Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Take bloodborne and uncharted everything on ps4 is mid
leave The Last Guardian alone, but yeah PS4 had a lot of meh games.
I agree with most of that. Not sure if its delivered more than the last 2 though.
Console /Controller wise its the best. Games for me are lacking from 1st party, PS3-PS4 was alot more well rounded with smaller titles along with the big hitters.
PS4 gave us Bloodborne, Infamous, God of War 2018, Horizon, Spiderman 1, The Last Guardian, TLOU2, Uncharted 4, Death Stranding. With many more smaller titles. We havent even had seen 1 ND title let alone released one.
GoW, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima all came 5+ years into the generation. For PS5 that will be 2025 and beyond, and the cadence and quality should be even better.

We know what's in development now is a new Santa Monica IP, new Naughty Dog IP, new Bend IP, new Bluepoint IP, TLOU3, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Horizon 3, and a lot more. It's just a matter of time, we just have to be patient.

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Hype sells yes, but sadly with how horrible Xbox is, PS5 is pretty much the default option for 90% of consumers. Hopefully we get some announcements later this year, all the studios that are MIA need to start showing what they've been working on. Sony should get ahead of it before the GTA 6 news cycle starts.
Maybe with them missing their 25m target they'll turn on the hype machine. There is ample supply and announcing big games would definitely move more consoles, specially with the current state of Xbox. I don't care if they take 2 or 3+s years to release I just need that confidence to remain invested in the plataform. Up until now playing Final Fantasy Rebirth VII on release was serving that purpose to me.

2013~2017 was just an awesome time as a PlayStation fan, in a lot of ways just because of how good the upcoming games looked.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
leave The Last Guardian alone, but yeah PS4 had a lot of meh games.

GoW, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima all came 5+ years into the generation. For PS5 that will be 2025 and beyond, and the cadence and quality should be even better.

We know what's in development now is a new Santa Monica IP, new Naughty Dog IP, new Bend IP, new Bluepoint IP, TLOU3, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Horizon 3, and a lot more. It's just a matter of time, we just have to be patient.

Im looking forward to them. Hopefully we get them faster and faster. And dont have to wait 5+ years for there next games too. They need to communicate with Insomniac and get that same work flow management.

Driveclub was also great. And dont be dissing Infamous either lol.
And if your gonna come for the king. You better not miss…. The king being Knack…..

Id still say if we’re not including Cross gen games, PS4 was better. Games like Spierman MM, God of War R, Horizon 2, GT7 are all a apart of PS4’s legacy and collection. Demons Souls, Returnal, R&C, Spiderman 2 arent.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
2013~2017 was just an awesome time as a PlayStation fan, in a lot of ways just because of how good the upcoming games looked.
The communication, marketing, and vibes were 1000x better as well. Sony still had some funny/unique marketing tactics in the early PS4 gen, they've become SO sterile and boring this generation. Not a single memorable marketing campaign.... I feel like they've lost a lot of marketing power with the removal of "Only on PlayStation" 😕

Im looking forward to them. Hopefully we get them faster and faster. And dont have to wait 5+ years for there next games too. They need to communicate with Insomniac and get that same work flow management.

Driveclub was also great. And dont be dissing Infamous either lol.
And if your gonna come for the king. You better not miss…. The king being Knack…..

Id still say if we’re not including Cross gen games, PS4 was better. Games like Spierman MM, God of War R, Horizon 2, GT7 are all a apart of PS4’s legacy and collection. Demons Souls, Returnal, R&C, Spiderman 2 arent.
I wasn't really a fan of Second Son, it was decent but compared to Infamous 1/2 it was a huge step down. Graphics were beautiful, gameplay was solid, and I loved the setting but the main character is probably one of the worst protagonists ever in such a highly anticipated game. Knack is in a league of its own, I don't even need to mention it cuz we're all aware of it's unparalleled greatness 🤣

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The communication, marketing, and vibes were 1000x better as well. Sony still had some funny/unique marketing tactics in the early PS4 gen, they've become SO sterile and boring this generation. Not a single memorable marketing campaign.... I feel like they've lost a lot of marketing power with the removal of "Only on PlayStation" 😕
It can't even be compared, people going to the movies to watch conferences, conferences so good they are enjoyable to re watch.

I like the idea of State of Plays as a complement, specially the ones that focus on a single games, but overall it's just a poorly used format.

State of Plays should be once a month, no hype, going over new releases for the month, behind the scenes with devs, PS+ games, etc. Like a regular gaming TV show of the 90s.

Then one or two big E3 style conferences a year to recapture the glory of E3 days.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Lol at Knack comment.
I also preferred the first Infamous, one of the trailers was so good. But SS was still a good game.

Yeah the E3 years events showing God of War, or the previous year with Horizon, FF7, Last Guardian etc. I dont know how anyone can prefer now days or how management can think what they are doing now is better than before. Go back to that formula, its so much better.

The PS5 reveal was good. But then they just kept repeating the same games and not showing new ones, bar FF16. The amount of times they showed Death Loop and co was just weird. Bring back the old E3’s and Playstation experience

• they're_right_you_know