Shawn Layden (Former PlayStation CEO) on Ghost of Yotei protagonist being a female: "Don't like it? Don't buy it"

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If you don't like it, don't play it?

Obligatory video:

Who's "we"?

You and the rest of your 696 friends who were playing Concord?
Are you fucking dumb? Did you not see me replying to someone hence I said "we'll enjoy it"... You're a grown ass man, quit acting like an idiot

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Are you fucking dumb? Did you not see me replying to someone hence I said "we'll enjoy it"... You're a grown ass man, quit acting like an idiot

And I asked "who's we", because it feels like your "we" tends to be this marginal amount of people who have no substantial meaning in the videogames market, and videogame executives are perhaps better off ignoring your "we" altogether.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
probably the 11M people who bought Spider-Man 2, that has even more woke stuff than Concord
I dunno why you even waste your time attempting to be rational. He was looking A dumb argument by being disingenuous.

Reactions: Ico

All Might

10 Jul 2024
probably the 11M people who bought Spider-Man 2, that has even more woke stuff than Concord
Spider-Man 2 is not that woke, it's just a couple of things. Like Baldur's Gate 3. If they were really woke they wouldn't have sold, like Star Wars Wokelaws, or Wokecord. Gamers have spoken, you guys are in denial.

• haha
Reactions: Nym

Ico

Banned
Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Spider-Man 2 is not that woke, it's just a couple of things. Like Baldur's Gate 3. If they were really woke they wouldn't have sold, like Star Wars Wokelaws, or Wokecord. Gamers have spoken, you guys are in denial.

bro i need you to play spider-man 2 then haha, there was a lot of people crying that miles morales is going to replace peter from now on, agaisnt his black and deaf gf, about black cat being lesbian, about pronouns, the side quests about gay couples, flags, A LOT

people just try to hide it conveniently bc proves that a good game will sell even if its woke, the argument is way too weak, when a woke game sell millions it was never woke, or it was bc the IP is too strong, but when a game fails its never about bugs, bad mechanics, only woke, its kinda hilarious

but its no matter, gamers have spoken, and they are on every website even asking about spider-man 2 dlcs lmao, you guys are in denial

Ico

Banned
Icon Extra
8 May 2024

also thanks for the amazing baldurs gate 3 example, im just watching people saying dragon age will flop bc you can make trans characters, but we just had a best seller rpg that also allow you to make trans characters, identify yourself as a non-binary, date whoever you want, basically all stuff that the woke-haters dislike, the customers really voted with their wallet and showed that the mass doesnt really care about this drama

• thinking_hard
Reactions: All Might

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Spider Man 2's wokeness isn't thrown in your face as much as in games like Concord or DA Veilguard. Peter Parker being replaced by Miles in this game could be interpreted as the OG Spider Man riding into the sunset and a much deserved happy ending, something which the comics never really allowed Peter to have.
I don't remember anything about pronouns in the game and Black Cat keeps hitting on Peter in this game.

also thanks for the amazing baldurs gate 3 example, im just watching people saying dragon age will flop bc you can make trans characters, but we just had a best seller rpg that also allow you to make trans characters, identify yourself as a non-binary, date whoever you want, basically all stuff that the woke-haters dislike, the customers really voted with their wallet and showed that the mass doesnt really care about this drama
BG3 has hot chicks as romanceable companions and there's no "top surgery scars" in the character creator which ended up being the straw that broke the camel's back for many people. Also, the characters aren't all fugly with giant heads and you can create a character with large boobs and ass. Unlike all the other studios, Larian never demonized the male gaze in any of their previous games, and BG3 isn't an exception.
This is one of the wives you can choose from, in Divinity Dragon Commander.

1727719974093.jpeg

Veilguard's character creation tool is simply a self-insertion of the game's director, a trans woman. It was also claimed by them to be the most queer Dragon Age game ever, so expect the ridiculous character creation tool to be just scratching the surface on how inclusive this game is going to be. It'll be nothing like Baldur's Gate 3.

Ico

Banned
Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Spider Man 2's wokeness isn't thrown in your face as much as in games like Concord or DA Veilguard. Peter Parker being replaced by Miles in this game could be interpreted as the OG Spider Man riding into the sunset and a much deserved happy ending, something which the comics never really allowed Peter to have.
I don't remember anything about pronouns in the game and Black Cat keeps hitting on Peter in this game.

man the backpedaling now that spider-man 2 sold well is beautiful, cant believe insomniac put the culture wars to the ground and sucker punch is going for the killing blow lmao, funny thing is that black cat doesnt even interact with peter that much lmfao, she is on a miles morales quest talking about her new girlfriend, but im not surprised, im always proving in this forum that cultural warriors dont play video games

The Office No GIF

BG3 has hot chicks as romanceable companions and there's no "top surgery scars" in the character creator which ended up being the straw that broke the camel's back for many people. Also, the characters aren't all fugly with giant heads and you can create a character with large boobs and ass. Unlike all the other studios, Larian never demonized the male gaze in any of their previous games, and BG3 isn't an exception.
This is one of the wives you can choose from, in Divinity Dragon Commander.

Veilguard's character creation tool is simply a self-insertion of the game's director, a trans woman. It was also claimed by them to be the most queer Dragon Age game ever, so expect the ridiculous character creation tool to be just scratching the surface on how inclusive this game is going to be. It'll be nothing like Baldur's Gate 3.

a scar was the straw that broke the camels back? when you can create a men with a vagina in baldurs gate 3? lmao, the truth is that you guys didnt had the strenght to boycot the game as the majority of the people doesnt really care! i know that DA will not be able to be woker than SM2, so im sorry that the facts ruins the fake narrative of you