Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Releases on |The Game Awards 2023

DForce

24 Jun 2022
We should all be able to push back on someone stating a game looks better than all others. It's the status quo to challenge someone's claims. So no, I'm not being a victim. If he thinks HFW looks better, I can state he's wearing "only Sony 1st party" biased glasses.

You pushed back and so have others, but it seems like you're the only one complaining about pushback. That is a victim mentality. You should expect some type of pushback with your initial comment.

I have gone into the Starfield sales thread to talk about how the game wasn't performing well after the first 3 weeks with preliminary evidence. I knew Xbox fans weren't going to like my comment, so I was expecting some pushback.

I'm not going to say, "Look at this pushback! I can't post my opinion on my research?"

I expected it and then replied to every single response as to why I came to that conclusion.
If you want to go into specifics about the rendering and pipeline, I will be more than happy to talk specifics. I work with UE5 everyday as my job and can go over with you, the scope of the engine's features.
I'm familiar with Nanite and how it works. I don't need to go over it.

You're so quick to defend without realizing that I never said I couldn't see detail, I said it doesn't stand out. We have seen terrain with gravel and debris scattered on the ground in games all the time, so what's going to make this game really stand out from the rest?

Not to forget that the character model appears to be lacking in some areas. It doesn't even appear close to some of the best ones out there.

D

Deleted member 223

Don't know what the poster in question has on the mod staff and Bryank but we all know this is all simply trolling at its finest from a habitual and well known offender (that spans beyond this forum). I know the gist and importance of having a plurality of voices in the forum and they're indeed needed but certain suspects do it in bad faith and that is never gonna change with the user in question. Make no mistake this is going to continue to be the result for a rabble rouser. Today it's this thread, tomorrow it will be another. I understand and support a second-chance policy but... I think we're way past second here, and way beyond, specially considering the rap sheet on other forums before this one. Some of our habitual posters do need a bit of self-control and learn more to ignore.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Don't know what the poster in question has on the mod staff and Bryank but we all know this is all simply trolling at its finest from a habitual and well known offender (that spans beyond this forum). I know the gist and importance of having a plurality of voices in the forum and they're indeed needed but certain suspects do it in bad faith and that is never gonna change with the user in question. Make no mistake this is going to continue to be the result for a rabble rouser. Today it's this thread, tomorrow it will be another. I understand and support a second-chance policy but... I think we're way past second here, and way beyond, specially considering the rap sheet on other forums before this one. Some of our habitual posters do need a bit of self-control and learn more to ignore.
I really don't like the way you are talking about me, I will have you know, that I'm no rabble-rouser!

Macaulay Culkin Running GIF by Home Alone

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
You mean like Hellblade 2 being a sequel or Flight Sim or hold up Battletoads 😂 come on Fro be real my man 😂😂
Definitely too many sequels around on all sides!

I want some innovation and new shit! Avatar is one good one along with Callisto, Harry Potter, and Robocop.

The Unrecord demo was badass too.. and so is Black Myth

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
You're so quick to defend without realizing that I never said I couldn't see detail, I said it doesn't stand out. We have seen terrain with gravel and debris scattered on the ground in games all the time, so what's going to make this game really stand out from the rest?

Not to forget that the character model appears to be lacking in some areas. It doesn't even appear close to some of the best ones out there.
OK. I guess we can discuss why a game gets good attention from opinions on other sites that share the same view as I do. Perhaps we can use that as a basis for argument since I'm not the lone wolf in what I see.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
OK. I guess we can discuss why a game gets good attention from opinions on other sites that share the same view as I do. Perhaps we can use that as a basis for argument since I'm not the lone wolf in what I see.
People ALWAYS have different opinions about what's the best looking game out there.

You can get look at games like Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsports 2023. People debate back and forth all the time on what's the best looking game out there. And you're the guy who said HFW will look like the PC version of HZD at ultra settings?

I would often see people share videos of HFW on Twitter and say it's the best looking game out, yet people would show up and say that it's not.

So quoting people from other sites doesn't mean much at all.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The coalition's new game, Hellblade, and Fable (turn10) will be the new graphics champions when they release. As Sony keeps releasing PS4 ports of TLOU that look the same and Insomniac's graphics seems to have peaked with Ratchet. Decima seems to be the only Sony first party engine that is actually producing next gen visuals.
Lol UE5!
They will run at 720p on Series X when they release.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm so confused why this thread has 7 pages of arguing. The game graphically looks great, we know how the gameplay is as it's a sequel. Any critiscism levied against this game will also have to be levied against the walking simulator known as Death Stranding 2.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm so confused why this thread has 7 pages of arguing. The game graphically looks great, we know how the gameplay is as it's a sequel. Any critiscism levied against this game will also have to be levied against the walking simulator known as Death Stranding 2.
I think it has more to do with the absurdity of statements like this.

