Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money?

Should PLaystation Gamers boycott Square Enix Games Now that Theyve Embraced Microsoft's Bribe Money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Stop crying about square enix and make that god damn astrobot pre order thread already :p

Reactions: Puff

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
SEGA-Atlus, Capcom, Square Enix, NIS America, Iffy's (aka Compile Heart), Aksys Games, XSeed Games... and even that sh**-tier publisher EastAsiaSoft, seems they all took the money.
Sad, very sad.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I’ve never thought of Final Fantasy (or any SquareEnix game for that matter) as a PlayStation title.

They literally started on Nintendo before there was even a PS1.

It’s their destiny to be multi.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
He means taking money upfront from a monopolistic corporation and in exchange keeping content away ftom their most loyal costumers. Deals where JRPG franchises are delayed and/or blocked from release on the platform where they are the most popular.

Maybe if Sony fans bought rebirth and XVI this wouldn't be happening

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Ill boycott if they start doing day 1 gamepass and release everywhere else full price. Not subsidizing for others. If its just releasing everywhere, no, would rather games get the most experience and fans
As I do with Sega now, I will not buy anything from Square unless it is priced right. If it's in Game Pass no sale from me.

I wish them the worst
You follow the golden rule, if it's ever on Gamepass you pay a maximum of $1 to play it, just give them what they want. Follow the way of the green rats and get the best deal in gaming. :ROFLMAO:

You do that for 10 games and it pretty much already paid for your PC if you are a PlayStation only player.
*Publishers devalue their own game by putting it on GamePass*

Publishers when other people also devalue those same games:

Surprised Meme GIF

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
I don't like what they're doing... BOYCOTTTTTT!!
Dc Comics Rage GIF by DC

NO it doesn't work that way. Either accept that one of your favorites will be also going to a competitor and still enjoy it (it doesnt affect the quality of the game) or be a narrowminded child screaming boycot and miss out on another iteration because of a non adult mindset.

Please piss right off with this cancel culture cancer.

Piss Off Lord Sugar GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Square is multiplatform. They didn’t take “bribe money” from Sony for FF16 or FF7 remakes? They weren’t exclusive to Nintendo after SNES or to Sony later on.

And they also mostly suck right now. From forspoken, babylons fall, star ocean … all middling trash. And of course FF16 was … terrible. Without the MMO they’d be in deep shit.

Outrage over marketing deals and or whining about low budget jank like Mana going to Xbox… who cares

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. It would literally push Square to make only xbox games. So do the opposite. Buy them so the xbox versions is always at 1% compared to PS.
The dumbest post I ever read, we should go out of our way to support SE and reward them for charging PlayStation player more.

You fanboys are something else, I bet you love paid, paid cloud saves and PC ports.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It’s their destiny to be multi.
Just like Sony own games.

I don't like what they're doing... BOYCOTTTTTT!!
Dc Comics Rage GIF by DC

NO it doesn't work that way. Either accept that one of your favorites will be also going to a competitor and still enjoy it (it doesnt affect the quality of the game) or be a narrowminded child screaming boycot and miss out on another iteration because of a non adult mindset.

Please fuck right off into orbit with this cancel culture cancer.

Piss Off Lord Sugar GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Releasing games day one on Gamepass don't affect the quality of the game? How naive. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to be SE bitch by paying full price for games that are included on Gamepass.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Absolutely not. The same for any devs. If the game is good and you want to buy it then do. Based on what we've heard sales have tanked on Xbox so if SE want to see if their games can find an audience, leave them to it. If there is too small an audience then SE may cancel those type of games in the future. As a business and SE is a business, it is their aim to sell to the widest possible audience and maximise profits.

FYI, Final Fantasy XVI could have been an Xbox exclusive. It was shopped to them as well as Sony. SE went with Sony as Sony wouldsend engineers to get the game out earlier. FFXVI is outside timed exclusivity for 6 months and is not out on PC. It speaks volumes to the work Sony's Xdevs do.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Just like Sony own games.

Releasing games day one on Gamepass don't affect the quality of the game? How naive. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to be SE bitch by paying full price for games that are included on Gamepass.
Can you prove anything you just uttered? Like actual facts that a gamepass launch impacted a game's quality? I'll wait.
Hurting sales has been mentioned but NEVER quality. Even hurting sales hasn't been proven in any way yet.

You're just repeating a gut feeling that others have spouted on the net. Not based on facts. Ergo dismissable.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Can you prove anything you just uttered? Like actual facts that a gamepass launch impacted a game's quality? I'll wait.
:ROFLMAO:

Are you serious? My proof is Xbox and Gamepass themselves and the ocean of garbage games and studio closures that derived from it.

If you want to purposely pretend something isn't happening it isn't our job to convince you of anything, keep thinking that releasing games on Gamepass is in anyway sustainable, not even MS believes in that anymore, otherwise why are so many Activision games not on Gamepass already?

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
How is Microsoft/Xbox money bribe money and Sony/PlayStation money not bribe money? I guess it's ultimately how you view PlayStation and Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yurinka

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
:ROFLMAO:

Are you serious? My proof is Xbox and Gamepass themselves and the ocean of garbage games and studio closures that derived from it.

If you want to purposely pretend something isn't happening it isn't our job to convince you of anything, keep thinking that releasing games on Gamepass is in anyway sustainable, not even MS believes in that anymore, otherwise why are so many Activision games not on Gamepass already?
That's still not proof. Still waiting.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
That's still not proof. Still waiting.
Keep waiting forever, nobody is going to waste their time with you. Enjoy all you high quality Gamepass games.

How is Microsoft/Xbox money bribe money and Sony/PlayStation money not bribe money? I guess it's ultimately how you view PlayStation and Xbox.
The difference is that you should put most of your fans in a position where it looks like they are being charged a lot more for the games.

Why would I pay $70 for a Persona 3 Reload when the game can be legally played for as little as a few dollars per month?