Should Sony exclude Xbox from crossplay on all titles?

Should Sony exclude Xbox from crossplay on all titles?

• Yes

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Only on some

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
They should but wont.

They re run by bunch of morons.

Anyway this s least of their wories. Judging by leaked stuff, their focus on pc, mobile,gaas growth...can literaly destroy them.

• sad
Reactions: Diah

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Thinking logically All console platforms should have cross-play for FPS / ARPG / MMO / Fighting games as it helps keep game alive longer.
Most games these days come with the option to turn it off anyways so i don't see the problem.
The only times it can be a bad thing is when you have cheaters in lobbies / games.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I never want to see cross play go. It’s a must for mp games. Just give me the option to do consoles only.

I also imagine those saying otherwise don’t play online games and just talking fanboy thru their ass.

You can’t even matchmake in 2042 without cross play. It’ll take an hour to get a lobby going if that for some modes… if at all.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
More than 1 or 2 PvP playlists will hurt games like 2042. They don’t have the population as a PvP only game to support a wide variety of modes. Matchmaking takes forever. Now take away cross-play and you have even less of a population to work with to matchmake. Wait forever, no matches found — functionally broken.

The era of tacked on multiplayer is dead and buried. Ya know… these games actually need continued maintenance and content to keep going. Mp games need large player pools to even have functional games.

Anything less than 100k players a day is a DEAD GAME.

Crossplay only sucks in PvP against pc players. The cheaters, the pin point accuracy and turning speeds of Mk&b are a no-go. Not crazy about input method based matchmaking since controller on pc still doesn’t rule out third world country pc cheater scum.

Hell, cross-play and cross-save (cloud saves) should be industry standard for online games.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Yes. Are you kidding me?
SONY had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to the crossplay table in the damn first place.

Now that MS's previous foreclosure strategy was laid bare, I say lop them off at the knees.

Reactions: Diah

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Of course, I never wanted crossplay and I don't even understand why they gave in to all the requests.
Perhaps the ONLY stance I liked of Jim's that I read about.

Paraphrasing, but "everyone says crossplay is soo good but can't explain why, and why it benefit to us? Eat our crumbs and like it".

Of couse then, it was crossplay180 and we got it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Jim Ryan

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No, players should be able to play with their friends wherever they are. And for matchmaking of competitive PvP games the bigger is the pool of players, the better. Because there will be more chances to find someone of your similar/same level connected close enough.

OP
OP
Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What the 'No' voters are missing is that by blocking Xbox, you would just send those players to PS5 or PC because there would be no community on Xbox to play with.

Yes, there would be some loss of players as the rare few Xbot diehards stay put, but accelerating Xbox's death is worthwhile.

imagepill

22 Dec 2023
earth
I really fail to see the benefit to trying to shutter Xbox from Crossplay. Genuine question(I'm really not trying to be a dick here) but do you have IRL friends who play games? My buddies from high school and workmates are all still on Xbox and have little interest in leaving for another platform. Being able to play with them is very nice. The last time I played games on Xbox was in 2017-2018ish, because no one at my school had a PS4. Crossplay letting me still play with those people was a godsend.