Shirrako: Until Dawn Remake is a technical mess

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Idk if you can fully blame the PC moneybag on this one, this is the game running on PS5, it's just a shit remake.
I just mean that the only reason they remade it at all was because they wanted to port it... There was no need at all for anything but a free update to bring performance and resolution up.

Job done.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
More like you WANT it on PC.

Typical port begging.

Bloodborne hasn’t even got an remaster or remake for the PS5 and you think PC is next in line?

Even coming to theorise that Miyazaki wants it but can’t say it cause Sony will get mad.

What is making Sony so mad not to port it to PS5?

Talk sense.
Its literally in several interviews, stay mad about the truth. Who was to say Bloodborne wouldn't be remade for PS5 while releasing that remake for PC as well?

You're so angry for zero reason, do you want me to prove it to you?

Edit Here it is

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Its literally in several interviews, stay mad about the truth. Who was to say Bloodborne wouldn't be remade for PS5 while releasing that remake for PC as well?

You're so angry for zero reason, do you want me to prove it to you?

Edit Here it is

Ah PCGamer.

The interviewer literally put words in his mouth. Literally a PC port beg.

I was, obviously, not the first person to ask Miyazaki about returning to Bloodborne or making a sequel; just a few months ago he that FromSoftware doesn't own the IP rights. "Unfortunately, and I've said this in other interviews, it’s not in my place to talk about Bloodborne specifically," he answered at the time.

I tried a slightly different approach: making myself the sacrificial lamb. I said I'd get in trouble if I didn't ask this question, then led off by acknowledging that I know FromSoftware doesn't own Bloodborne. But there are millions of PC gamers out there still holding onto hope, I said. Would he—Miyazaki—personally like to see Bloodborne come to PC someday?

Miyazaki is so keen to port it to PC yet hasn’t even bothered patching the SONY PS4 version which is stuck at 30fps with frame pacing issues or ported to SONY PS5.

All Sony’s fault who won’t let him do it.

Like I said earlier. Talk sense.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
This felt like a job interview for Ballistic Moon and they shat the bed. Imagine if they developed Until Dawn 2 as their first opportunity...Jesus Christ.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Hermen Hulst seal of approval
Total cunt

How does a 1st party release one of their cherished games like this on their own platform?!? Let’s hope it’s BS, otherwise this is a Red Flag to the max.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
well thats one piece of shit down, next stop 31st october and 14th november for the shits and giggles. next year is yotei and whatever gaas herman farts out

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Other than just creating a PS5 version port to go along with a PC port, there is bo reason this game should have been changed or alter. For god sakes if they want to rerelease something, how about the trilogies on PS3 for PS5/PC. People would buy those
How about PS3 games for PS5 remove PC.

What’s is until dawn on PC gonna perform any wise like peak 5K of there lucky? That’s a massive flop. Outside wasting time & resource these remakes & remaster that are solely being made for PC is bringing in more negative pr then good.

Can’t wait to see the articles on the until dawn ccu & more articles on how PS games are becoming less magical & that aura & prestige is being diminish. HFW selling 15 million less then Horizon ZD, GOW ragnarok selling less then GOW 2018 & Spiderman 2 selling less then Spiderman PS4 why get a game that used to be exclusive knowing it will go to your platform? Gamers gravitate to platforms where they can get as many games under 1 roof & that’s steam not the PS storefront

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Chat GPT v 1.0 coming in to defend a boondoggle of a game like until dawn, Why am I not surprised. The shitty b grade film will flop in the same vein as this shitty unwanted remake but the AI chatbot will come up with inane bullet points about how the remake makes sense
There’s no way they made a movie from a game no one ask for also there’s barely a fanbase to drive up the film & the remake itself is receiving mix to poor reviews. Wouldn’t be surprised if this game scored in the 70’s as a sloppy UE remake no one asked for.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

What’s is until dawn on PC gonna perform any wise like peak 5K of there lucky? That’s a massive flop. Outside wasting time & resource these remakes & remaster that are solely being made for PC is bringing in more negative pr then good.

Can’t wait to see the articles on the until dawn ccu & more articles on how PS games are becoming less magical & that aura & prestige is being diminish. HFW selling 15 million less then Horizon ZD, GOW ragnarok selling less then GOW 2018 & Spiderman 2 selling less then Spiderman PS4 why get a game that used to be exclusive knowing it will go to your platform? Gamers gravitate to platforms where they can get as many games under 1 roof & that’s steam not the PS storefront
Until Dawn is number 52 on Steam and it's out in a few hours.

5k peak is pushing it. Below 1k CCU is more reasonable, Sackboy and Concord level. They really thought they were hitting the jackpot with these failed PC ports 🤣

CCU threads will be glorious. All the articles mocking Sony and shitting on their brand. Hermen BDSM hero. I love it more garbage ports please 😋

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
What a big fucking waste of time, all yet again to chase this mystical PC moneybag.
PS better hope this game doesn’t review poorly as it will be another game that tarnish the PS brand & its first party prestige. The “PS games are no longer magical” & “PS games not doing well on PC” just adds more fuel into the narrative that PS games are overhyped etc.

This remake like Horizon & Days gone only exist for PC which funny enough is bringing more negative pr.

Even thoe Concord is trash if it was exclusively on PS it wouldn’t be that bash also ccu wouldn’t be public because there on steam. Fairgames will get the same treatment as concord with grifters looking at the Steam ccu & making videos calling Fairgames the “next concord”. At this point if Fairgames is special it would benefit it if it was exclusive to PS & building a community on PS & updating the game w content for a year then when it’s build it’s community/game w content release it on Steam or if you want PC day 1 release it on the PS PC launcher to keep ccu hidden. It’s just a disaster how PS is moving

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Ah PCGamer.

The interviewer literally put words in his mouth. Literally a PC port beg.

I was, obviously, not the first person to ask Miyazaki about returning to Bloodborne or making a sequel; just a few months ago he that FromSoftware doesn't own the IP rights. "Unfortunately, and I've said this in other interviews, it’s not in my place to talk about Bloodborne specifically," he answered at the time.

I tried a slightly different approach: making myself the sacrificial lamb. I said I'd get in trouble if I didn't ask this question, then led off by acknowledging that I know FromSoftware doesn't own Bloodborne. But there are millions of PC gamers out there still holding onto hope, I said. Would he—Miyazaki—personally like to see Bloodborne come to PC someday?

Miyazaki is so keen to port it to PC yet hasn’t even bothered patching the SONY PS4 version which is stuck at 30fps with frame pacing issues or ported to SONY PS5.

All Sony’s fault who won’t let him do it.

Like I said earlier. Talk sense.
Words in his mouth yet it was his interpreter translating what he said to the interviewer. You do understand how that isn't "putting words in his mouth," correct?
Miyazaki said "Obviously, as one of the creators of Bloodborne, my personal, pure honest opinion is I'd love more players to be able to enjoy it. Especially as a game that is now coming of age, one of those games of the past that gets lost on older hardware—I think any game like that, it'd be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past. So as far as I'm concerned, that's definitely not something I'd be opposed to."

That is quite literally saying he wants it to be ported to more platforms without deliberately saying that statement. On top of that, he also said this: "I know for a fact these guys want a Bloodborne PC port," which refers to FromSoftware producer Yasuhiro Kitao and interpreter Bobby Simpson seated at the conference table near him.

I get you have a vendetta against PC, but you can't claim they're lying about what Miyazaki said when it's his own words.

Miyazaki's hands are literally tied, Sony owns Bloodborne's IP and Japan Studio is literally gone, who is going to pick up Bloodborne if Sony doesn't wake the fuck up and do it themselves? Miyazaki was the director of Bloodborne, he doesn't control the game, Sony owns the IP, they killed the studio that co-developed it and were the ones who actually approached FromSoftware about it in the first place. Quit pointing your fingers at anyone other than Sony, who is responsible for the game's metaphorical death.

• haha

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Until Dawn is number 52 on Steam and it's out in a few hours.

5k peak is pushing it. Below 1k CCU is more reasonable, Sackboy and Concord level. They really thought they were hitting the jackpot with failed these PC ports 🤣

CCU threads will be glorious. All the articles mocking Sony and shitting on their brand. Hermen BDSM hero. I love it more garbage ports please 😋
I just don’t get why Herman & Sony/PS thinks these games do well on PC.

PC is 99% free to play & premium live service it’s similar to mobile. The top 10 games are live service & I haven’t check but I’m willing to bet top 20 on Steam are mainly if not all live service multiplayer game.

PC players don’t play narrative driven slow pace on the rail singleplayer. Remedy games perform bad on PC it’s not surprising.

Ratchet & Clank, Sackboy, Returnal, GOW ragnarok, Horizon FW, Concord, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4 all on PC flopped. The sales gained in PC doesn’t outweigh the damages & diminishment they get for no longer having exclusive & PS, Xbox, Nintendo & PC gamers no longer buying PS console rn & in the future to play PS games because they can wait & play it on PC or play it for free

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
if it was exclusively on PS it wouldn’t be that bash also ccu wouldn’t be public because there on steam
mate, this would just be hiding how poorly the game is performing. Concord didn't fail because some grifters and anti-wokes got angry about the "wokeness" of the game, it failed because it was an uninspired hero shooter that did nothing much to set it apart from the others that are free-to-play, such as Overwatch 2 in this instance.

The average consumer, would they pay $40 for a hero shooter, or play the free-to-play one that has been going for several years now?

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Well the first red flag was switching from Decima to Unreal Engine what kinda bone headed decision was that
Herman tried to get this quick PC port out getting ex massive game devs to make until dawn which will flop & review bad also the movie will bomb because who’s watching a thing no one ask for. I can bet Herman & PS were looking to buy these devs.

Idk why PS & Sony leadership are so allergic in buying & cultivating talent in Japan & Asia PS lost Sega & now Square. Metaphor, Stellar blade & wukong are Asia base games amazing goty tier games yet PS continues to ignore. It’s almost a joke PS a Japanese brand only has 2 Japanese studios while having over 20+ western/eu devs when western/eu devs/studios are costing a ton more then Asia base studios/games & the whole fiasco w woke agenda driven developers coming mainly from western/eu devs no Japanese or Asia devs

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
A PS5 version and then a Pro patch was all they needed to get the game back in the limelight. Millions down the drain just so they could justify a PC version. Idiots.

I'm getting the popcorn for the CCU thread so we can celebrate another PC failure 🤭
Peak 5k if there lucky but I wouldn’t be surprised at under 2k-3k

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023

I mean i am completing fine with just PS5 release and think that should be an absolute. Overall until dawn is just an unnecessary one. Like you said its also not going to sell anything on PC

Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
mate, this would just be hiding how poorly the game is performing. Concord didn't fail because some grifters and anti-wokes got angry about the "wokeness" of the game, it failed because it was an uninspired hero shooter that did nothing much to set it apart from the others that are free-to-play, such as Overwatch 2 in this instance.

The average consumer, would they pay $40 for a hero shooter, or play the free-to-play one that has been going for several years now?
Concord failed because it had no X factor but the numbers being public lead the public & casuals see the game as a uncool thing negatively effecting the perception of the game.

Concord performed worse then gollum. The conversation surrounding concord & all the woke/agenda driven culture war didn’t help the game nor it made people feel comfortable buying the game. I know many people here in the community & friends irl that thought concord looked ok but after the public beta & seeing the numbers canceled there pre orders because the game had a stench & it was seen a uncool game to play.

The woke/agenda grifting definitely help killed the game faster

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Words in his mouth yet it was his interpreter translating what he said to the interviewer. You do understand how that isn't "putting words in his mouth," correct?
Miyazaki said "Obviously, as one of the creators of Bloodborne, my personal, pure honest opinion is I'd love more players to be able to enjoy it. Especially as a game that is now coming of age, one of those games of the past that gets lost on older hardware—I think any game like that, it'd be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past. So as far as I'm concerned, that's definitely not something I'd be opposed to."

That is quite literally saying he wants it to be ported to more platforms without deliberately saying that statement. On top of that, he also said this: "I know for a fact these guys want a Bloodborne PC port," which refers to FromSoftware producer Yasuhiro Kitao and interpreter Bobby Simpson seated at the conference table near him.

I get you have a vendetta against PC, but you can't claim they're lying about what Miyazaki said when it's his own words.

Miyazaki's hands are literally tied, Sony owns Bloodborne's IP and Japan Studio is literally gone, who is going to pick up Bloodborne if Sony doesn't wake the fuck up and do it themselves? Miyazaki was the director of Bloodborne, he doesn't control the game, Sony owns the IP, they killed the studio that co-developed it and were the ones who actually approached FromSoftware about it in the first place. Quit pointing your fingers at anyone other than Sony, who is responsible for the game's metaphorical death.

CONCLUSION - Putting words into his mouth. In this case a PC port beg.