Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money?

Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They count on selling on playstation regardless. Great idea, make sure that there are zero consequences.
I just don't follow that logic...

They will have consequences on the other platform seeing they put effort to release games there without getting the expected results.
While on PlayStation they will continue selling very well and so when will take new decisions which platform they will drop?

Now imagine if because they put their games on another platform and it sells bad there... and at the same time they see that the PlayStation version sold bad too... what do you think it will happen? They will kill the franchise or not develop a new game for it because due they bad decisions they took a big hit financially... it can even broke smaller studios with that logic.

That is why I don't support it.
PlayStation should always sell the most across all platforms... that is how I know PlayStation will be always health no matter what dumb decision publishers do.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I just don't follow that logic...

They will have consequences on the other platform seeing they put effort to release games there without getting the expected results.
While on PlayStation they will continue selling very well and so when will take new decisions which platform they will drop?

Now imagine if because they put their games on another platform and it sells bad there... and at the same time they see that the PlayStation version sold bad too... what do you think it will happen? They will kill the franchise or not develop a new game for it.
Why should PlayStation gamers fund games for other platforms?

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I think a boycott is a double edged Sword.
Square Enix main audience for AAA JRPG is undoubtedly residing on PlayStation systems. KH, FF, Nier and Star Ocean are franchises which enjoy a wide popularity on PS. Therefore I doubt PS fans will boycott them. Boycott could lead them to even do more stupid decisions, like for example prioritising Nintendo for their next games. Boycott will leads nowhere imo. Anyway I see your point thou. The next sales reports/quarterly updates will not look better. Dawntrail will help them a for quite a period. Vision of Mana will like usually sell the most on PS. FF14 bombed hard on Xbox. Mana will also bomb. OT II will join the table of unsuccessful games on Xbox too. Therefore just wait until next Fiscal year report. They will understand at Square that Xbox + GP and Multi-platform publishing are not the solution they hoped for. Kiryuu seems to be much more naive than Matsuda. Matsuda did understand after a time that GP and ports on Xbox have zero ROI. Hence Matsuda even stopped bothering to release games on Xbox. Kiryuu will be the downfall of Square Enix. But it will take a while to see the consequences of tbe decisions felled by Square Enix. They are safe for the moment, they hdve like $1.5B cash on hand. Next Fiscal year report will be interesting.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Square going multiplatform is not going to change anything, It pains me to say this but Final Fantasy will never be a 10 million seller in its launch month let alone launch year. But I agree with the notion that if square thinks their games are of lamepass quality then who am I to question that, I will gladly do the 1$ trials that microsoft and square want. I will treat them with the same energy I treat sega with, anything on lamepass day 1 I ignore.

Reactions: Diah

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Now imagine if because they put their games on another platform and it sells bad there... and at the same time they see that the PlayStation version sold bad too... what do you think it will happen? They will kill the franchise or not develop a new game for it because due they bad decisions they took a big hit financially... it can even broke smaller studios with that logic.

I mean, arent they already going multiplat bc the games arent selling the way they want? If their IPs are on a bad streak they have 2 things they can do: kill the franchises now or expand to other platforms and see what happens... it cant go lower, unless playstation fans boycott a third party company for releasing multiplat games like every third party company does

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
third party company for releasing multiplat games like every third party company does
Its about releasing games day 1 on lamepass, You and I would be morons to buy ff17 at launch for 70$+ only for Phil's cult to also be able to play it at no extra charge

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why should PlayStation gamers fund games for other platforms?
I never cared about others platforms... I only care about PlayStation.
PlayStation games fund their own health ecosystem buying games.

Boycotts like people are saying here just harm the platform I play and that is why I so against it.

Square releasing games in others platforms never affected me as PlayStation gamer.
People stopping to buy Square games on PlayStation will direct affect me because can lead to Square not investing more in games that I like.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Its about releasing games day 1 on lamepass, You and I would be morons to buy ff17 at launch for 70$+ only for Phil's cult to also be able to play it at no extra charge
And Xbox dying due that.

Do you want PlayStation to die too?

It is pretty clear what Phil is doing is not sustainable for the game industry and they are already facing serious backslashes internally.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What do you mean by this? You’re funding the company to keep making games. Is this same question being asked for Capcom games too?
Capcom would never put their games on Game Pass and then ask PS gamers to pay full price to recoup budget 😉

They actually respect their audience and have pubicly stated they will go where the sales are.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Do you want PlayStation to die too?
Playstation won't die before Square and I sure as shit don't care if studios close or people get laid off, If they take microsoft money better hope what they get is worth it and then some because that is all they are going to get from me and many PS users at least.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
This is one of the silliest threads I've walked into all week. Boycotting won't change anything plus others have stated Squares known to bounce around between exclusives or multiplatform. They're just following their trend of back and forth. If they were serious about making money on their own they would've cut Xbox out and brought Nintendo back in. Besides we all know the only reason they may be attempting to bring games to them is the gamepass money once that dries up poof they're gone again. Steam, Playstation and Nintendo are that companies only saving grace right now.

26 Nov 2023
Capcom would never put their games on Game Pass and then ask PS gamers to pay full price to recoup budget 😉

They actually respect their audience and have pubicly stated they will go where the sales are.

Exoprimal and that new Goddess game is day one Gamepass.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
Man this place is getting dumber every day 🤦
I think I should consider deleting my account

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Btw you can buy OT with am active PS+ subscription for 39.99 bucks. I have purchased it. 40 is great price tag for OT.
Remember it has QoL improvements: 4K, 60 fps plus better audio quality.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Playstation won't die before Square and I sure as shit don't care if studios close or people get laid off, If they take microsoft money better hope what they get is worth it and then some because that is all they are going to get from me and many PS users at least.
I will try to put in another way maybe you understand...

At harm it will be for PlayStation users if Square Enix takes money from Microsoft to create new games for PlayStation?
Why I should do a boycott that will only harm PlayStation gamers?

Better... why I will do something that will only harm myself in the long run?

Reactions: Eternal_Wings