, but it's still very much at its infancy in terms of actual usability.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Playstation nation, welcome to the Xbox Ecosystem.

sara-savage-sewage.gif

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
All tech companies right now are riding that AI wave pretty hard, not too hard to see why, the speculative value for everything related to it is really high.
The funniest among them is Nvidia : https://companiesmarketcap.com
They leapfrogged a bunch of other companies purely on the basis that they're heavily invested in providing hardware/software at the enterprise level.

I wonder what's the outlook in the space in 5 and 10 years.
Right now everyone is trying to figure out ways to utilize the different type of techniques, but it's still very much at its infancy in terms of actual usability.
It used to be "Metaverse this and that".

Now AI is all the crave

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Is Microsoft's vision for the future of their gaming divison basically a third-party publisher that happens to have a console if you want one?
By modern definitions, yes. But they would describe it in terms of being a subscription service for games. If Xbox even continues to exist next generation it is only to be a console that either allows that service to be on consoles (so PS and/or Nintendo don't let Gamepass on it) or one that bypasses Sony/Nintendo's revenue cut. Personally I'll keep hammering the drum that Microsoft's longterm hope is that consoles go away entirely and they can offer Gamepass through Smart TVs as a "reasonable and popular" option. A much more likely scenario is that they fail out of "the format wars" altogether and become a smaller, PC-centric publisher.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It used to be "Metaverse this and that".

Now AI is all the crave

AI is a more enticing proposition for big tech companies than metaverse ever was.
Not only can they find ways to fire more people and keep the same productivity, but they can also offer the AI solutions they come up with and sell the software solutions to other big corporations around the world.

The tech capitalists are dreaming in green right now and they're all hoping they'll have first mover advantage to maximize profits.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How is he "building great games" when these games were already being developed and released everywhere? I will never understand all the lies Phil told him and Nadella just believed.

We already had these games Nutella, you brought nothing to anyone fucking crackhead.

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
How is he "building great games" when these games were already being developed and released everywhere? I will never understand all the lies Phil told him and Nadella just believed.

We already had these games Nutella, you brought nothing to anyone fucking crackhead.
Well, MS acquired these games. Meaning that revenue now will be theirs. And now having acquired MS will be the top 3rd party publisher, which gives them a stronger position to negotiate stuff with people like Sony or Nintendo.

But yes, Mojang, Ninja Theory, Double Fine, Zenimax, ABK will very likely continue being multi as always. With maybe a few of their games being timed console Xbox exclusive from time to time.

Is Microsoft's vision for the future of their gaming divison basically a third-party publisher that happens to have a console if you want one?
Yes. But who knows, maybe they'll stop making consoles and could reuse that hardware for AI instead.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well, MS acquired these games. Meaning that revenue now will be theirs. And now having acquired MS will be the top 3rd party publisher, which gives them a stronger position to negotiate stuff with people like Sony or Nintendo.

But yes, Mojang, Ninja Theory, Double Fine, Zenimax, ABK will very likely continue being multi as always. With maybe a few of their games being timed console Xbox exclusive from time to time.

Yes. But who knows, maybe they'll stop making consoles and could reuse that hardware for AI instead.
I know but he's talking as if gamers are getting something different from now on. He bought COD, Diablo, Overwatch. We already had all of that, Xbox included. Activision was not in any danger of stopping making them.

I'm aware Nadella is not a gamer so doesn't know but someone is feeding that shit to him. Spinning lies to make their division look good.