Sony Admits Xbox Game Pass is ‘Far Ahead’ of PS Plus

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Seriously, to make some discussion around the topic we would need to know how and at what level?

Like, gamepass certainly has a very dedicated fanbase that are willing to blindly repeat whatever Xbox PR and marketing dictates. Also, there is a bigger proportion of Xbox owners that subscribe to it than ps users do for PS+ premium or whatever.

If Sony wants me to shill for a rental service they better pay me, I bet most YouTubers think the same way #thebestdealingaming.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Is this from a CMA document? I didn't see an attribution for the quote.

The real, complete quote is "And when it comes to MGS, it is beyond doubt that Gamepass is far ahead of PlayStation Plus":
https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_s_response_to_the_provisional_findings.pdf
image.png

PF means CMA's Preliminary Findings and MGS coud mean Microsoft Game Studios (meaning, the games published by MS, so in this context could mean that MS published titles are way more supplied to GP than to PS Plus). But it could pretty likely meant also what it's highlighted here, but in this other quote MGS means 'multi game subscription':

image.png

The thing is, PlayStation Plus is way ahead of GP in any metric so I don't know where could GP could be 'far ahead of PS Plus' other than in the number of supplied games published by MS. It would make sense to mean that MS puts alll the games they publish on GP but only a few in PS Plus.

In any case, by 'far ahead' they doesn't mean subs, revenue, MAU or profit. If that would be the case Sony would have said "hey, they have this specific amount of subs/revenue/mau/etc and we only have this certain other amouint". Sony's narrative doesn't go in that way, their narrative is more like 'hey CoD is super successful so to lose it would hurt us a lot!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

The real, complete quote is "And when it comes to MGS, it is beyond doubt that Gamepass is far ahead of PlayStation Plus":
https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_s_response_to_the_provisional_findings.pdf
image.png

PF means CMA's Preliminary Findings and MGS coud mean Microsoft Game Studios (meaning, the game published by MS, so in this context could mean that MS published titles are way more supplied to GP than to PS Plus). Pretty likely in the quote they meant what it's highlighted here, but in this other quote MGS means 'multi game subscription':

image.png

The thing is, PlayStation Plus is way ahead of GP in any metric so I don't know where could GP could be 'far ahead of PS Plus' other than in the number of supplied games published by MS. In any case, by 'far ahead' they don't mean subs, revenue, MAU or profit.
Wait, you're telling me that adamsapple was talking shit and purposely framing things wrong to make MS look good and Sony look bad?

What a quality poster.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
What a quality poster.

Thank you, just reporting the facts as news websites report them. 💚

Even @Yurinka is inferring something from the post as "could have meant", the document doesn't strictly say that (nothing against you Yur, just pointing something).

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I mean that was obvious, no?

It was like 25m GP vs 5m PS Now.
After changed to PS+ and PS+++ do you believe in any drastic change? Most PS users don’t go more than PS+.

So let’s say Sony has today 10m PS+/PS++ overthinking let’s say they reached 15m.

That is still way lower than Gamepass.

Plus Sony focus is not subscription… the opposite… they think subscription will harm the market in the long run and that is why they are against MS buying 3rd-parties to make them exclusive to Gamepass.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Well they aren’t gonna say it is worse are they?

They are trying to block an acquisition.

Come on Adamsapple, you can’t be that naive.

OP
OP
adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Well they aren’t gonna say it is worse are they?

They are trying to block an acquisition.

Come on Adamsapple, you can’t be that naive.

The use of targeted name calls is weird, the statement is from Sony themselves as reported by Playstation Lifestyle and Yahoo. I did not write the statement lol.

If you mean why I made the topic, people are making topics here based on tweets from unverified forum posters so .... 🤷‍♂️

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The use of targeted name calls is weird, the statement is from Sony themselves as reported by Playstation Lifestyle and Yahoo. I did not write the statement lol.

If you mean why I made the topic, people are making topics here based on tweets from unverified forum posters so .... 🤷‍♂️

Bet you don’t agree with this using your logic.

Microsoft admits "many" PlayStation exclusives "better quality" than those on Xbox​

OP
OP
adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
OP
OP
adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
No it’s just showing your double standards.

Why do you want to reply to it?

I mean the statement was made by Microsoft themselves.

You don’t believe Microsoft?

Your logic not mine.

My double standard ? What ? :ROFLMAO:

Make another topic if you feel that strongly about seeking my opinion, it has nothing to do with this topic lol

No need to twist yourself into a pretzel to try and one-up me 🤷‍♂️

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
My double standard ? What ? :ROFLMAO:

Make another topic if you feel that strongly about seeking my opinion, it has nothing to do with this topic lol

Adamsapple logic in a nutshell.

Sony says Gamepass is far ahead of PS Plus

Adamsapple - I agree cause Sony said it themselves.

Microsoft says Sony First Party exclusives superior to Xbox.

Adamsapple - I don’t agree. Who cares if Microsoft said it.

See the double standards?

I don’t need to open to a new thread. You would just be in there disagreeing and bringing in your usual drivel.

OP
OP
adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Adamsapple logic in a nutshell.

Sony says Gamepass is far ahead of PS Plus

Adamsapple - I agree cause Sony said it themselves.

Microsoft says Sony First Party exclusives superior to Xbox.

Adamsapple - I don’t agree. Who cares if Microsoft said it.

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

You can look up when that topic was made on Icon-Era and see what I commented instead of trying to make yourself look like an even bigger dolt.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022