Shirrako: Until Dawn Remake is a technical mess

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Miyazaki's hands are literally tied, Sony owns Bloodborne's IP and Japan Studio is literally gone, who is going to pick up Bloodborne if Sony doesn't wake the fuck up and do it themselves? Miyazaki was the director of Bloodborne, he doesn't control the game, Sony owns the IP, they killed the studio that co-developed it and were the ones who actually approached FromSoftware about it in the first place. Quit pointing your fingers at anyone other than Sony, who is responsible for the game's metaphorical death.

Nioh 1 and 2 both got PS5 versions. These are complex situations that we're not fully aware of. Japan Studio was also involved with Nioh, but that didn't stop it from coming to PS5.

I don't see many developers from Japan Studio in the credits of Bloodborne. That is likely not the reason why Bloodborne hasn't come out yet on any other platforms.

Partially, consumers are entirely too impatient here. If they REALLY wanted Bloodborne they should have supported Demon's Souls on PS5.

Either
A) Sony isn't interested in the IP.
B) They want FromSoftware to handle the remaster.
C) There are agreements in place that prevent them from continuing the franchise without FromSoftware and there are disagreements over money or IP control preventing them from moving forward.
D) Sony wants Bluepoint to do the remaster and either they are already working on it or they're prioritizing something else
E) Sony wants someone else to do the remaster and either they are already working on it or they're prioritizing something else

Sony's priority was to get all of their major IP on PC first. They've also clearly tested who can handle these ports to include Sumo Digital and Iron Galaxy.

If Bloodborne doesn't see release by the end of the generation and isn't a launch title on PS6, I think people will have more room for complaint, but to date I don't think there has been a franchise that is less popular than Bloodborne that has been ported to PC by a company BB fans would have wanted to handle this.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I mean i am completing fine with just PS5 release and think that should be an absolute. Overall until dawn is just an unnecessary one. Like you said its also not going to sell anything on PC
Making a game that won’t sell on console or PC & because it’s multiplat it can’t even be used to sell console. What a disaster. A waste of time & resource & will only bring negative pr do to the public ccu & likely poor performance on both PS & PC.

If PS wanted to remake/remaster a horror type of game & tied it to a movie should’ve been resistance. A resistance trilogy remake & it getting a live action tv show/movie would’ve been a better use of time & resources. At a ip standpoint resistance shit on until dawn & you can fundamentally do more w the universe of resistance & the aliens then until dawn

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Likely why they received lay offs & a until dawn 2 is rumored to being made at Firesprite & not Ballistic moon
Supermassive was no different when developing the original that's why Guerrilla Games had to step in and support

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I was, obviously, not the first person to ask Miyazaki about returning to Bloodborne or making a sequel; just a few months ago he that FromSoftware doesn't own the IP rights. "Unfortunately, and I've said this in other interviews, it’s not in my place to talk about Bloodborne specifically," he answered at the time.

I tried a slightly different approach: making myself the sacrificial lamb. I said I'd get in trouble if I didn't ask this question, then led off by acknowledging that I know FromSoftware doesn't own Bloodborne. But there are millions of PC gamers out there still holding onto hope, I said. Would he—Miyazaki—personally like to see Bloodborne come to PC someday?

CONCLUSION - Putting words into his mouth. In this case a PC port beg.
Literally no where does it put words in his mouth what are you on about? They straight up just asked him if he would like to, as other interviews have in the past.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nioh 1 and 2 both got PS5 versions. These are complex situations that we're not fully aware of. Japan Studio was also involved with Nioh, but that didn't stop it from coming to PS5.

I don't see many developers from Japan Studio in the credits of Bloodborne. That is likely not the reason why Bloodborne hasn't come out yet on any other platforms.

Partially, consumers are entirely too impatient here. If they REALLY wanted Bloodborne they should have supported Demon's Souls on PS5.

Either
A) Sony isn't interested in the IP.
B) They want FromSoftware to handle the remaster.
C) There are agreements in place that prevent them from continuing the franchise without FromSoftware and there are disagreements over money or IP control preventing them from moving forward.
D) Sony wants Bluepoint to do the remaster and either they are already working on it or they're prioritizing something else
E) Sony wants someone else to do the remaster and either they are already working on it or they're prioritizing something else

Sony's priority was to get all of their major IP on PC first. They've also clearly tested who can handle these ports to include Sumo Digital and Iron Galaxy.

