Silent Hill 2 Remake | Review Thread

What scores do you think Silent Hill 2 Remake will get?

• 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-64%

• 65-69%

• 70-74%

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 90-94%

• 95-100%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
This seems to have worked out well. MSG3 looks great and unless it launches with some major technical issues, it'll be great to.

Really missed Konami in the industry, so I hope they're finally back with high quality products they used to make in the past.
Depends how profitable those pachinko machines or whatever they're called are lol

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Depends how profitable those pachinko machines or whatever they're called are lol
Here's the thing. Pachinko has never been Konami's biggest money maker. Even at its height, Konami made the most money from gyms (yeah, actual gyms) and insurance, of all things.

Also, Pachinko has been hit pretty hard with gambling laws a few years ago. So it's always been used as a scapegoat for them not working on games. But it never was a major factor. I think MGSV's budget pushed them away from gaming.

Whatever the case, it's good to have them back.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Here's the thing. Pachinko has never been Konami's biggest money maker. Even at its height, Konami made the most money from gyms (yeah, actual gyms) and insurance, of all things.

Also, Pachinko has been hit pretty hard with gambling laws a few years ago. So it's always been used as a scapegoat for them not working on games. But it never was a major factor. I think MGSV's budget pushed them away from gaming.

Whatever the case, it's good to have them back.
I don't see the fuss over them in Japan they just look like worse 2p machines lol

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I don't see the fuss over them in Japan they just look like worse 2p machines lol
Konami has actually released very profitable games in Japan - momotaru dentetsu and their e baseball series is very popular, Infact momotaru dentetsu is the only IP outside of Nintendo and Monster hunter which sells 1.5+ million copies in Japan. They just gave up on AAA releases in general because Kojima was their only ace and once he left they had no one who could handle a silent hill, mgs or castlevania.

The pachinko is used to slander them but they were in a very difficult spot with no talent left to make AAA games.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Konami has actually released very profitable games in Japan - momotaru dentetsu and their e baseball series is very popular, Infact momotaru dentetsu is the only IP outside of Nintendo and Monster hunter which sells 1.5+ million copies in Japan. They just gave up on AAA releases in general because Kojima was their only ace and once he left they had no one who could handle a silent hill, mgs or castlevania.

The pachinko is used to slander them but they were in a very difficult spot with no talent left to make AAA games.
I wasn't taking about konami I was talking about pachinko lol if you know what a 2P machine is , you wouldn't if you aren't from the UK

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Are we pretending this didn't look like shit up until few months ago lol?
Konami did a terrible marketing job
I think it was a combination of Konami themselves not believing bloober could pull it off and gamers at large not believing bloober capable of delivering. I think the only people who believed were those 250 people working at bloober and Ito who was supervising it. Gosh this is such an underdog story lol, I am happy to eat crow. They could make a no clip documentary about this, they truly deserve their flowers

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I wasn't taking about konami I was talking about pachinko lol if you know what a 2P machine is , you wouldn't if you aren't from the UK
I played the Metal Gear pachislot machines when I visited tokyo, they show MGS cutscenes while playing lol. Are 2p machines coin pushers?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I played the Metal Gear pachislot machines when I visited tokyo, they show MGS cutscenes while playing lol. Are 2p machines coin pushers?
Yeah you put 2 pence in it goes down lands on a thing that moves & pushes the coins I hated them because everytime I got a prize to drop off it it would end up going down the side & not come out 😂