Sony: Corporate Strategy Meeting 2024.5.23 | Business Segment Meeting

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Personally I wouldn't go quite that far, but you bring up some very good points about live service & full BC digital library.
It's 90% true. Sony has done very little that makes me, a long time PS fan, say "they really deserve all this success!" And with Xbox being even worse than last gen, they're now the de facto console more than ever.

Man I'm loving that these shareholders are doing proper due diligence, the goldman sachs person actually asked about pc sales cannibalizing consoles
Now Herman addressed that PC question and it's a nice sound byte...but they don't clarify HOW bringing non-GAAS titles to PC 2 or so years after console will convince PC gamers to pick up a console...
They were both stuttering like crazy lmao, neither could say anything definitive and pretty much gave non answers.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

especially when PC players might figure a cadence of the sequels going to PC too. If the PC gamer doesn't have FOMO, that strategy of drawing a PC gamer to pick up a console is basically nullified, because SIE's cadence up to this point has been to bring basically ALL of their current-gen releases to PC
I truly despise the PC community & their platform 🤬🤬🤬💅

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I truly despise the PC community & their platform 🤬🤬🤬💅
if you had to choose between the greater evil. Stella Blade Hot Babes edition vs PC community?

sexy victorias secret GIF

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Shareholders aren't dumb lol. If a company misses targets they're going to try to turn over every rock to find out why. Except, of course, when it comes to Microsoft. Apparently they don't gaf why Xbox division has been failing for over a decade.
M$ in the court said that they fixed reports to shareholders, picked and chose what to show. Plus, they always hide expenses over other branches.
Sony doesn't have much space to do that.
Hulst and co were stuttering with no answers, it isn't going any better from now on and shareholders will push them even more in the future.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
M$ in the court said that they fixed reports to shareholders, picked and chose what to show. Plus, they always hide expenses over other branches.
Sony doesn't have much space to do that.
Hulst and co were stuttering with no answers, it isn't going any better from now on and shareholders will push them even more in the future.
It's crazy how much they get away with.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Can anyone please link the business meeting where Hermen was the main guy speaking? Thanks in advance.
For some reason, I can only find the one with Hiroki Totoki and Kenichiro Yoshida.

OP
OP
Puff

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbox have marketing deals with so many devs and publishers:

Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza
Metapher: ReFantazio

One of the current major problems with PlayStation. Securing 3rd party marketing deals. I wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox has the marketing rights to GTA6 & Kingdom Hearts 4.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza

One of the current major problems with PlayStation. Securing 3rd party marketing deals. I wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox has the marketing rights to GTA6 & Kingdom Hearts 4.
Maybe Sony didn't have marketing slots available for big multiplatform games due to having way more 2024 console exclusives, which I may forget some but the released and announced ones are:
  • TLOU2R
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Granblue Fantasy Relink
  • Helldivers 2
  • Foamstars
  • Pacific Drive
  • MLB
  • Stellar Blade
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • V Rising
  • Silent Hill the Short Message
  • Destiny The Final Shape
  • Concord
  • Zenless Zone Zero
  • Astro Bot
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Convallaria
  • Lost Soul Aside
  • Where Winds Meet
  • Infinity Nikki
  • Until Dawn
  • Phantom Blade Zero
  • VR games like Metro Awakening or Alien
Plus they also had to market the HFW + GoT + GoWR PC ports a bit.

Still considering this, they had the marketing rights of games like Dragon's Dogma 2, Monster Hunter Wilds or Judas, Dave the Diver (also on PC and Switch but not in Xbox) or Black Myth: Wukong (apparently unintendedly temporal console exclusive, like Baldur's Gate 3).

Reactions: Puff

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza

We're going to see Sony spending less and less on 3rd party exclusivity deals and marketing deals. They're not worth much at this point.

Why does Sony need a marketing deal for Persona? The vast majority of people who are going to play any Persona game are already going to be on Playstation.

It's a waste of money, largely with diminishing returns that could otherwise be spent on IP creation or IP acquisition, with significantly better margins.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza

What is the point of these deals if Xbox is dead? I'm ok with this, invest in games instead, at least for now.

• brain
Reactions: 2spooky5me