If Bloodborne doesn't see release by the end of the generation and isn't a launch title on PS6, I think people will have more room for complaint, but to date I don't think there has been a franchise that is less popular than Bloodborne that has been ported to PC by a company BB fans would have wanted to handle this.
Um, isn't Nioh (the IP) owned by Koei-Tecmo?

Sony isn't interested in the IP yet they cease and desisted the fan-made, entirely free, nonprofit, Bloodborne Kart which had to be renamed to avoid legal trouble. They have time to threaten to sue fans but none for the actual game?

FromSoftware wants to do said remaster, it is on Sony as to why it hasn't been brought up.

I'm not sure what to say here, Miyazaki isn't opposed to it, the producer wants to port it to PC, Sony is the one who owns the IP, what more is there to say?

If that is the case, that would be the best secret that hasn't been leaked, but something that big I feel like would have been leaked already.

They want to make money on PC and outright ignore what PC has been saying would make them money for years. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

It just makes me think of the smiling friends CEO in that one episode. "It's MY IP to do sit on and do NOTHING with!"

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Um, isn't Nioh (the IP) owned by Koei-Tecmo?

That's my point. The IP is owned by KT, but the games were published by Sony outside of Japan. The dynamic with Bloodborne likely makes things more complicated. If Sony sold Bloodborne to FromSoftware, I'm sure we'd see more Bloodborne sooner. I bet From forced Namco Bandai to sell them Elden Ring.

Sony isn't interested in the IP yet they cease and desisted the fan-made, entirely free, nonprofit, Bloodborne Kart which had to be renamed to avoid legal trouble. They have time to threaten to sue fans but none for the actual game?

Who said they weren't interested in the IP?

FromSoftware wants to do said remaster, it is on Sony as to why it hasn't been brought up.

Have you ever seen an actor say they wanted to do a movie but they don't do the movie? At the end of the day it comes down to money.

I'm not sure what to say here, Miyazaki isn't opposed to it, the producer wants to port it to PC, Sony is the one who owns the IP, what more is there to say?

When did Sony say they were opposed to it. All evidence suggests that they aren't, including the remaking of Demon's Souls.

If that is the case, that would be the best secret that hasn't been leaked, but something that big I feel like would have been leaked already.

Can you tell me what Bluepoint is working on right now?

They want to make money on PC and outright ignore what PC has been saying would make them money for years. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

It just makes me think of the smiling friends CEO in that one episode. "It's MY IP to do sit on and do NOTHING with!"

Like I said, it's more complicated than that. That's how consumers like to oversimplify things and place blame without knowing the details.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just watched a couple of videos of Until Dawn Remake.

No way is it worse than the original which ran at 30fps and dipped to the 20-25fps range many times.

The remake looks much better. Looks a solid 30fps.

Suggest people take one persons tweet with a pinch of salt before making judgements.

Let’s wait till the game is tested.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
So, it isn't a mess afterall?

It’s not at all.

It looks better than the original and doesn’t run worse.

Funnily enough the guy who tweeted this has the full game on his Youtube channel.

It is 4K 60fps.

Did he even play the original?

Spoiler Full Game

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperPotato

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It’s not at all.

It looks better than the original and doesn’t run worse.

Funnily enough the guy who tweeted this has the full game on his Youtube channel.

It is 4K 60fps.

Did he even play the original?

Spoiler Full Game

The video is encoded to 60 fps, the game itself is 30 and drops below it consistently. Lets not try to sweep away this remakes performance problems. The game struggles to hit 30 consistently, this is what Sony thought is acceptable to launch and charge 60$ for. The game is a walking simulator like lulblade 2 and if that game got trashed for 30 fps then this turd should as well.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The video is encoded to 60 fps, the game itself is 30 and drops below it consistently. Lets not try to sweep away this remakes performance problems. The game struggles to hit 30 consistently, this is what Sony thought is acceptable to launch and charge 60$ for. The game is a walking simulator like lulblade 2 and if that game got trashed for 30 fps then this turd should as well.

Not worse than the ORIGINAL is it then?

The whole point of this thread.

Let’s wait till the tests are done.