Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well PS4 had cross gen, LittleBigplanet 3, Hell divers, and Resogun were crossgen. Resogun and Helldivers were cross gen with PS3 and PS Vita and Helldivers also released on PC on the same year it released on PS4. Also don't forget in the late PS3 era Sony was selling PS1 games on the gaming xperia phone
Yeah but its bigger titles were defo not cross gen lol. Infamous, Uncharted, Bloodborne etc.
God of War, Horizon, GT7. And at the title, no PC exclusives in sight

• brain
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Oh, its coming in 2025. Thought it would be this year. Anyway, point stands for Stellar Blade

I thought Ready at Dawn was a PS studio because they were part of Santa Monica in some weird external way lol. I guess not. They'd made a few PS games.

Bloodborne was made along with Japan Studios, produced by a Japanese studios head whos unfortunetly left now :(

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yeah but its bigger titles were defo not cross gen lol. Infamous, Uncharted, Bloodborne etc.
God of War, Horizon, GT7. And at the title, no PC exclusives in sight
Good observation, PS5 had backwards compatibility so there was no need to ports recent games, PS4 suffers a lot more with that but very few games were crossgen, instead it had ports of previously released games.

I thought Ready at Dawn was a PS studio because they were part of Santa Monica in some weird external way lol. I guess not. They'd made a few PS games.

Bloodborne was made along with Japan Studios, produced by a Japanese studios head whos unfortunetly left now :(
They had a lot of people from Blizzard and Naugthy Dog and had had massive success working on Sony IPs until The Order 1886 was sent to die. Their PSP games were some of the best selling PSP games made by Sony.

Instead of recognizing the mistake of not giving the game more time Sony was disgruntled with the studio. Turns out that making a game that looks as good as The Order 1886 did coming from previously being a PSP developer in less than 5 years is ridiculously impressive.

Just imagine Ready at Dawn being a Sony dev working on new classic style God of War games, a new Jak and Daxter, PSVR2 games, even working on Directors Cut The Order 1886 with added content to put on PS+. They were perfect for Sony.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Kokoloko

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Those were released as stand alone games.

Tearaway is not exactly the same game as the Vita one. It's also not like it was playable on the PS3, it was only playable on the Vita before. If anything I should've also included Gravity Rush.

I removed Sound Shapes, I didn't notice it wasn't a new game.

The PS5 actually looks worse if you open the door of including remasters, the PS4 gets Gravity Rush, Heavy Rain, Flow, Flower, Uncharted Collection, God of War III, Beyond Two Souls, Journey, Super Stardust HD, Dead Nation, etc.

That is a key difference to me as well, perhaps the biggest difference even.
That is actually the thing PS4 got a lot of flack for a decade ago. The PS4 didn't have BC and reselling the same games that were releases on PS3 and PS Vita just very recently was seen as a very bad thing during that time, Had Xbox One had more exclusives ready a launch and the Wii U been a bigger hit Sony would of been clowned on more since some of those games didn't review well like The order 1886, Killzone SF, and even infamous ss only got an 80 on metacritic.

Also as someone who played a lot of teraway and gravity rush on both vita and ps4 I don't think removing some features in tearaway really makes them count as new games. If you think they are considered new games cool but gravity rush on PS4 is literally called "Gravity Rush Remastered"

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That is actually the thing PS4 got a lot of flack for a decade ago. The PS4 didn't have BC and reselling the same games that were releases on PS3 and PS Vita just very recently was seen as a very bad thing during that time, Had Xbox One had more exclusives ready a launch and the Wii U been a bigger hit Sony would of been clowned on more since some of those games didn't review well like The order 1886, Killzone SF, and even infamous ss only got an 80 on metacritic.

Also as someone who played a lot of teraway and gravity rush on both vita and ps4 I don't think removing some features in tearaway really makes them count as new games. If you think they are considered new games cool but gravity rush on PS4 is literally called "Gravity Rush Remastered"
It's still a game that wasn't even on PS3 that is the point, it's not like tons of people had the PS Vita (I actually did, I played both on the Vita and not on PS4, but when I played Tearaway it was a different game at least the begging because on the Vita is used camera, microphone and backtouch).

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It's still a game that wasn't even on PS3 that is the point, it's not like tons of people had the PS Vita (I actually did, I played both on the Vita and not on PS4, but when I played Tearaway it was a different game at least the begging because on the Vita is used camera, microphone and backtouch).
ok that's fine but weather or not it was a PS3 game or not doesn't change the fact it would fall under remaster or rerelease. If it was a full on remake them I can see the case for it staying on the PS4 list

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
ok that's fine but weather or not it was a PS3 game or not doesn't change the fact it would fall under remaster or rerelease. If it was a full on remake them I can see the case for it staying on the PS4 list
I disagree but I removed Tearaway Unfolded anyway to avoid controversies.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Good observation, PS5 had backwards compatibility so there was no need to ports recent games, PS4 suffers a lot more with that but very few games were crossgen, instead it had ports of previously released games.

They had a lot of people from Blizzard and Naugthy Dog and had had massive success working on Sony IPs until The Order 1886 was sent to die. Their PSP games were some of the best selling PSP games made by Sony.

Instead of recognizing the mistake of not giving the game more time Sony was disgruntled with the studio. Turns out that making a game that looks as good as The Order 1886 did coming from previously being a PSP developer in less than 5 years is ridiculously impressive.

