Satya Nadella talks about the future of Xbox and multiplatform. Wants to publish on Sony and Nintendo!

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
AI is a more enticing proposition for big tech companies than metaverse ever was.
Not only can they find ways to fire more people and keep the same productivity, but they can also offer the AI solutions they come up with and sell the software solutions to other big corporations around the world.

The tech capitalists are dreaming in green right now and they're all hoping they'll have first mover advantage to maximize profits.
For sure, but let's be real, at the moment, it is being used as a buzzword like metaverse was just a couple years ago.

Everybody is injecting "AI" into evrything nowadays.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I dislike how these answers are allowed to just slide.

How did they not have that ability before? What does buying up studios (and then making long standing multi platform publishers exclusive) have to do with delivering games to more players?

These are really simple questions, which should have simple answers. But nobody asks him follow up questions. It's amazing to me what the tech press lets these talking heads essentially get away with.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I still don't see them putting every first party game on other consoles. But it makes sense to also put their games everywhere the ones that aren't mighty tent-poles. Or at least have a duration for Xbox consoles

• haha
Reactions: Nimrota

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

How did they not have that ability before? What does buying up studios (and then making long standing multi platform publishers exclusive) have to do with delivering games to more players?

These are really simple questions, which should have simple answers. But nobody asks him follow up questions. It's amazing to me what the tech press lets these talking heads essentially get away with.
What he means is they now have some IP's people will actually want or likes. Before did they? Nah

How they handle them going forward is more important

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

This was from their shareholder meeting. (See the slide on the projector in the thumbnail)

No follow ups because there's no media involved

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I know but he's talking as if gamers are getting something different from now on. He bought COD, Diablo, Overwatch. We already had all of that, Xbox included. Activision was not in any danger of stopping making them.

I'm aware Nadella is not a gamer so doesn't know but someone is feeding that shit to him. Spinning lies to make their division look good.
I think that in the context of a CEO throwing PR bullshit, he doesn't care if the gamers were already got these games or if they are acquired (he and the interviewer already knows this is the case).

I assume he meant that thanks to their acquisitions the MS lineup -which also implies GP catalog- now is way better than it was before, and that they'll deliver more relevant stuff now than they did before. Themselve as publisher provider of great games, or platform/game sub they'll be supposed to be more appealing now.

But well, I think that sentence was only a PR bullshit filler sentence. We all now that CoD (insert here any other big acquired IP) fans in both Xbox and PS will continue being CoD fans and will play it as usual independently if ABK is now part of MS or not. As basically happened with Minecraft.

And yes, ABK wasn't in any danger. Outside the PR mess of the harassment controversy that temporally were going to affeect their stock, the company was performing great. Pretty likely what happened is that Kotick wanted to retire with an even bigger golden parachute and thought MS would pay it and would take care of hiding the related controversy under the rug since MS is very experienced and successful with this.

"Xbox and Consoles"
The MS CEO apparently doesn't consider Xbox a console anymore.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Xbox fans:
walter white greyhound GIF

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
There's only three consoles.

"xbox and consoles" = xbox, PlayStation and Switch

Pretty simple

Reactions: Diah

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I still don't see them putting every first party game on other consoles. But it makes sense to also put their games everywhere the ones that aren't mighty tent-poles. Or at least have a duration for Xbox consoles
All Bethesda and ABK games, and some choice XGS games.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This was from their shareholder meeting. (See the slide on the projector in the thumbnail)

No follow ups because there's no media involved
Media can get on investor calls. Also if I was a significant shareholder, I would be asking the same questions. Someone is letting them slide.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters