Shit looks amazing! 🔥Story Trailer 4 Spidey 2 @#SDCC, gives you 1st look @ Venom in action! Stay tuned for more! Spiderman plus Mary Jane new look!!!

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
In-game cutscene lighting vs gameplay lighting is almost always noticeable. FF16 is a perfect recent example of a game that looks fantastic in cutscenes but kinda dogshit when interacting with npcs in other ways. Horizon 2 implemented some new tech to mimick cinematic lighting.

I can notice it in every game honestly. Some are better at managing it than others. “In-engine” cutscene screenshots are like replay mode racing simulation screenshots… it’s bullshit

Improving this is something I expect this gen more than anything else.
Thank you! How come you guys haven't argued about this before. I know PS has some amazing looking games but reality is reality. @On Demand is in complete denial with everyone on this instead of acknowledging the truth.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Thank you! How come you guys haven't argued about this before. I know PS has some amazing looking games but reality is reality. @On Demand is in complete denial with everyone on this instead of acknowledging the truth.

Some games manage it better than others… I’d have a hard time finding such discrepancies in the PS5 builds of Ragnarok or Death Stranding but it definitely exists in TLOU2. First thing I noticed the moment I was actually able to control a character.

I mean I’m not gonna shit on a game for it. I feel like lighing is where I’ve seen the most improvement this gen over last.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Some games manage it better than others… I’d have a hard time finding such discrepancies in the PS5 builds of Ragnarok or Death Stranding but it definitely exists in TLOU2. First thing I noticed the moment I was actually able to control a character.

I mean I’m not gonna shit on a game for it. I feel like lighing is where I’ve seen the most improvement this gen over last.
The only major difference is LOD profiles in gameplay (much more pronounced on PS4 games) and curated lighting and animation for cutscenes. I've already posted gameplay screenshots of the Cutscene quality models in TLOU2

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The amount of nitpicking about graphics when it comes to sonys games is unhealthy.

Its not enough that all the first party games are head and shoulders above the rest of the industry they have to look twice as good as their other studios games lol

Why don’t we analyze jedi survivor, armored core, assassins creed mirage, etc. the same way? It’s like people notice how good their games are so they find ways to pick it apart or downplay it.

I saw people going nuts over the two armored core CGI trailers lol

On top of that we know the budgets for sonys AAA games are about a quarter billion dollars at this point, asking for anymore is just unreasonable.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I also find it hilarious how no one has complained about the ‘hero lighting’ in this game the same way they did for horizon