Just imagine Ready at Dawn being a Sony dev working on new classic style God of War games, a new Jak and Daxter, PSVR2 games, even working on Directors Cut The Order 1886 with added content to put on PS+. They were perfect for Sony.
They really should of kept them. All of what you said plus they are more talented than Bend for sure too. Gameplay and graphics.
They would of great

Reactions: Nhomnhom and Diah

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Where's Helldivers 2? Where's Horizon VR?

Either way PS5 > PS4

Spiderman MM, Spiderman 2, GoW: R, Horizon FW, Returnal, R&C, Helldivers 2, Astro > Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Infamous, TLG

The only games really worth anything

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Where's Helldivers 2? Where's Horizon VR?

Either way PS5 > PS4

Spiderman MM, Spiderman 2, GoW: R, Horizon FW, Returnal, R&C, Helldivers 2, Astro > Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Infamous, TLG

The only games really worth anything

If we’re talking about true PS5 exclusives and not cross gen as Spiderman MM, GOWR, Horizon 2 and GT7 were all on PS4. They could be played without owning a PS5.

How come you counted R&C for PS5 as worth anything but not the one on PS4 which came out on 2016? Or DriveClub which was great.

I think its closer than both sides think. But with alot of PS5 games being Cross gen, PC released and 2 of them being Remakes it takes away a bit from PS5. And the lack of news from the rest of the actual PS studios is not fun. And MLB was an exclusive for 5 years of PS4’s life cycle, now its on Gamepass ffs.

Not including Cross gen games: But Im gonna count published by Sony.

PS4:
1.) KillZone
2.) Knack
3.) Infamous SS
4.) DriveClub
5.) Playroom - If people are counting Astrobot than why not this.
6.) Ratchet and Clank 2016
7.) The Last Guardian
8.) Bloodborne
9.) Uncharted 4
10.) Until Dawn
11.) Infamous First Light
12.) The Order
13.) Everbody’s Gone to Rapture
14.) Matterfall
15.) Fat Princess Adventures, Shadow of the Beast and a few more Im not even listing. And the remasters and ports

When you add 2017:
2017.) Horizon. Everybody’s Golf. GT Sports. Knack 2. Gravity Rush 2. Uncharted Lost Legacy, Nioh.

VR games: If we’re counting VR games: PS VR Worlds, Rigs, SuperStar Dust Ultra, Ghost Busters is Hiring, Gran Turismo Sports( Not full title)
No Hereos allowed.

Cross gen Games: Doki-Doki Universe, Resogun, LittleBigPlanet 3 ,Entwined ,Singstar, Helldivers, Hohokum ( No1 talk shit about this game, it was awesome lol )

PS5:
1.) Demons Souls
2.) Returnal
3.) Ratchet and Clank RA
4.) Spiderman 2
5.) Destruction All Stars
6.) Astrobot
7.) Horizon Burning Shores
8.) TLOU Remake
9.) Helldivers 2

VR games: GT7, Horizon VR, Firewall Ultra

Cross gen Games: Spiderman MM, God of War Ragnarok, GT7, Horizon 2

2024 games: Rise of Ronin, Stellar Blade
Possible for 2024: Concord. Rumoured Astrobot game

I counted remakes for PS5 like Demons Souls/ TLOURemake. But didnt count remasters/ports for PS4 just to even it out a bit.
Either way PS4 Days they were alot more busy, even though it kind of had a slow start with the AAA’s. Most the PS4 gen MLB was an exclusive too, and no PC launches for most of PS studio games. It was truly exclusive times.

And at this time, we had news of TLOU2 coming, God of War 2018, Spideman, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams, Detroit. We have zero announcements on most these studios for now. We knoe Wolverine is coming, Death Stranding 2, Kojima’s PS6 game, Marathon.

If you want to count cross gen games the numbers are alot closer. But I still feel this gen has been lacking a bit, last year we only got Spiderman 2 and the PC releases kind of takes away from the Platform (Only on Playstatio baby)

Reactions: Nhomnhom

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Its not been bad. But I could be alot happier lol. Like 2015-2020 release of games was impressive.
2025 onwards should have multiple GOTY calibre games every year. We've already had at least 1 goty calibre game each year thus far, even with 2023 being a "slow year", this gen has delivered more than last imo.

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I think PS5 did well in it's first 3 or 4 years in the market what kills it is the lack of annoucing games in advance, year 4 and so many studios are just MIA, that was not a thing last gen and makes no sense to me.

Hype sells and we have many examples of that, I just don't get it.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I think PS5 did well in it's first 3 or 4 years in the market what kills it is the lack of annoucing games in advance, year 4 and so many studios are just MIA, that was not a thing last gen and makes no sense to me.

Hype sells and we have many examples of that, I just don't get it.
Hype sells yes, but sadly with how horrible Xbox is, PS5 is pretty much the default option for 90% of consumers. Hopefully we get some announcements later this year, all the studios that are MIA need to start showing what they've been working on. Sony should get ahead of it before the GTA 6 news cycle starts.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
2025 onwards should have multiple GOTY calibre games every year. We've already had at least 1 goty calibre game each year thus far, even with 2023 being a "slow year", this gen has delivered more than last imo.

I agree with most of that. Not sure if its delivered more than the last 2 though.
Console /Controller wise its the best. Games for me are lacking from 1st party, PS3-PS4 was alot more well rounded with smaller titles along with the big hitters.
PS4 gave us Bloodborne, Infamous, God of War 2018, Horizon, Spiderman 1, The Last Guardian, TLOU2, Uncharted 4, Death Stranding. With many more smaller titles. We havent even had seen 1 ND title let alone released one.