Shawn Layden (Former PlayStation CEO) on Ghost of Yotei protagonist being a female: "Don't like it? Don't buy it"

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Why are you asking me I didn't call anyone woke
How would I know your opinion? Your last post was in August, I just assumed you agreed with your boyfriend Nym.

It's sad how so many people here are dismissing the sequel to GOT and Sucker Punch latest game because the protagonist is a female.

And we have the reputation to be the worst Sony fanboys on the internet. With fans like this they don't need haters 🤡

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
How would I know your opinion? Your last post was in August, I just assumed you agreed with your boyfriend Nym.

It's sad how so many people here are dismissing the sequel to GOT and Sucker Punch latest game because the protagonist is a female.

And we have the reputation to be the worst Sony fanboys on the internet. With fans like this they don't need haters 🤡

I think the guy telling people to be nice or not talk at all is like if a lame teacher from back in the '50s was a poster here. Don't care one way or the other about the game, that kinda commentary is weak shit.

Console warring barely comes into play here, are people going to go Nintendo instead where you play as Zelda now or XBOX with mental illness simulators like Hellblade 2? They're all doing the same shit, that's why people notice this, it wasn't a big deal when it was Lara Croft, Samus, whoever else, not just because they were done better but because it wasn't EVERY FUCKING GAME. But yeah, let's be better SONY ballwashers and just be happy they gave us anything.

• they're_right_you_know
  • brain
Reactions: Nym and Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

For sure, not many, actually just very few.
3 people? Out of nearly 1300.

Problem, you can't fucking comprehend what is being said and dismissingly slapped on the title "dismissive" while non of them said anything like that, including me. Suddenly it is "many".

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
It's sad how so many people here have no pattern recognition.
I'm sure this game with a gender-swapped lead character will not be a failure like all of the others because reasons!

If you disagree, you're an Xbox loving, Sony hating, bigot, racist, homophobe.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm sure this game with a gender-swapped lead character will not be a failure like all of the others because reasons!

It's sad that we can make such opinions on a piece of software that was just announced without needing to play it to make up our minds.

I for one loved GOT and loved recent SHOGUN show. I will wait till I play the game to pass judgment as Sucker Punch have proven with their track record to make quality games with male and female protags.

But please continue on making assumption without any proof outside of a trailer showing the title and lead character.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
it wasn't a big deal when it was Lara Croft, Samus, whoever else, not just because they were done better but because it wasn't EVERY FUCKING GAME. But yeah, let's be better SONY ballwashers and just be happy they gave us anything.

So we're Sony ballwashers if we don't mind playing as a female protagonist?

Don't you realize you're going too far the other way? We don't know anything about Atsu yet. The voice actress is not the character.

The anti-woke are losing it, even Anita Sarkeesian never went that far with the hate. Chill.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
It's sad that we can make such opinions on a piece of software that was just announced without needing to play it to make up our minds.

I for one loved GOT and loved recent SHOGUN show. I will wait till I play the game to pass judgment as Sucker Punch have proven with their track record to make quality games with male and female protags.

But please continue on making assumption without any proof outside of a trailer showing the title and lead character.
Anyone with a Brain could see concord was going to be shit, likewise justice league, fair game, cyberpunk, anthem...the list goes on. To turn a blind eye and willing believe everything will be fine is dumb.

I loved Dragon age 1. That doesn't mean 2, inquisition or veil guard can't be shit. ME1 was great, 3 was shite. TLoU 1 was great, 2 was shite. Spiderman 1 was great...if you can't see the pattern, see a Dr.

I, and many others, will continue to make correct statements of games that turn out shite. Enjoy keeping your head in the sand while smoke slop are blown up your arse.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Where did I say playing as a female is bad? It would be fucking retard to say such things when Tomb Raider and Pandemonium were great Playstation games. Head hunter and urban chaos were great, Grey matter is one of my favourite games of all time. Beyond good and evil, Enslaved, the longest journey...female protags all and all great games.

If you can't separate the red flags and alarm bells from sexism and bigotry, maybe you're the one that's stuck on the woke/anti-woke tramlines.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Anyone with a Brain could see concord was going to be shit, likewise justice league, fair game, cyberpunk, anthem...the list goes on. To turn a blind eye and willing believe everything will be fine is dumb.

I loved Dragon age 1. That doesn't mean 2, inquisition or veil guard can't be shit. ME1 was great, 3 was shite. TLoU 1 was great, 2 was shite. Spiderman 1 was great...if you can't see the pattern, see a Dr.

I, and many others, will continue to make correct statements of games that turn out shite. Enjoy keeping your head in the sand while smoke slop are blown up your arse.

I will say this it's first showing on CONCORD I thought the intro story video was well done with super well animated co-cap performances and i saw some decent shooting in gameplay. SO I downloaded the beta and made my own judgement.

Like everyone else did.

Ghost of Yotei literally doesn't come out till next year and we've seen nothing. I still will wait to make judgement.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
I will say this it's first showing on CONCORD I thought the intro story video was well done with super well animated co-cap performances and i saw some decent shooting in gameplay. SO I downloaded the beta and made my own judgement.

Like everyone else did.
The opening cinematic painted a picture of a fun, popcorn action game. When it was announced as a hero shooter I knew it would be shit and would bomb. I didn't need to download a beta to see what was plain Infront of me. I appreciate some people are a little slow.
Ghost of Yotei literally doesn't come out till next year and we've seen nothing. I still will wait to make judgement.
Cyberpunk was going to be terrible before we saw anything.
Anthem, new battlefields, new star wars, new mostly anything. If you need more confirmation than a trailer and history to show the game will probably be terrible then you do you. There's nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution.
It doesn't make those who come to that conclusion quicker, stupid or incorrect.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022

Don't you realize you're going too far the other way? We don't know anything about Atsu yet. The voice actress is not the character.

The anti-woke are losing it, even Anita Sarkeesian never went that far with the hate. Chill.

You can play whatever you want but you're making it sound like anyone on this forum not being excited is lowering the PS fanboy status of the forum as a whole or something, lol.