Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 Launches May 21. It will be a digital-only and release costing $49.99. |UP| Preinstall Available now & new pics.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That seems to be the scoping GP effect in action.

What have they been doing over the last 6 years or so? This is the most puzzling part of this...

Now, we should stop complaining about Sony's output, it can't be nearly as bad as this.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I don't want to hear comparasion between this and God Of War Duology.

God of War Duology have good enemies design(the second one), good combat.

These devs are so inconfident they didn't even show the combat.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The hate this game is getting is extremely unnecessary in this thread. It's a follow up to the original. It's clear they weren't given a huge budget but I enjoyed the first game.

The pile on here just because it's Xbox exclusive is truly weird.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Is there combat in this game? Is it just solving puzzles? It’s been 5 (more?) years since it was shown, and it releases in 4 months, and we haven’t seen any action.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The hate this game is getting is extremely unnecessary in this thread. It's a follow up to the original. It's clear they weren't given a huge budget but I enjoyed the first game.

They were supposed to be given the extra money, this game was supposed to stand with the best in the genre...

Sure, it's short and cheap... That alone is not really a problem, I would not care, I love some short walking simulation from time to time. But this, like the xbox series x performance, is not delivering.

If that was only that, but if it looked like some highly tight action laden game that had amazing gameplay and some pizzas (beyond gray landscapes and admittedly amazing facial animation).

Don't make excuses for it, this is not what we were promised.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They were supposed to be given the extra money, this game was supposed to stand with the best in the genre...

Sure, it's short and cheap... That alone is not really a problem, I would not care, I love some short walking simulation from time to time. But this, like the xbox series x performance, is not delivering.

If that was only that, but if it looked like some highly tight action laden game that had amazing gameplay and some pizzas (beyond gray landscapes and admittedly amazing facial animation).

Don't make excuses for it, this is not what we were promised.
What excuses am I making? Why are you expecting it to be a tight action laden game? Did you play the first game? Lol

Ninja Theory never promised you anything you just mentioned about expecting.

I don't get the mentality to pile on innocent devs just to beat off on dumb fanboy wars, sorry.

Reactions: rinzler

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Your apologies for this game are what is weird.

This was hyped up from reveal as something it has clearly not turned out to be, and the budget was high enough for the dev team to got to fucking Norway to do research.

The pile-on has much less to do with being Xbox exclusive than it being painted as a system-seller for years only to turn out to be almost identical to its mediocre predecessor.

And you claim to not be easily impressed. LOL

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Your apologies for this game are what is weird.

This was hyped up from reveal as something it has clearly not turned out to be, and the budget was high enough for the dev team to got to fucking Norway to do research.

The pile-on has much less to do with being Xbox exclusive than it being painted as a system-seller for years only to turn out to be almost identical to its mediocre predecessor.

And you claim to not be easily impressed. LOL
"My apologies" he says lol. I've always been positive on this game and ninja Theory as I have never hid the fact I enjoyed the first game... You went around this forum spamming the "haha" reaction on all my positive posts on this game and suddenly you're here acting brand new. I dunno whether to laugh or be concerned for you lol.

Yes, because a trip to wherever is oh so expensive and costed mere thousands.

Only someone delusional would think Hellblade 2 could be a system seller. The first game was a budget title. For years PS guys said this game would be exactly what it currently is and won't sell on Xbox as the original was pretty niche. And they don't even like games like these, but they're simply using it in list wars.

Now you and apparently others actually expected this to be a system seller? Because of online fanboys using it as collateral damage because it started out as a PS exclusive? Got it.

And I never said I was impressed by anything shown, just said I liked the first game and so I will play the sequel..

Dragging developers for the years of hard work is still shitty because they are now owned by Microsoft.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Lmaooooo

So those mfs who using the same script "I would play Shitfield years hours on end instead of 20 hours game that can only be enjoyed once" suddenly all jump on the train to defend an sub 8 hours game?

Rats eatting turds from their owners once again😂

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GIuDvhDWsAA-GdB

GIuDMNRXoAAtshB

GIuDOulWgAAzcwV

GIuDPvmWcAEZnVj

Ninja Theory confirmed on X that Hellblade 2 Senua's Saga is available for pre-download and can be added to wishlist on Xbox and Steam.

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Looking forward to Hellblade 2 but more hyped for Avowed, Indiana Jones and Towerborne.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Is this the game that was launching in 2019, 2020, 2021, for realzy pinky promise 2022, the game is totes complete 2023, nahh we launching downgraded in 2024?

lol, lmao even.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
"My apologies" he says lol. I've always been positive on this game and ninja Theory as I have never hid the fact I enjoyed the first game... You went around this forum spamming the "haha" reaction on all my positive posts on this game and suddenly you're here acting brand new. I dunno whether to laugh or be concerned for you lol.

Yes, because a trip to wherever is oh so expensive and costed mere thousands.

Only someone delusional would think Hellblade 2 could be a system seller. The first game was a budget title. For years PS guys said this game would be exactly what it currently is and won't sell on Xbox as the original was pretty niche. And they don't even like games like these, but they're simply using it in list wars.

Now you and apparently others actually expected this to be a system seller? Because of online fanboys using it as collateral damage because it started out as a PS exclusive? Got it.

And I never said I was impressed by anything shown, just said I liked the first game and so I will play the sequel..

Dragging developers for the years of hard work is still shitty because they are now owned by Microsoft.
This isn't directed at you, but it relates to this topic.

This game was hyped as yet another "game of the generation" kinda thing, with it being compared to God of Wars scope, and that it was going to be way beyond what we saw in the first one. I guess you can blame the Xbox cabal for that one, as they were the ones saying it on Twitter and such.

Secondly, as far as dragging developers who sell to MS goes ... if you sell your soul to the devil, you can expect some people to want to cast you out. 🤷‍♂️

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Is this the game that was launching in 2019, 2020, 2021, for realzy pinky promise 2022, the game is totes complete 2023, nahh we launching downgraded in 2024?

lol, lmao even.
No, it was announced at the end of 2019 at The Game Awards. They never gave any kind of release window.

They announced pre-production in 2022 I think so they iterated quite quickly.

24 Jun 2022
No, it was announced at the end of 2019 at The Game Awards. They never gave any kind of release window.

They announced pre-production in 2022 I think so they iterated quite quickly.

It was always assumed the game'd launch before GOW Ragnarok, given it was shown off first and at the reveal of Series X. So if not a launch title, at least within the first couple years of the console's life.

Instead it's only releasing now, with not much more to it vs. the first game and in fact seemingly a smaller experience, that took 5 years from reveal to actually release. The game was used by both Microsoft and media as Xbox's answer to Sony's AAA cinematic epics, and positioned as "their God of War". Many fans fed into that as well.

The fact it's actually not that at all, isn't a bad thing so long as the game is good. But it's also very hard to wonder what could've been if Ninja Theory had more ambitious backers behind them. Honestly, we should've been seeing a Helldivers 1 > Helldivers 2 or a Matterfall > Returnal type of leap for Hellblade 2.

In that context, the game will probably feel like a bit of a letdown.