Basically best looking game at the show and will probably dominate best looking game for this entire generation.

I don't mind people trying to plug for their preferred platform of choice but it at least needs to be some what realistic in its foundation.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
The first trailers looked really nice.
The thing is it's been so long since the first "gameplay trailer" that a bunch of games that look similar or better have already released.
Especially considering how this game's trailers "look good" by showing only poor illuminated scenes with tons of film grain, fog, motion blur and bokeh that will make our brains fill in the lack of actual detail.

It's like these screenshots of a game that already released:

18b69f0255be15647c4852a4f0ee8448e90e2980-scaled.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Spider Man 2 doesn't look like this most of the time, but Insomniac could do a demo reel made up of only stuff like this, at 30FPS with Spider Man walking slowly in poorly lit areas and monsters coming up to him from the shadows.

I hope Hellblade 2 comes out fine, but I'm not really anticipating it because I've been trying to like the first game for years. Started playing it several times on PC, on PCVR, on the Steam Deck and lately on Legion Go, but I can't find a way to become engaged in the esoteric stuff and inconsistent pacing.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The first trailers looked really nice.
The thing is it's been so long since the first "gameplay trailer" that a bunch of games that look similar or better have already released.
No game with these level of graphics has been released. The only graphically impressive games that have released this gen have been Horizon, Calisto and Demon Souls. Demon Souls for the environments and the other two for their character rendering. This look superior to all of them.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

Sorry, all I've seen for 4 years on this game is :

It reeks of a very closed corridor game.
Black bars like the orders 1886.
Too similar to hellblade 1.
Almost the same battles.
omnipresent blur that spoils the image quality.
The game is less beautiful than the reveal trailer.

It's pretty, yes, but there's nothing crazy about it, I need a lot more than that to be impressed. The matrix demo is also pretty, but there's nothing in it.

A game like GTA6 is impressive when you see the level of detail they've put into it, it's just mind-blowing, especially as it's a gigantic open world that will handle a huge number of things, unlike a corridor game.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
And you're the guy who said HFW will look like the PC version of HZD at ultra settings?
This again? Is this supposed to somehow mitigate my opinion on what a good looking game looks like? I see it often here from a small number of you as if it's some kind of weapon to use when there is nothing else you can argue about. Pretty tacky.

This is just another way of derailing the thread from the current topic and wasting forum pages with back and forth drivel.

So quoting people from other sites doesn't mean much at all.
Yes it does mean a lot. It means that my opinion is popular among the gaming community. If everyone is raving over AW2, then there must be some credence as to that opinion.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I don't mind people trying to plug for their preferred platform of choice but it at least needs to be some what realistic in its foundation.
When people talk about "domination" and other things like that, especially for best looking game or music I guess, it shows desperation and that sounds more like WWF type rants than video games\entertainment arguments.

Ms is gonna submit Sony to the most painful humiliation it has ever seen.
Xbox will come back next year and destroy Sony.
Phil is going to sit on the right side of god when they judge Jim for his actions in heaven.

This is a company that provides me with some gaming gears and games, I don't care that much... but the whole xbox domination approach is off putting. I mean, if they do good they'll do well, if they keep doing good and focus on the contents instead of the business and distribution models (gamepass & cloud vs actual games). Anyway, we have been over this a million times. xbox may have games in the generic sense, but they don't care enough about them as individual master pieces, they seem to want a list so they can give arguments in favor of GamePass, and they talk more about gamepass than anything else specifically.

This is like Sony doing tons of ads for PS5, but never having too much to say about specific games that you will want to experience on it, that makes no sense.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The combat looks dated. It's not going to have a lot of people jumping out of their seats.
But the skin shaders and rain look really good! ... I recall the rain at night in Far Cry 3, it looked great as well, with the trees flowing in the wind and the sound design.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
This again? Is this supposed to somehow mitigate my opinion on what a good looking game looks like? I see it often here from a small number of you as if it's some kind of weapon to use when there is nothing else you can argue about. Pretty tacky.

This is just another way of derailing the thread from the current topic and wasting forum pages with back and forth drivel.

It goes to show you that you tend to make ridiculous statements. Not only that, you agreed with a poster who said Sony keeps releasing PS4 Ports when reality they just released cross-gen titles. Anyone with a sound state of money would know that will not continue throughout the generations.

Do you think I should believe that you're a reasonable person? No.
Yes it does mean a lot. It means that my opinion is popular among the gaming community. If everyone is raving over AW2, then there must be some credence as to that opinion.
Many Xbox fans are going to agree with your opinion. Congrats! As I said, many people have different opinions.

You're going to have people using the Matrix Demo as the best looking game ever. You're going to have people saying it's Alan Wake 2. Considering there are a lot of Xbox fans out there, it's going to be easy to find people who agree with you.