Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Releases on |The Game Awards 2023

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
What seemed underwhelming were the flashes of combat, the animation did not seem up to par with the rest. Obviously, these are short clips, so who knows?
Can you show me a shot where the animation isn't up to par? I thought it was the best part of the combat. They are using the same combat gameplay it seems. I happen to like it but I can understand why some people thought it was dry.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It's why Rockstar Games are really a gaming feat considering they are making all tht look good in an open world.
Yea, I like vertical slices though. Unreal Nanite demo was more bad-ass looking for me than Matrix demo tbh.

However, I can get behind the open-world being more complex though. There is definitely more of a challenge and less GPU resources to do it as well as static games.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Can you show me a shot where the animation isn't up to par? I thought it was the best part of the combat. They are using the same combat gameplay it seems. I happen to like it but I can understand why some people thought it was dry.
I still dont know why u are still here and not banned ,i lose interest on this forum just because trolls like you

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I still dont know why u are still here and not banned ,i lose interest on this forum just because trolls like you
Oh, I don't know.. perhaps because I like being able to "speak" in gaming forums?

You don't ban people for having a different opinion than yours. It's just that simple. Put me on ignore -- which is what I'm going to do to you.

/ignore

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
When you say something you expect the others to just take your words for it, well do it for me as well, if you can't see it as well as all the fake lens trickery they use to hide imperfections this is great for you! You're easy to please! kind of a cheap date, which has its benefits.

So there is no need to show it to you, just look at the trailer, there are a couple of shots where they show fights the animation seems off... this is why I think there is a good chance for it to be gameplay. The worst part is that knowing MS it's very likely that they used some beefed up PC to capture these images.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

DForce

24 Jun 2022
I don't care if you take me seriously. I don't know you from adam. Who the hell is DForce? What previous name did you go by on GAF? I also have no idea what you are talking about... so moving on.

Doesn't matter. There are 3rd party companies that have always pushed tech forward and new ones that do it each generation. Sony hasn't pushed rendering tech forward for awhile now (definitely not PS4 nor will for PS5 era).

Nvidia has been the sole company to push hardware tech forward for years. And that makes 3rd party companies be able to use that tech today -- not in another year or more from now. Granted people have to pay a premium but the cost isn't the point.

I'm so sorry that you are jealous. Get over it buddy.

/ignore

I brought up the HFW comment from NeoGAF just to see if you would take the bait and you did.

If you weren't VFX Veteran, then you wouldn't bother defending that point I just made.

You completely ignored the time frame from The Last of Us (PS3) and Uncharted 4 when the games were released 3 years apart.

You're a fraud and simply got exposed because no person who develops games would spew the stuff spouting on this forum. Many people praised Naughty Dog and the Decima engine. Insomniac were even praised how they were able to push RT on their engine and instant load.

No one is jealous when you're getting exposed throughout this comment section. lol

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Oh, I don't know.. perhaps because I like being able to "speak" in gaming forums?

You don't ban people for having a different opinion than yours. It's just that simple. Put me on ignore -- which is what I'm going to do to you.

/ignore
nah u gotta get banned sooned and later,imagine what kind of disfuntional adult you must be to go to preach his shit nobody listes on a forum who dosnt give a fuck about your shilling and get banned and created another user,you have no life or shame vfx

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Just rewatch the trailer, all combat animations are sluggish.
Glasses Seinfeld GIF

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
So there is no need to show it to you, just look at the trailer, there are a couple of shots where they show fights the animation seems off... this is why I think there is a good chance for it to be gameplay. The worst part is that knowing MS it's very likely that they used some beefed up PC to capture these images.
The animation of the original was pretty damn good. And you can see the live gameplay in the combat. It's very similar to the original with some added animations. I actually liked the combat but I can see how others feel it is very static and doesn't allow you to move very far from the enemy. They used mocap for the animation so it's going to be hard to tell what is "off" by it without specific shots.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The animation of the original was pretty damn good. And you can see the live gameplay in the combat. It's very similar to the original with some added animations. I actually liked the combat but I can see how others feel it is very static and doesn't allow you to move very far from the enemy. They used mocap for the animation so it's going to be hard to tell what is "off" by it without specific shots.
The trailer is not that long, what I'm pointing to is jarring.

Reactions: arvfab

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Says the guy who screeches about things you need to go frame-by-frame with a microscope to spot in the trailer for a PlayStation exclusive.

You are full of shit. You do NOT convince anyone with the crap you post, and you are a laughingstock.

Reactions: arvfab

DForce

24 Jun 2022
About the combat animations feeling off.

lwlSCLU.gif
aPTb7WO.gif

When the sword makes contact, there's a slight pause and the enemy is slow to react. It just messes up the flow of the animation.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
About the combat animations feeling off.

lwlSCLU.gif
aPTb7WO.gif

When the sword makes contact, there's a slight pause and the enemy is slow to react. It just messes up the flow of the animation.
Before someone says that they will fix it... Well given the state of the last few releases from MS studios I would not assume this will happen.

Artistic choice maybe? Well it's a bad choice, fire whoever thought that was good.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Umm...Alan Wake 2 is actually out and looks better than both of them 😂and WTF is the Coalitions new game? 🤣🤣 You're hyping up games that aren't even out yet and will DEFINITELY be downgraded, as Microsoft does with literally all of their games. No idea why you're so keen on giving them undue praise for unreleased games while bashing Sony, when Microsoft themselves said they have nothing close to TLOU2.....and newsflash.....THEY STILL DON'T!!! Matter of fact, they don't even have anything that looks better than Uncharted 4 from 2016 😂

Your disdain for Sony is making you talk crazy!!!

F_FJZRdWUAAqlEA

st04hkrcqpw61.png
Nongkris is an undercover Xbot. Pay him, or her no mind.

• Surprised
Reactions: JAHGamer