Shit looks amazing! 🔥Story Trailer 4 Spidey 2 @#SDCC, gives you 1st look @ Venom in action! Stay tuned for more! Spiderman plus Mary Jane new look!!!

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Another comment from our PS fellas on GAF about the new trailer:

KckfFiH.png

It's literally common knowledge that this is the case except here.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Can you point me to where I was comparing gameplay vs. gameplay?

I am always dumb-founded by the comments that cutscene and gameplay look the same across the board. lighting, shading, texturing, etc..

Here is a thread on reddit about it:

Whose talking about in game gameplay only? This is your original post

Why are we acting like cutscenes are a proper indicator of next gen graphics? They look 50% better than the actual gameplay in almost every Sony game these days and they are 2% of our actual experience playing these games...

What exactly is “50% better”? What are you quantifying that with? Cause that’s nonsense.

Sony first party gameplay graphics looks looks almost identical to their cutscenes. It isn’t a large difference at all.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Another comment from our PS fellas on GAF about the new trailer:

KckfFiH.png

It's literally common knowledge that this is the case except here.

That miles trailer doesn’t even look that much better and its fully CGI lol

Its clear some of you don’t actually like video games, you’re just searching for a feeling from childhood that mario 64 gave you or something.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Whose talking about in game gameplay only? This is your original post

What exactly is “50% better”? What are you quantifying that with? Cause that’s nonsense.

Sony first party gameplay graphics looks looks almost identical to their cutscenes. It isn’t a large difference at all.
Thank you. Dude literally move his goal post so hard made us look crazy

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That doesn't mean it renders like the gameplay.

52374374578_258728f838_o.png

The gameplay will never look as good as this cutscene. You can zoom in on that character in the game and she looks no where close to the quality of this cutscene. I really am puzzled why we are arguing about this when it's common knowledge. It's really bizarre.
We are in 2023 and people are still in denial about how good ND games look, just accept it mate.

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I’d take another Uncharted in a heart beat. Every time I play one it’s like I’ve been on an action adventure vacation.
Same but right now I need Naugty Dogs main team to make a new IP before we get another Uncharted or or TLOU. (Not including Factions 2)
Its been the same 2 ips for like 16 years now.

To me they are the best studio in the world so I want something new from them. If there 2nd/3rd studio or another studio made made it I would love that… I mean, Id be there day one if Naughty Dogs main team did Uncharted 5, Spin off or a Uncharted 1 Remake but Id much rather they give me something new and delicious

Reactions: Shmunter

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is the issue with Spider-Man vs e.g. Batman. Spider-Man lacks versatility in the character for varied gameplay.

Spider-Man is a high speed brawler and not much else, Batman is also a brawler, but also a detective, stealth and covert approach, slow and methodical, tech and gadgets, vehicles. So many more possibilities. Anything of this nature put upon Spider-Man would seem out of place, shoehorned.
Spider-Man is a scientist, an interdimensional traveler, a hero with countless versions of himself. The problem is Insomniac going with a very basic take.

A Spider-verse story would be the solution for varied gameplay. Insomniac went with young Peter and young Miles and their gameplay is still too similar.

Reactions: Shmunter

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Photomode uses the same lighting/shading as cutscenes. I'm talking about regular gameplay screenshots vs. cutscene screenshots.

To prove it, when I get home, I will take screenshots of actual gameplay and then cutscenes. I can't believe I actually have to do this..
No it doesnt, stop talking shit

Screenshot directly in gameplay:
20210812-143237.jpg

Screenshot with photo mode opened:
20210812-143251.jpg

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We are in 2023 and people are still in denial about how good ND games look, just accept it mate.
Bunch of bozos there are a specific group of Sony devs that cannot be touched in creating graphics showcases. ND were the only devs that did a live gameplay demo and devs and ppl couldn't believe that what they saw was playable and real time. That was during the Uncharted 2 presentation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Meaning it looks a lot better. We all have PS5s. We can all see the difference from cutscene to gameplay.

But they don't. That's the argument. Everyone else in the world can tell the difference except people here that insists there is no difference.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Bunch of bozos there are a specific group of Sony devs that cannot be touched in creating graphics showcases. ND were the only devs that did a live gameplay demo and devs and ppl couldn't believe that what they saw was playable and real time. That was during the Uncharted 2 presentation.
Happens every time, they don't get that it's the biggest compliment possible for a game, to not even believe it is real.

All the talk about fake animations, CG graphics turned out to just be the game as it was when released in 2020. Here we are in 2023 and very few games get even close to it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Meaning it looks a lot better. We all have PS5s. We can all see the difference from cutscene to gameplay.

But they don't. That's the argument. Everyone else in the world can tell the difference except people here that insists there is no difference.

There is no drastic difference from gameplay to cutscenes. You have no idea what you’re looking at in that regard. Or like I said you are just trolling.

Horizon is a perfect example. The character uses the same lighting as cutscene lighting.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
There is no drastic difference from gameplay to cutscenes. You have no idea what you’re looking at in that regard. Or like I said you are just trolling.

Horizon is a perfect example. The character uses the same lighting as cutscene lighting.
Beyond that ND, Sony Santa Monica and a few others are literally the best at seamless transitions from cutscene to gameplay. Do these ppl not know that exists? Where your watching a cutscene and there is a smooth transition to gameplay and you barely notice the difference because the use of assets are the same, graphics the same so it's just a smooth flow to gameplay.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
No it doesnt, stop talking shit

Screenshot directly in gameplay:
20210812-143237.jpg

Screenshot with photo mode opened:
20210812-143251.jpg
Can you put some red arrows to point the differences, because other than the camera angle (which would change how highlights are) I see no difference between those two screenshots, even the resolution seems to be the same (look at the jaggies on the cord of the bow).

Maybe in some other circumstances? Usually ND games use different quality modes for cut scenes.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
How is it that you are the only person in the world that declares this? I've sent plenty of links to back up what I said and yet, you have only talked about it being the same. No "drastic" difference means what? The lighting and shading are definitely better. That's the difference that most people see. I'm literally echoing everyone else on the internet so if I'm trolling then everyone else is also trolling.

I have HFW. Is there any other game you want to mention? I have Spiderman, God of War: R, TLOU Part 1, etc.. which other games do you say look "almost" identical so I can post the comparison screens?

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
How is it that you are the only person in the world that declares this? I've sent plenty of links to back up what I said and yet, you have only talked about it being the same. No "drastic" difference means what? The lighting and shading are definitely better. That's the difference that most people see. I'm literally echoing everyone else on the internet so if I'm trolling then everyone else is also trolling.

I have HFW. Is there any other game you want to mention? I have Spiderman, God of War: R, TLOU Part 1, etc.. which other games do you say look "almost" identical so I can post the comparison screens?

What do mean I’m the only person in the world that that says this? Plenty of people realize how close Sony first party can make their actually gameplay to real time cutscenes. This is not a new concept. Only green rats and PlayStation haters downplay Sony first party games. Their games are lauded for their graphics for a reason.

All first party games. You have Horizon and there’s your proof gameplay matches cutscenes, now you want to jump to something else because you’ve been proven wrong.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
In-game cutscene lighting vs gameplay lighting is almost always noticeable. FF16 is a perfect recent example of a game that looks fantastic in cutscenes but kinda dogshit when interacting with npcs in other ways. Horizon 2 implemented some new tech to mimick cinematic lighting.

I can notice it in every game honestly. Some are better at managing it than others. “In-engine” cutscene screenshots are like replay mode racing simulation screenshots… it’s bullshit

Improving this is something I expect this gen more than anything else.

Reactions: Frozone