Shirrako: Until Dawn Remake is a technical mess

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
Now we know why Sony doesn't want to continue working with the developer and the last trailers were only published on the YouTube channel. I've seen almost no marketing for it so far.

I'm still curious to hear what others have to say. Noisy Pixel also downgraded Spider-Man 2 because of technical problems and bugs, and many people had no problems. I only had one bug myself, which could be fixed by reloading the checkpoint, so I was surprised to read about other people's experiences.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
jeremy-clarkson-top-gear.gif

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Other than just creating a PS5 version port to go along with a PC port, there is bo reason this game should have been changed or alter. For god sakes if they want to rerelease something, how about the trilogies on PS3 for PS5/PC. People would buy those
They added new content! Also ps3 games would require more work and unless they have a sequel or some other adaption that could benefit from the cross media marketing ps3 remasters probably wouldn't be cost effective for most games.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
So I guess one studio less on the M&A list.
Genius moment of Hermen Hulst: "Let’s remake still perfectly fine looking PS4 games on PS5!"
Pretends to forget Bloodborne.
Hermen Hulst must go.

LOL... you have the worst takes.

Until Dawn was a PS3 game that ended up on PS4. It is not "perfectly fine" and no money would be made off of a movie releasing and this being the only game available to buy.

A studio with former people who worked at Supermassive wanted to make this game.

Sony doesn't own FromSoftware and can't force them to make a Bloodborne remaster.

But somehow that is Herman Hulst's fault? Laughable.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
LOL... you have the worst takes.

Until Dawn was a PS3 game that ended up on PS4. It is not "perfectly fine" and no money would be made off of a movie releasing and this being the only game available to buy.

A studio with former people who worked at Supermassive wanted to make this game.

Sony doesn't own FromSoftware and can't force them to make a Bloodborne remaster.

But somehow that is Herman Hulst's fault? Laughable.
Dude you're not one to talk. You're defending every thing Sony does but saying I am delusional lol. That's exactly why Sony does feel strengthened in their dumb decisions and you're one of the reasons they can do this.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Dude you're not one to talk. You're defending every thing Sony does but saying I am delusional lol. That's exactly why Sony does feel strengthened in their dumb decisions and you're one of the reasons they can do this.

I'm defending everything Sony does? I literally created a topic calling out this game as a disaster a week ago...

The problem is you have no idea what you're talking about.

What do you do for a living?

Do good decisions always have good results? Do bad decisions always have bad results?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Chat GPT v 1.0 coming in to defend a boondoggle of a game like until dawn, Why am I not surprised. The shitty b grade film will flop in the same vein as this shitty unwanted remake but the AI chatbot will come up with inane bullet points about how the remake makes sense

Reactions: Bryank75

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I thought Ballistic Moon, a studio full of Supermassive staff remaking a Supermassive developed game wouldn't be a risk. Ballistic Moon are either mismanaged or are shit developers. Either way their name is mud.