Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money?

Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I mean Octopath is a switch port that recouped its budget. But okay, so new IPs don’t count. Switch ports don’t count. Capcom is safe then. We don’t have to boycott them
That was never in question, thank you for figuring out the conflict of interest you created

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
That was never in question, thank you for figuring out the conflict of interest you created

whats is the deal being discussed here then? i feel that everyone is trying to discuss a lot of different points in this thread, can you give a clear answer?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
whats is the deal being discussed here then? i feel that everyone is trying to discuss a lot of different points in this thread, can you give a clear answer?
People's issue is simply Square asking for full price for a game while shoving it into PS gamers faces in the same press release both games are included in Game Pass??

There's branching conversations as is the case in threads, I'm not sure exactly how am I to answer your question?

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
People's issue is simply Square asking for full price for a game while shoving it into PS gamers faces in the same press release both games are included in Game Pass??

I see, thats actually the answer I was curious to get, since there was a lot of branching stuff.

But they did that with what game?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I see, thats actually the answer I was curious to get, since there was a lot of branching stuff.

But they did that with what game?
Octopath Traveler 1 being $60 on PS and a bundle for both being $75 but both are announced as being included in Game Pass lol

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Octopath Traveler 1 being $60 on PS and a bundle for both being $75 but both are announced as being included in Game Pass lol

I would understand the uproar if it was the next AAA release of KH or FF being day one on GP, but isnt this case a late gamepass announcement with recouped budget like you said earlier? Its not even that bad like the MH Rise case, since Octopath 2 is almost 2 years old

26 Nov 2023

Hey, I’m just trying to figure out if there’s any sort of actual logic being applied here to this question of boycotting Square. You say people are upset about PS gamers having to pay for Octopath but it’s on Gamepass, so again, why wasn’t there a call to boycott Capcom for MH Rise?

What exactly are people hoping to achieve by boycotting Square for putting games on Gamepass? Gamepass IS Xbox, that’s their model, people don’t buy games in that ecosystem. There’s games that are half the price on PC opposed to PS5. There’s dozens and dozens of games that are given out for free on EGS that you have to pay for on Steam. These are the dynamics of different platforms and ecosystems. We made the choice to invest in PS. If you feel it’s unfair then get a Xbox and sub to GP but wanting to campaign to hurt a company’s bottom line because they’re playing by that platform holder’s rules makes zero sense to me because then you don’t care about the games you care more about a platform.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
To add to this wtf is playstation doing with all the money they save by not bringing many games onto ps+, xbox has low budget buggy slop because they spend a shit ton on bringing games to gamepass but sony is spending on lego horizon fucking hell LOL

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hey, I’m just trying to figure out if there’s any sort of actual logic being applied here to this question of boycotting Square. You say people are upset about PS gamers having to pay for Octopath but it’s on Gamepass, so again, why wasn’t there a call to boycott Capcom for MH Rise?

What exactly are people hoping to achieve by boycotting Square for putting games on Gamepass? Gamepass IS Xbox, that’s their model, people don’t buy games in that ecosystem. There’s games that are half the price on PC opposed to PS5. There’s dozens and dozens of games that are given out for free on EGS that you have to pay for on Steam. These are the dynamics of different platforms and ecosystems. We made the choice to invest in PS. If you feel it’s unfair then get a Xbox and sub to GP but wanting to campaign to hurt a company’s bottom line because they’re playing by that platform holder’s rules makes zero sense to me because then you don’t care about the games you care more about a platform.
Was Monster Hunter rise a LATE port that PS gamers got YEARS after Xbox? Then they are told to pay Full price for sed late port? While Square flaunts it in the press release both Octopath games will be included in Game Pass but PS games must pay full price or buy a $75 bundle?.

Did Capcom do that with Rise???? Or are we gonna continue to do this strawmans attempt?

And yes I will speak with my wallet, my not giving them a dime. I hope their bottom line start hurting. Treat your customers with respect.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
To add to this wtf is playstation doing with all the money they save by not bringing many games onto ps+, xbox has low budget buggy slop because they spend a shit ton on bringing games to gamepass but sony is spending on lego horizon fucking hell LOL
PC ports and patches 😉

• haha
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Sony isn't Microsoft. They don't have infinite pockets to just throw their new games on a sub service. People here love to doom about PC releases but this would trully kill the brand.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Sony isn't Microsoft. They don't have infinite pockets to just throw their new games on a sub service. People here love to doom about PC releases but this would trully kill the brand.
Yeah I think they have the money to bring octopath 1 to ps+ at least, Octopath games are fantastic and deserve the full price but this lame thing of expecting 60$ while gamepass gets it is egregious. Don't tell me they don't have the money to bring a 3+ year old game on their service and moreover its not about octopath, this is about setting a precedent and will you keep the same energy if ff17 is day 1 on gamepass?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Yeah I think they have the money to bring octopath 1 to ps+ at least, Octopath games are fantastic and deserve the full price but this lame thing of expecting 60$ while gamepass gets it is egregious. Don't tell me they don't have the money to bring a 3+ year old game on their service and moreover its not about octopath, this is about setting a precedent and will you keep the same energy if ff17 is day 1 on gamepass?

This is what killed the Xbox console brand. Gamepass conditioned its own users to not buy games anymore.

And yes, I will keep the same energy because i'm not interested in gamepass or sub services in general. I prefer to buy my games.

Reactions: Diah

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They could afford bring EA FC to PS+ and extend it... They could afford Octopath 🤣

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This sense of having certain third parties pledging allegiance to the brand is deeply ingrained in the PS1 and PS2 days.

Those were 20/30 years ago. Third parties can release games wherever they want.
Its been before that and after it too. MS and Nintendo also for 3rd party exclusives