Shawn Layden (Former PlayStation CEO) on Ghost of Yotei protagonist being a female: "Don't like it? Don't buy it"

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Problem come from who triggered the issue. Thos libral feminist white women and the people financing their movement will damage the entire world. Racism and hate is at its highest because of them.
The fact they are supported by people who market peace and commit genocides tells alot about them.
It actually doesn't matter who triggered... both sides are the same.
You hate them...
They don't like that you hate them and hate you back...
You don't like they hate you and hate them back...

Vicious cycle.
That is what destroy the industy.
Not having games that doesn't fit your ideals.
A health gaming industry should have games to all ideals.

Why can't you buy the things you like and they buy the things they like?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Right, listen up, people, things are getting way to heated.

We already edited out dozens of comments in another thread and this is going the same way.

Firstly, the personal insults need to stop; I mean this, calling people a slow fuck or using terms like degenerate tears to describe a person's actions. IT STOPS NOW.

I do not care whose side of the argument you are on; this way of talking to one another is not right and it ends as of now.

People will take an extended holiday vacation if there are more insults like this.

Discuss the topic constructively; if you can't or feel the rage building up inside you, take a break and step away from the forums.

Reactions: Papacheeks

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I don't mind that he insulted me repeatedly lmao, water off a duck's back

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Problem come from who triggered the issue. Thos libral feminist white women and the people financing their movement will damage the entire world. Racism and hate is at its highest because of them.
The fact they are supported by people who market peace and commit genocides tells alot about them.
Well we are moving to Off-topic, but I will only say one thing to this matter: all these liberal feminist, organizations like Sweet Baby Inc, Black Rock, ESG moving political motivated agendas, are the creation of one group. They are responsible for all problems in the world: all the Stein, Druckmann, Baum, Berg, Gold and Timowitz on this earth. Every single time, for every major conflict in this rotten world.

Off-topic end.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You WANT more video game discussion? But are telling people to shut up if they have negative things to say? You might be a bit confused.
Attempting to twist my words out of context now? Why am I not surprised to see this.

But let me leave this alone as well before a mod jumps in here again to claim oh people are being insulted 😱

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Attempting to twist my words out of context now? Why am I not surprised to see this.

But let me leave this alone as well before a mod jumps in here again to claim oh people are being insulted 😱

Words: "Shut the fuck up and move on"
Context: people talking about why they aren't interested in a game
Zomb's interpretation of "shut the fuck up and move on": "[you] are telling people to shut up if they have negative things to say"

Looks like he nailed it tbh

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022

There's no context that saves you from this. You want people to shut up about the new Ghost game if they have nothing positive to say but you also want people to talk more video games than they do politics. I didn't insult you and you didn't insult me, so need for mods, just a question which you truly prefer... discussion even if it's sometimes negative... or we just don't talk video games if we're going to be negative?

• brain
Reactions: Nym

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There's no context that saves you from this. You want people to shut up about the new Ghost game if they have nothing positive to say but you also want people to talk more video games than they do politics. I didn't insult you and you didn't insult me, so need for mods, just a question which you truly prefer... discussion even if it's sometimes negative... or we just don't talk video games if we're going to be negative?
I'm not always positive here on the forum, I don't care if people are negative or whatever here nor there to me. Do I think the reaction to this Ghost situation is dumb? Absolutely

Does it warrant the uproar without seeing the actual game or knowing anything about the game? No!

Should Sucker Punch be giving the grace to prove themselves? Yes!

Do I support what I said in this thread regarding my co-sign of what Shawn Layden said? Yes!

Cash is king, if you don't like it, don't support it. Endless bitching that will ensue for months till the game is released over a productil you're not gonna support... Is dumb, move the fuck on.

That's my stance!

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
I'm not always positive here on the forum, I don't care if people are negative or whatever here nor there to me. Do I think the reaction to this Ghost situation is dumb? Absolutely

Does it warrant the uproar without seeing the actual game or knowing anything about the game? Yes

Should Sucker Punch be giving the grace to prove themselves? Yes

Do I support what I said in this thread regarding my co-sign of what Shawn Layden said? Yes!

Cash is king, if you don't like it, don't support it. Endless bitching that will ensue for months till the game is released over a productil you're not gonna support... Is dumb, move the fuck on.

That's my stance!
Okay then it's a stupid stance, moving on.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I don't care if people are negative or whatever here nor there to me

The other day I saw some people talking about something I disagree with, and I didn't care so much that I walked over to them and told them to shut the fuck up and move on. They looked at me funny but I got the best of that exchange I think.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The other day I saw some people talking about something I disagree with, and I didn't care so much that I walked over to them and told them to shut the fuck up and move on. They looked at me funny but I got the best of that exchange I think.
Why the fuck are still on my comments? man hop the fuck off and do something else on the forum, for fucks sakes. Lmao

I Ignored your previous reply and you're still here. @Sircaw tell this person to avoid my posts

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Shawn is right here. If you don't like a game or what they did with it, don't buy it. If you like it, buy it.

They can afford fails like Destruction All Stars, Forspoken, Concord or Suicide Squad from time to time, but they analyze the metrics and at some point they'll connect the dots and learn what their customers want and don't want.

And well, I assume that in the long term they'll notice that a ton of people doesn't like to see their favorite characters being removed because of their gender, skin color or sexuality due to woke DEI censorship.

This inclusion bs needs to stop.
I think part of the issue is to keep calling it "diversity", "equality" or "inclusion". It's like when they say that are "bringing freedom and democracy" to a country by massively bombing it and taking down their government to replace it with their puppet, who allows them to loot the resources of the country. And while at the same time in the shadow they pump and radicalize the most extremist and dangerous group of the area to ensure the country falls into chaos.

What DEI really means is to discriminate people from a certain gender, skin color and sexuality for hirings and promotions in terms of HR, or to apply the related censorship in terms of game content.

Maybe instead of calling it Diversity, Equality and Inclusivity we should call it Discrimination, Censorship and Propaganda.

Last edited: