Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 Launches May 21. It will be a digital-only and release costing $49.99. |UP| Preinstall Available now & new pics.

24 Jun 2022
And on PC it'll be in 60fps so that'll compromise the studio's vision lol :ROFLMAO:

They can't just say the Monster can't of course run in 60fps without downgrading.

I don't think the Series X is the issue here; it's 100% the Series S and the parity mandate MS insists for their 1P studios.

Yet they're willing to give 3P like Larian an exception. Anyway, Hellblade 2 really is just DLC. A somewhat prettier reskin of the first game. Unbelievable how little from the first game seems expanded or improved upon in the sequel for scope or ambition.

Pre Returnal < Returnal or Helldivers 1 < Helldivers 2 shows how you should help foster studios to become more expansive and grow while still holding onto their identity as developers. Ninja Theory seem like they are regressing under Microsoft's ownership.

Maybe they should negotiate for an independent deal a la Toys For Bob.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Maybe they should negotiate for an independent deal a la Toys For Bob.

At least Toys For Bob had a reason for that, as they were just part of the ABK deal.

But Ninja Theory accepted to be bought on their own and haven't released anything since they were bought, I think (unless I'm forgetting one of the many flops from team green).

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't think the Series X is the issue here; it's 100% the Series S and the parity mandate MS insists for their 1P studios.

If the issue was the S holding the game back then it would be way easier for the X to release a 60 FPS mode because the base game would be less complex to accommodate for the S. I think they are doing the opposite here. Use the X as a baseline and somehow cram an S version.

It looks to me they want the game to be a graphics showcase and since it's a cinematic walk and talk game, high framerrates won't be the priority. Ninja theory always put emphasis on the games visuals and animations when talking about the game so it doesn't surprise me.

My guesstimate is: dynamic 1080p with drops to 720p for the S and dynamic 4k with drops between 1080p and 1440p for the X. Both modes at 30 with some form of ray tracing, paired back a bit on the S.

Reactions: KvallyX

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
It's interesting seeing articles and social media posts from shills today championing the fact that this game is 6-8 hours in length. They're essentially begging people to not pay for this game and play it on game pass trial. Is that what this game is ultimately, a game pass lure?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly