Shirrako: Until Dawn Remake is a technical mess

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
image.png

Is Sony just actually this stupid? Just proves my point that this port was an underpaid, rushed mess. Imagine going out of your way to get review bombed for having a PSN requirement, just to leave such an easy backdoor inside lmaoooo

• haha
Reactions: Exicide

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Sony owns the IP. Bluepoint made the Demon's Souls remake (another IP owned by Sony), not From.

No one is disputing that...

The point made was that it's a complex situation.

11 years in between Demon's Souls PS3 and Demon's Souls PS5.

Next year will be 10 years since Bloodborne PS4.

Sony could very well be planning a remake/remaster.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Never understood the Until Dawn hype and the push for more of it.

The same type of people who hype up Infamous despite it not selling super well. That being said it was part of a AAA horror explosion.

I get what Sony is trying to do here. The way Horror IP that can have success in gaming and movies.

If you do a catalog review of PlayStation IP, Until Dawn makes a lot of sense for TV/Movies. That makes remaking it also make sense.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Never understood the Until Dawn hype and the push for more of it.
Until Dawn is David Cage games done right. It is a great one and done with a different ending based on your actions or lack thereof. The problem is the quality games like Until Dawn and The Walking Dead Season 1 are as rare as hen's teeth. The genre is stuffed with middling shit.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Sony has just released Until Dawn Remake on PC and it appears that the PC version has numerous issues. While performance can be quite good, especially if you own an RTX GPU, the PC version has numerous features that are not working at all.

For starters, Ballistic Moon added support for Ray Tracing on PC. The devs have used RT to enhance the game’s reflections, shadows and ambient occlusion. However, the Ray Tracing settings are currently broken. Even when you enable them, the game does not appear to have any RT effects.

And that’s not all. Until Dawn supports NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3.0. And while NVIDIA DLSS 3 works like a charm, AMD FSR 3.0 Frame Generation is broken.

Finally, HDR is also not working in this title.

To be honest, I’m shocked by the amount of technical issues this game has. Alongside the aforementioned issues, Until Dawn took a VERY LONG time to compile its shaders when I first launched it. At times, it felt like the game had crashed and was not responding. And then you have a lot of visual artifacts. For instance, sometimes hair will look completely wrong. There are also some awful flickering environmental shadows.

All in all, Until Dawn feels like a game that was rushed to come out. In some cases, this feels like a beta. I really don’t know why the game was released in this state.

Last edited:

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024

Sony has just released Until Dawn Remake on PC and it appears that the PC version has numerous issues. While performance can be quite good, especially if you own an RTX GPU, the PC version has numerous features that are not working at all.

For starters, Ballistic Moon added support for Ray Tracing on PC. The devs have used RT to enhance the game’s reflections, shadows and ambient occlusion. However, the Ray Tracing settings are currently broken. Even when you enable them, the game does not appear to have any RT effects.

And that’s not all. Until Dawn supports NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3.0. And while NVIDIA DLSS 3 works like a charm, AMD FSR 3.0 Frame Generation is broken.

Finally, HDR is also not working in this title.

To be honest, I’m shocked by the amount of technical issues this game has. Alongside the aforementioned issues, Until Dawn took a VERY LONG time to compile its shaders when I first launched it. At times, it felt like the game had crashed and was not responding. And then you have a lot of visual artifacts. For instance, sometimes hair will look completely wrong. There are also some awful flickering environmental shadows.

All in all, Until Dawn feels like a game that was rushed to come out. In some cases, this feels like a beta. I really don’t know why the game was released in this state.
Didn't even know this game was coming out this soon what the fuck 💀