Shit looks amazing! 🔥Story Trailer 4 Spidey 2 @#SDCC, gives you 1st look @ Venom in action! Stay tuned for more! Spiderman plus Mary Jane new look!!!

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I do think the sidequest should be more varied, have better storylines and involve more actual villains but im not trying to go get a haircut or play basketball as peter parker, im just not. The peter parker sections in the first game were a bore/chore.

Like, i can’t wait to take my car to get an oil change as peter parker lol

Naw man im trying to do spider-man things, keep the peter stuff regulated to story segments
This is the issue with Spider-Man vs e.g. Batman. Spider-Man lacks versatility in the character for varied gameplay.

Spider-Man is a high speed brawler and not much else, Batman is also a brawler, but also a detective, stealth and covert approach, slow and methodical, tech and gadgets, vehicles. So many more possibilities. Anything of this nature put upon Spider-Man would seem out of place, shoehorned.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Swolf712

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
This is the issue with Spider-Man vs e.g. Batman. Spider-Man lacks versatility in the character for varied gameplay.

Spider-Man is a high speed brawler and not much else, Batman is also a brawler, but also a detective, stealth and covert approach, slow and methodical, tech and gadgets, vehicles. So many more possibilities. Anything of this nature put upon Spider-Man would seem out of place, shoehorned.
Tell me you haven't read Spider-Man comics without telling me you haven't read Spider-Man comics.

Spider-Man literally does investigative work to track down criminals. Frequently. He's a stealthy tracker. Seen frequently. VERY much into the tech and gadget front.

You'd need to be UTTERLY unfamiliar with the character to have this take.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Tell me you haven't read Spider-Man comics without telling me you haven't read Spider-Man comics.

Spider-Man literally does investigative work to track down criminals. Frequently. He's a stealthy tracker. Seen frequently. VERY much into the tech and gadget front.

Right, let’s see a game make Spider-Man like Batman then.

They made us play as Mary Jane sneaking around in the original because they already knew gameplay needs to be varied somehow to get away from the same beat.

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Right, let’s see a game make Spider-Man like Batman then.

They made us play as Mary Jane sneaking around in the original because they already knew gameplay needs to be varied somehow to get away from the same beat.

There are stealth, puzzle and detective sections in spider-man already though

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I do think the sidequest should be more varied, have better storylines and involve more actual villains but im not trying to go get a haircut or play basketball as peter parker, im just not. The peter parker sections in the first game were a bore/chore.

Like, i can’t wait to take my car to get an oil change as peter parker lol

Naw man im trying to do spider-man things, keep the peter stuff regulated to story segments
I'm not asking for lame ass Peter sneaking missions. I'm trying to actually live the vibe of a secret identity super hero. No other iteration of Spiderman is 100% Spiderman. It is Peter Parker with an alter ego that he needs to balance

So make Peter Parker sections interesting. Make it so it's part of the open world, so I choose when to switch into super hero mode and it's not just a story beat. Make it so there is a world to explore as Peter putting on the illusion of being ordinary that is as interesting to explore as if it were a Rockstar game

If I'd compare it to anything Spiderman is like Hogwarts Legacy. Beautiful game. But that actual element of sandbox, choice, just aspect of the game in being a student is better done in games like Bully or even Persona.

Stop limiting what I can do. If it's something that makes sense that I could be able to do in an open world then make it happen. These games sell 30 million. They are close to pushing into Rockstar like sales territory if they put the proper ambition into the scope of options

• haha
Reactions: Swolf712

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Uh huh, yet I can get ingame shots like this

Photomode uses the same lighting/shading as cutscenes. I'm talking about regular gameplay screenshots vs. cutscene screenshots.

To prove it, when I get home, I will take screenshots of actual gameplay and then cutscenes. I can't believe I actually have to do this..

Last edited:

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Again, you're literally arguing against tech experts who pointed to many, many ways this game is an improvement over the last two, and in an old build.

Fundamentally unserious argument.
The argument is gameplay not looking like a cutscene. I know that SP2 will have some things over the last two.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I just pointed out to you a game that uses cutscene lighting with gameplay. Horizon Forbidden West.

Go away.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Yeah his post didnt make much sense to me, also creative ppl know how to add anything without seeming out of place. Spiderman possibilities are endless and the story arch. I mean they could literally go the "Cosmic power" route or grab something from "Spider verse" and ppl would go insane and gameplay would be super varied.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
ezgif-com-video-to-gif-6.gif

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Now you’re moving goalpost.
Can you point me to where I was comparing gameplay vs. gameplay?

I am always dumb-founded by the comments that cutscene and gameplay look the same across the board. lighting, shading, texturing, etc..

Here is a thread on reddit about it:

Last edited: